Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Sebastian Coates (Nacional Montevideo)

Read 93062 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Sebastian Coates (Nacional Montevideo)
      Aug 22, 2011 07:35:39 pm

Manchester City push for Arsenal and Liverpool target Coates

by Geraldine Lagard
      Sun 21 Aug 2011 21:15

Manchester City remain interested in Uruguay defender Sebastian Coates.

The Daily Star Sunday claims City are looking to offer £6 million for the centre-back.

Manager Roberto Mancini is hoping the departures of fringe players like Wayne Bridge, Nedum Onuoha and Shaun Wright-Phillips will enable him to also bring in the 20-year-old, who plays for Nacional Montevideo.

Coates was voted Young Player of the Tournament last month when he helped Uruguay win the Copa America.

The 6ft 5ins defender has also been eyed by Arsenal, Liverpool, Porto, Sao Paulo in Brazil and all Italy’s top clubs.

http://www.click-manchester.com/sport/manchester-city/1213988-manchester-city-push-for-arsenal-and-liverpool-target-coates.html
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Sebastian Coates (Nacional Montevideo)
      Reply #1: Aug 22, 2011 08:26:32 pm
      He's been constantly linked to Brazilian clubs, particularly São Paulo, for over a year. In all honesty, I haven't seen much apart of the Copa America, but he was very impressive there for a young man, and he's very highly rated. Could be a good signing.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2: Aug 22, 2011 08:35:28 pm
      Being "eyed" by Liverpool is a tenuous 'link' but who knows; it's as good as any other rumour, I suppose.

I've only seen bits n bobs of the lad on the back of someone posting his name in the "Who do you want this summer?" thread and he looked good enough but (if we do bid) I think it's safe to assume Kenny will have watched him more than that.

AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #3: Aug 22, 2011 09:01:51 pm
      click manchester also said we were in for John O'Shea take this one with a fine pinch of salt
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #4: Aug 22, 2011 09:43:23 pm
      click manchester also said we were in for John O'Shea take this one with a fine pinch of salt

Can't believe Sunderland pipped us to signing him and Wickham... ;D
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #5: Aug 22, 2011 10:25:17 pm
      LFC Transfer Speculations
      Reliable person says DEFO interested in Sebastien Coates and Craig Bellamy.. Bolton want to much money for cahill.. trying to get coates before the end of week and Bellamy on loan.

Don know this lad never seen him apart from the copa.Lot of people saying we are looking at him.
      donk1664
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      Reply #6: Aug 22, 2011 10:50:27 pm
      Can't believe Sunderland pipped us to signing him and Wickham... ;D

I remember how gutted you were when we also missed out on Wes Brown  :f_tongueincheek:
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #7: Aug 22, 2011 10:58:36 pm
      Sebastian Coates - Libertadores 2009

I like these videos that show every touch a player makes in a game, get a better view.  Looks very very good, but it is only a 6 min youtube video, so I'm not going to get carried away.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #8: Aug 22, 2011 11:01:21 pm
      Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish targets Uruguayan Sebastian Coates after Sotirios Kyrgiakos's departure

Liverpool have identified the Uruguayan centre-back Sebastian Coates as Kenny Dalglish’s sixth signing of the summer and are confident of completing a £12 million deal for the 20 year-old before the end of the month.
      By Rory Smith

10:00PM BST 22 Aug 2011
      Dalglish’s need for further defensive cover increased on Monday after Liverpool allowed Greek international Sotirios Kyrgiakos to join Wolfsburg on a free transfer.

The 6ft 6 in Coates impressed during Uruguay’s victorious Copa America campaign and has been monitored by Manchester City prior to their capture of Stefan Savic. Currently with Nacional, Coates was due to switch to Brazilian side Sao Paulo, only for the Uruguayan side to pull out of the deal when his profile – and price – rocketed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8716883/Liverpool-manager-Kenny-Dalglish-targets-Uruguayan-Sebastian-Coates-after-Sotirios-Kyrgiakoss-departure.html
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #9: Aug 22, 2011 11:09:05 pm
      Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish targets Uruguayan Sebastian Coates after Sotirios Kyrgiakos's departure

Liverpool have identified the Uruguayan centre-back Sebastian Coates as Kenny Dalglish’s sixth signing of the summer and are confident of completing a £12 million deal for the 20 year-old before the end of the month.
      By Rory Smith

10:00PM BST 22 Aug 2011
      Dalglish’s need for further defensive cover increased on Monday after Liverpool allowed Greek international Sotirios Kyrgiakos to join Wolfsburg on a free transfer.

The 6ft 6 in Coates impressed during Uruguay’s victorious Copa America campaign and has been monitored by Manchester City prior to their capture of Stefan Savic. Currently with Nacional, Coates was due to switch to Brazilian side Sao Paulo, only for the Uruguayan side to pull out of the deal when his profile – and price – rocketed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8716883/Liverpool-manager-Kenny-Dalglish-targets-Uruguayan-Sebastian-Coates-after-Sotirios-Kyrgiakoss-departure.html

If we want him Saint and he has other suitors can't hurt having Luis here hopefully they are best of friends.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #10: Aug 22, 2011 11:19:07 pm
      Come on Kenny, grab your Coates, you've pulled (off a transfer coup) .
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #11: Aug 22, 2011 11:23:45 pm
      To be honest, I have only watched him in a couple of Copa Libertadores matches for Nacional, and at this year's Copa America for Uruguay... Still, I have a very good feeling about this kid ... He reminds me of the young Sami Hyypia, and not only because of his height ...

Sebastian Coates, Mejores Momentos Nacional 2010, Parte 1
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #12: Aug 22, 2011 11:24:22 pm
      Looks good, but I'd rather have Julian Dicks...

I'll get me Coates..........
      donk1664
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      Reply #13: Aug 22, 2011 11:30:37 pm
      To be honest, I have only watched him in a couple of Copa Libertadores matches for Nacional, and at this year's Copa America for Uruguay... Still, I have a very good feeling about this kid ... He reminds me of the young Sami Hyypia, and not only because of his height ...

Sebastian Coates, Mejores Momentos Nacional 2010, Parte 1

Words that get me all dreamy eyed. If he's even as good as the steam off Sami's back I say sign him up right now!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #14: Aug 22, 2011 11:30:40 pm

Tony Evans: "Coates could be on" ...
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #15: Aug 22, 2011 11:33:06 pm

Ba-dum-teeesh... ;D
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #16: Aug 22, 2011 11:38:18 pm
      I watched this guy in the copa America and have to say he impressed me, potentially very good player, although id still prefer Dann or Cahill at the right price.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #17: Aug 22, 2011 11:40:38 pm
      The Times and the Mirror are reporting this now as well.
      donk1664
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      Reply #18: Aug 22, 2011 11:43:29 pm

Why is it raining?

Sorry
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #19: Aug 22, 2011 11:44:16 pm
      donk1664
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      Reply #20: Aug 22, 2011 11:45:57 pm
       :lmao:

In the interests of equality shouldn't you post a creationists version on here as well :)

Nicely done though and quickly
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #21: Aug 22, 2011 11:49:42 pm

Liverpool bid £10m for Copa America defender

Published 23:19 22/08/11
      By David Anderson

Liverpool have tried to steal a march on their rivals in the bid to sign Sebastian Coates by offering £10million for the Uruguay centre-half.

Manchester City, Juventus, Lazio, Porto and Benfica have all shown an interest in Luis Suarez's highly-rated compatriot.

Coates, 20, helped Uruguay win the Copa America last month and was voted the tournament's Best Young Player.

Coates wants to quit South American side Nacional this summer and has turned down a move to Dnipro because he wants to join a top European side.

"I will surely wear the historical shirt of a great club soon," he said.

Coates has said he would prefer to join a club in the Champions League and Liverpool hope the chance to team up with Suarez will persuade him to come to Anfield.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-bid-10m-Uruguay-centre-back-Sebastian-Coates-also-target-Manchester-City-Juventus-Lazio-article789194.html
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #22: Aug 22, 2011 11:54:52 pm
      Step right up! We have another choice prize winnnerrr!!!!  Step right up and claim yer prize!

Quick Reply