Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)

Read 12662 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)
      Reply #23: Aug 29, 2011 02:49:58 pm
      Not really sure what he said wrong apart from Chelsea being a massive club ? :)

“It is good for Liverpool Benitez has gone, but it was too late for me. I know everyone working there will be a lot happier and I believe Roy Hodgson is a good choice. It was a privilege for me to play for such a great club in front of great fans. I thought I would be staying for a lot longer.”

Well that was a fun read with more "wah! wah!" my boss didn't love me crap.  That really does sicken me, if you're a professional, bugger it, if you have a job of any sort, why does it matter if your boss doesn't give you a cuddle and tuck you into bed every night?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #24: Aug 29, 2011 02:56:19 pm
      Christ, what a whiner. Sounds like Robbie Keane in that interview. If he came back here, not sure he would get much more game time under Kenny than he did with Rafa IMO. Maybe Kenny will pamper him better though.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #25: Aug 29, 2011 03:04:03 pm
      At the end of the day he wasn't good enough for a rafa team and he ain't good for a kenny team.  Where exactly would he play. Not surprised chelsea are looking to off load him more surprised they bought him in the first place.  Finally Raul is a m uch better player. If chelsea want himself it should be for a20million or be told to F**k off load
      AW00D
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #26: Aug 29, 2011 03:08:35 pm
      Chelsea midfielder Yossi Benayoun has posted on Twitter that he is on the verge of leaving Stamford Bridge.

Benayoun, 31, has seen just one minute of action for the Blues this season and looks to be surplus to requirements following the arrival of fellow midfielder Juan Mata from Valencia.

It has been rumoured Benayoun would be included in an offer from Chelsea for Tottenham playmaker Luka Modric.

"Negotiating with several teams... news soon," wrote Benayoun.

Newcastle have also been linked with the Israel captain, who moved to Stamford Bridge from Liverpool last summer on a free transfer.

Benayoun was restricted to 10 appearances for the club last season due to an Achilles injury, which kept him out for six months.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14708743.stm

Please dont come to us!
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #27: Aug 29, 2011 03:25:22 pm
      Wouldn't say he was very good for us was always a squad player
      He was our best techinical player at the time he played, could unlock defenses brilliantly.
      « Last Edit: Aug 29, 2011 03:31:17 pm by thereds13 »
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #28: Aug 29, 2011 03:29:38 pm
      No please, he will start moaning here after a month  because  he is way back down the pack of liverpool midfielders,he won't play here either , so yossi just choose lile ,
        Raul is a much better player ,
       so no  thanks we need Raul

YNWA
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #29: Aug 29, 2011 03:32:31 pm
      Rubbish he was only good coming off t he bench he was sh*te when he started. Not good by a long shot to be a regular at the club and no where near Raul as a player
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #30: Aug 29, 2011 03:37:33 pm
      Not for meireles but i wouldnt mind if he came back. he's quick, smart and his vision would be brilliant with luis up front. Wouldn't pay more than five million but would happily see him back. But definitely not for meireles.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #31: Aug 29, 2011 03:39:41 pm
      He defo ain't quick and the reason he was so sh*te when rafa started him wide. 
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #32: Aug 29, 2011 03:45:28 pm
      He defo ain't quick and the reason he was so sh*te when rafa started him wide. 

He has great movement and has very quick feet, but no pace.  Loved him when he was here.  Rafa didn't love him and pushed him away :(
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #33: Aug 29, 2011 03:47:36 pm
      He has great movement and has very quick feet, but no pace.  Loved him when he was here.  Rafa didn't love him and pushed him away :(

Yeah that unloving spaniard how dare he push yossi away.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #34: Aug 29, 2011 03:57:13 pm
      Squad player at best when he was here last time, be the same this time & I can't see the point of signing him.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #35: Aug 29, 2011 03:58:14 pm
      He'd be behind...

Stevie
      Lucas
      Adam
      Downing
      Raul
      Henderson
      Maxi

Makes it highly unlikely.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #36: Aug 29, 2011 04:00:24 pm
       I guess the chavs think that KK is  stupid to swap Raul with yossi and strenghten the blue sh*te midfield
       C.mon we are not really interested I think, swapping an in form 27 year old midfielder ,with a 31 year old one who has not played  a whole game for nearly 2 seasons

Hope this is just a joke

YNWA
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #37: Aug 29, 2011 04:00:51 pm
      Maxi is a much better player
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #38: Aug 29, 2011 04:01:54 pm
      Why is religion constantly seeping into various totally non-related threads?

I don't think Rafa has been officially accepted as a deity yet mate :)
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #39: Aug 29, 2011 04:03:46 pm
      I don't think Rafa has been officially accepted as a deity yet mate :)

;D in the eyes of some he is sitting in the pantheon alongside Fowler ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #40: Aug 29, 2011 04:22:51 pm
      Chelsea set to offload Yossi Benayoun to Liverpool or Lille

By Jason Burt
      29 Aug 2011

Yossi Benayoun may make a surprise return to Liverpool with Chelsea set to sell him to his former club or the French champions, Lille. A decision could be made this afternoon on which club has succeeded in acquiring the Israeli international.

If Benayoun returns to Anfield then it might pave the way for Raul Meireles to leave Liverpool. It’s understood the Portuguese international, currently out injured, wants to quit Merseyside because he believes his first-team opportunities will be limited by Kenny Dalglish’s summer signings.

Chelsea have expressed an interest in acquiring Meireles and it’s understood the two clubs are discussing the possibility of Benayoun being included in a player-plus-cash exchange.

However Liverpool would prefer Meireles, if he is to leave, to move abroad and not remain in the Premier League. With the midfield signings made by Dalglish, Meireles has lost his place in the starting XI for now. He was injured in the Carling Cup last week.

Meireles is thought to be available for around £11m – although Liverpool may demand more from Chelsea – and is admired by Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas who worked with him briefly at Porto.

Benayoun has indicated on his Twitter site for the past couple of weeks that he is likely to leave Chelsea, who he signed for last summer, and recently gave up his number 10 shirt to new arrival Juan Mata.

Yesterday Benayoun tweeted: “negotiating with several team (sic) … news soon.” The two clubs are Liverpool and also the highly-ambitious French champions, Lille. If Benayoun signs for them it might raises questions over their Belgian international midfielder Edin Hazard who has been wanted by Arsenal.

Despite Liverpool’s interest, Lille are also thought to be strongly in contention to sign Benayoun and can offer him Champions League football this season. Benayoun has grown surplus to requirements a Chelsea, where he has struggled to gain regular first-team football and has suffered from serious injury.

It’s understood to be highly unlikely that Benayoun will remain at Chelsea.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8729246/Chelsea-set-to-offload-Yossi-Benayoun-to-Liverpool-or-Lille.html
      Yup, already been posted ...
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=38329.3210

... and it even references the original source:  :o
      Respected Israeli source Ynet has stated that Yossi Benayoun has said his goodbyes to team-mates and that the West London club will allow the 31 year old midfielder to leave before the transfer window slams shut. As well as interest from the two Premier League sides it is believed that Ligue 1 title holders Lille are interested in the adaptable attacker.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/08/29/liverpool-and-arsenal-in-talks-to-sign-chelsea-midfielder-yossi-benayoun/
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #41: Aug 29, 2011 04:25:58 pm
      No thankyou. We've got far better players already here who also aren't mercenaries.
      achilleas10
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      • Born Red, Live Red, Die Red
      Reply #42: Aug 29, 2011 04:43:28 pm
      He'd be behind...

Stevie
      Lucas
      Adam
      Downing
      Raul
      Henderson
      Maxi

Makes it highly unlikely.

You forgot Afellay... ;)
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #43: Aug 29, 2011 04:43:34 pm
      Yup, already been posted ...
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=38329.3210

... and it even references the original source:  :o
      Respected Israeli source Ynet has stated that Yossi Benayoun has said his goodbyes to team-mates and that the West London club will allow the 31 year old midfielder to leave before the transfer window slams shut. As well as interest from the two Premier League sides it is believed that Ligue 1 title holders Lille are interested in the adaptable attacker.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/08/29/liverpool-and-arsenal-in-talks-to-sign-chelsea-midfielder-yossi-benayoun/

It seems that we have another wannabe mod in the house ...

Actually, I've got it from the original Israeli source ...

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4115052,00.html

I have only waited for a more respectable English source to pick it up, before starting this thread ...
      « Last Edit: Aug 29, 2011 05:40:25 pm by Macedonian_Red »
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #44: Aug 29, 2011 05:25:52 pm
      Rauls reaction to the swap deal rumours involving Benayoun

Make of that what you will..
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #45: Aug 29, 2011 05:45:54 pm
      On Topic and leave the personal issues to PM's or better still, grow up and don't insult others, in any form.

Quick Reply