Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

John Flanagan
      (0.7%)
      Andy Carroll
      (3.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (4.1%)
      Charlie Adam
      (0.7%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1.4%)
      Danny Wilson
      (1.4%)
      Jack Robinson
      (0.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      (81.1%)
      Pepe Reina
      (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (0%)
      Jay Spearing
      (6.8%)

Exeter 1-3 Liverpool - post match "is right lad"

Read 51619 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Exeter 1-3 Liverpool - post match "is right lad"
      Reply #644: Aug 25, 2011 12:11:37 pm
      Made up with the team Kenny put out. Well done lads, came away with the win and into the next round.

Got to say I'm with Corbally on this one, even though the game was over, when Suarez came off, it didn't even look like we'd score. I hope the lad plays every Premier League game this season more than anything.

For me, having him on that pitch was as exciting as a certain Mr Torres when he was in his prime at the start of his LFC career. There's this magic you feel, that with this fella on the pitch we could do anything. That's the same way I feel about Torres before he fu**ed us. I hope Luis plays the rest of his career with us, he's going to turn out to be another Liverpool Number 7 Legend.

Back to the game, so happy we got see a midweek game, I've missed them and loved hearing Kenny's comments after the match when the commentator said "What do u think of the yellow card handed out to Hendo", Kenny says couldn't see it from where I was, to see it I'd have to have 20/20 vision and I ain't got that.  :lmao:

Bring on Round 3.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #645: Aug 25, 2011 01:15:28 pm
      Very happy with the team that started, as well as the quality we had on the bench, carroll, kuyt, downing etc. Nice to see also because it shows Exeter real respect which they deserve.

I think we played it very professionally, Suarez was brilliant... again. Carroll's touch looked miles better than it has done so far this season, and he made all the right decisions with the ball which pleased me. Cracking goal too. We were solid at the back, one bad mistake from Skrtel to give away the penalty and that was all really.

Have to say about Henderson, he had one of those games were almost everything went wrong for him, but I appreciated his effort. He did set up our first goal, and even though he was making mistakes he didn't shy away from the ball. Plus his passing is improving each game. I'd like to encourage all our fans to stick by him too, remember he's only played 3 games and he's still very young.

Only downside was losing Raul to injury, hope it doesn't keep him out for too long, but with him and Gerrard injured, it shows you the advantage of having so many top central midfielders. Even with 2 injurys to 2 of our best centre mids, it's an area that we still have alot of talent in: Adam, Henderson, Shelvey, Spearing, Lucas etc.

Anyway, happy with the comfortable win and look forward to the game against a decent Bolton side at the weekend.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #646: Aug 25, 2011 01:51:38 pm
      4 matches away from Wembley.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #647: Aug 25, 2011 02:00:41 pm

5 matches.  Semis are home/away.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #648: Aug 25, 2011 02:09:59 pm
      5 matches.  Semis are home/away.

I stand corrected.

Heres hoping we avoid that formidable outfit Northampton.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #649: Aug 25, 2011 08:13:46 pm
      Has anyone heard a rumour that the match is being investigated for fraud ? apparently the Referee was not only a LFC fan,and Scouser BUT an LFC reds forum member AS WELL ! :f_tongueincheek:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #650: Aug 26, 2011 01:56:00 am
      Neck and neck on the Man of the Match poll then...

Just a bit  ;)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #651: Aug 26, 2011 09:18:48 am
      Has anyone heard a rumour that the match is being investigated for fraud ? apparently the Referee was not only a LFC fan,and Scouser BUT an LFC reds forum member AS WELL ! :f_tongueincheek:
      What are you saying Steve,JD is a ref on the pitch as well as on LFCREDS,unbelievable.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #652: Aug 26, 2011 09:47:08 am
      The referee wasn't called J.D. !

Quick Reply