Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What team should we be playing in the League Cup?

Kids
      (3%)
      Kids and First Team Fringe Players
      (50%)
      First Team and First Team Fringe
      (36.6%)
      The First Team
      (10.4%)

Exeter City v Liverpool pre-match thread (League Cup 2nd Round, Wed 24th)

Read 13231 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Exeter City v Liverpool pre-match thread (League Cup 2nd Round, Wed 24th)
      Reply #138: Aug 24, 2011 04:53:04 pm
      Full squad: Reina, Doni, Wilson, Carra, Adam, Sterling, Shelvey, Skrtel, Flanagan, Enrique, Meireles, Suarez, Carroll, Maxi, Henderson, Kuyt, Downing, Spearing.

Doni
      Flanagan Skrtel Wilson Enrique

Shelvey Spearing

Henderson  Meireles Maxi

Carroll
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #139: Aug 24, 2011 05:07:45 pm
      Full squad:
      Reina, Doni
       Wilson, Carra, Skrtel, Flanagan, Enrique,
      Adam, Sterling, Shelvey, Meireles, Maxi, Henderson, Kuyt, Downing, Spearing
      Suarez, Carroll,

That's a great mix for the squad.

I'm not happy. I want the squad to be rotated to prove opportunities for the youth.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #140: Aug 24, 2011 05:22:31 pm
      Would have liked to see Suso, but happy for Sterling! The way flanno & Kelly have become 1st teamers I hope this is a springboard for the lad. About time a youth player came through that gets all the headlines / scares managers across the prem!
      sonicgeeza
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      • Our History Is Untouchable
      Reply #141: Aug 24, 2011 05:26:33 pm
      Would like to see spearing get a good run, he's been unlucky not to feature so far.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #142: Aug 24, 2011 05:27:33 pm
      No Ngog, or Cole a few more absentees as well. Going to be a very interesting week.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #143: Aug 24, 2011 05:28:08 pm
      Can't believe the amount of shouts for Suso. You need to earn the callup on merit and he certainly hasn't been good enough. He has to improve and work to get that.

Sterling clearly has earned and I wouldn't of fussed if Wisdom also was called up. They have been the standouts.

Glad to see Kenny is taking this serious though, this is a great chance at a Cup and we can't afford to slip up.

Cmon Redmen!!
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #144: Aug 24, 2011 05:28:27 pm
      Went forthe first team in the vote as they need game time together.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #145: Aug 24, 2011 05:42:44 pm
      I wouldn't want Suarez and Enrique playing tbh.

I reckon it's gonna be a 4-4-2 tonight.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #146: Aug 24, 2011 06:29:06 pm
      I voted for the First Team at the top so I'm happy with the look of the squad.  Still expect the starting XI to feature the younger players, but happy that the club look to be taking this seriously.

And so they should.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #147: Aug 24, 2011 06:31:23 pm
      I would like to see Spearing and Henderson in the middle and Maxi and Sterling play on the wings. Would really benefit them getting playing time and also help Hendo and Sterling get accustomed to their natural position in the first team.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #148: Aug 24, 2011 06:34:16 pm
      Right that's it I want everyone rested, we could be in he champions league tomorrow  :f_tongueincheek:
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #149: Aug 24, 2011 06:35:48 pm
      I'll be in a company Pictionary game during the match. Not joking. Pretty upset, although winning a free lunch from "Five Guys" could be worth it :D

Hope Raheem makes his debut in a F***ing rout :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #150: Aug 24, 2011 06:37:56 pm
      I'll be in a company Pictionary game during the match.

:lmao:
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #151: Aug 24, 2011 06:38:20 pm
      Watching the local, south west news and they're call it the biggest game in years. Shows how bad south west football is. Exeter deserve to get demotlated today. Hope to see a strong side, and I think we'll win very easily !!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #152: Aug 24, 2011 06:38:37 pm
      I'll be in a company Pictionary game during the match. Not joking.

:holyshit:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #153: Aug 24, 2011 06:39:30 pm
      Surprised to see only 10% wanting the first team out today.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #154: Aug 24, 2011 06:40:49 pm
      I'm not happy. I want the squad to be rotated to prove opportunities for the youth.
      bollox we need a team to win the game.Strongest team possible and if we get the chance later bring the kids on then.
      Surprised to see only 10% wanting the first team out today.
      Agreed we need to field our best team EVERY game we dont have European games so this is a very important game.Regardless of the opposition we should get used to winning every game.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #155: Aug 24, 2011 06:57:11 pm
      Very strong line-up for #LFC tonight. Sterling not involved despite speculation on Twitter. Full line-up shortly.

Eight changes in total #LFC

- Jimmy Rice
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #156: Aug 24, 2011 06:58:22 pm
      Liverpool XI: Reina, Flanagan, Skrtel, Wilson, Robinson, Spearing, Adam, Henderson, Meireles, Maxi, Suarez.
      Subs: Doni, Enrique, Carroll, Kuyt, Downing, Carragher, Shelvey.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #157: Aug 24, 2011 06:59:13 pm
      Hope the players don't go out distracted by what's going on about the CL.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #158: Aug 24, 2011 07:00:00 pm
      bollox we need a team to win the game.Strongest team possible and if we get the chance later bring the kids on then.
      Agreed we need to field our best team EVERY game we dont have European games so this is a very important game.Regardless of the opposition we should get used to winning every game.

Thing is, I would want the players fresh and ready for the next game..And it wouldn't be nice if our best players get injured in this sort of game imo.

But I do see your point. It'll help gel the team as well as morale.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #159: Aug 24, 2011 07:00:30 pm
      No sterling? :(

Strong team though

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #160: Aug 24, 2011 07:02:49 pm
      Liverpool XI: Reina, Flanagan, Skrtel, Wilson, Robinson, Spearing, Adam, Henderson, Meireles, Maxi, Suarez.
      Subs: Doni, Enrique, Carroll, Kuyt, Downing, Carragher, Shelvey.

Happy enough with that although the back line looks a bit weak - still, the midfield and attack look strong :)

Looks like 4231 to me with Adam and Spearing in the holding/playmaker roles, Henderson and Maxi on the flanks and meireles behind Suarez

Quick Reply