Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)

Read 12666 times
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Re: Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)
      Reply #69: Aug 30, 2011 12:03:34 pm
      I'm not sure if it's because he's Israeli, but he can't seem to be in one place for too long.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #70: Aug 30, 2011 10:35:06 pm
      Like F**k do i want to see him back in our shirt again! He thought he was too good for us and buggered off to a rival. Can't come crying back to us just because he couldn't cut it with them. Had his chance to stay with us but he chose to leave.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #71: Aug 30, 2011 10:38:11 pm
      Like f**k do I want to see him back in our shirt again! He thought he was too good for us and buggered off to a rival. Can't come crying back to us just because he couldn't cut it with them. Had his chance to stay with us but he chose to leave.

I think you'll find that Rafa told him to find a new Club after a training session before the Hull game the season before last.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #72: Aug 30, 2011 10:40:10 pm
      I think you ll find hodgson was the manager when he left
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #73: Aug 30, 2011 10:42:31 pm
       NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO , What for a  swap with a younger, better and in form Raul, NOagain

He wanted to leave, so he has to take what he wanted,OUT. and than blame it on Rafa

lets hope the club are not tempted to take this sh*t on board

YNWA
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #74: Aug 30, 2011 10:43:36 pm
      I think you'll find that Rafa told him to find a new Club after a training session before the Hull game the season before last.

Agree think he was pissed off,and Rafa told him to find another club.He did have a nasty injury last season having seen him play since wonder how his fitness is.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #75: Aug 30, 2011 10:45:54 pm

How did that have any bearing if true when Rafa wasn't the one who sold him?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #76: Aug 30, 2011 10:47:55 pm
      While we are at it,lets sign traore,owen,heskey and all ex reds..................Mo ve on.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #77: Aug 30, 2011 10:48:54 pm
      While we are at it,lets sign traore,owen,heskey and all ex reds..................Mo ve on.

I wouldn't turn down Alonso ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #78: Aug 30, 2011 10:51:14 pm
      I also think you'll f**king find that Rafa told him to find a new Club!. F**k me, you'll be blaming Hodgson for global warming and AIDS next!.

F***ing hell, some people will go to any lengths to apportion the blame elsewhere. Yossi even stated himself that Rafa had said so.

Also didn't Yossi say that he already agreed the deal with Chelsea before Hodgson arrived? I'm pretty sure he said that in his interview after he left.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #79: Aug 30, 2011 10:52:45 pm
      Yossi didn't start many games cause he was usually rubbish when he did. A great squad option when he was here, a game changing player, but never a star for us. He might complain whatever he wants, the likes of Gerrard and Carra have also said how difficult it was to please Rafa, that was his style - like it or not -, but it never stopped better players from being stars for us. Actually most of them found the form of their lives under his management.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #80: Aug 30, 2011 10:54:45 pm
      I also think you'll f**king find that Rafa told him to find a new Club!. F**k me, you'll be blaming Hodgson for global warming and AIDS next!.

F***ing hell, some people will go to any lengths to apportion the blame elsewhere. Yossi even stated himself that Rafa had said so.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that Rafa told him to leave, have you ever thought about that?. Just a thought like, it's not Quantum Physics.

No need for the attitude really is there?

When Roy took over i think the chances are Yossi would have probably viewed it as a new start or something and that Rafa no longer had a say about his future at the club. Also i'd like to see where it says he was told to find a new club.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #81: Aug 30, 2011 11:20:08 pm
      I don't want Yossi back at all. Not at all.
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #82: Aug 30, 2011 11:40:59 pm
      I understand if you guys don't want him back but saying he was crap?
      He was always top 3 when played and quite a few games he was MOTM.
      He was behind on goals just to Torres and Kuyt...
      And it was pretty obvious that the deal was pretty much done before Rafa left.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #83: Aug 30, 2011 11:47:39 pm
      I think you ll find hodgson was the manager when he left

So? Rafa pushed him out, Yossi stated that categorically in no uncertain terms, he was effectively gone before Roy got here.  Roy didn't sweep him off his feet and make him change his mind, but it was Rafa that got rid of him - not that it matters anyway.  What became effectively Yossi for Cole + £6m seemed like a great deal for us at the time...
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #84: Aug 30, 2011 11:49:19 pm
      If we're to listen to Benayoun, having him back here would be a step down in his career. Benitez rated him that's why he was bought by him, problem Rafa had with him was the fact he could not be there for the team. He was playing well in a role where he came on and was very influential. Honestly, for some this may mean a direct start, but he's a player that you can see do nothing but when he does something it's something.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #85: Aug 30, 2011 11:50:57 pm
      Rafa tried to sign him 3 times at two different clubs. He rated him but had other plans eventually. That's natural.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #86: Aug 30, 2011 11:57:04 pm
      Hodgson was manager when he went. If he wanted to stay he could have players are allowed change there minds. Yossi wanted to play for chelsea instead of Liverpool. Now he has seen the grass isnt greener on the other side he wants to come back with his tail between his legs.  Your post is F***ing ridiculous hardcore wasn't blaming hodgson for anything was remarking he was manager when Yossi left not rafa so he could have stayed if he wanted to but he didn't. Yossi isfucking average player at best who i was not disappointed to see the back of Liverpool
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #87: Aug 31, 2011 12:02:48 am
      This is a transfer thread.

Not a who sold Yossi Benayoun thread.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #88: Aug 31, 2011 12:04:55 am
      This is a transfer thread.

Not a who sold Yossi Benayoun thread.

Can we say that Rafa was responsible for Yossi's transfer then? ;)

Back on topic...

Good for us a few years ago, I really liked him, but too old, injured last year, not an upgrade on the players we have and he cut his ties with the club.
      So Chelsea can give us Sturridge or they can f**k off.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #89: Aug 31, 2011 04:01:29 am
      I find the idea us taking Yossi back to Liverpool as funny as if Chelsea was going to take back Joe Cole. I liked him as a player, did a good job for us during his time but wanted to move on else where so be it.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #90: Aug 31, 2011 09:15:45 am
      Obviously he blamed the whole thing on Rafa, but as some has mentioned here he could have easily made a u-turn when Roy came in. He didn't, but he jumped onto a bandwagon as a glory seeker and he left us at a time when the club was in a turmoil and he left us high and dry which made me appreciate Dagger so much more. Imagine as a supporter when the club was in a crisis, seeing players leaving the club really broke our hearts, and that he has broken millions of hearts, I believe. I'm sure Agger got no less verbal abuses from Rafa than he did but he stayed on and came back stronger. I hope he keeps his hairstyle that looks ferocious and not one of those boyish hairstyle he had before ........ off topic. So, it's no go for me, the club has moved on and so did he, furthermore age is not on his side, just let it pass and move on from here and all the best to him.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #91: Aug 31, 2011 02:22:23 pm

John Sinnott (BBC Sports): Update from Yossi Benayoun's representatives: "It will be Spurs, Arsenal or Liverpool ... We don't know yet" ...

Quick Reply