Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Sebastian Coates Player Thread (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 116572 times
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Re: Sebastian Coates Player Thread
      Reply #161: Sep 21, 2011 07:28:38 pm
      Looking forward to watching him tonight, very hard to judge him on that F***ing shambles Sunday.

True that - hope he does well.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #162: Sep 21, 2011 07:39:27 pm
      Will be good to see him today.  Glad he is playing alongside Carra...                     

the old git is a liability ;)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #163: Sep 21, 2011 07:44:13 pm
      Lets hope it goes better than Skrtel's first cup game, against Havant & Waterlooville! I think many of us were wondering who the hell we'd bought after that performance  :D
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #164: Sep 21, 2011 09:47:24 pm
      Like him. Think his defending is very good, needs to work on his passing a bit but that'll come when he's settled.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #165: Sep 21, 2011 09:50:31 pm
      Decent performance, few little mistakes, but to be expected. 
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Reply #166: Sep 21, 2011 09:53:17 pm
      Decent performance, few little mistakes, but to be expected. 

few mistakes? he did a lot of mistakes in the first half, and what on earth was he doing giving the ball away in the 2nd which almost resulted in a goal when they hit the crossbar! I thought he had a poor game in general and has a lot to learn for a young talent, BUT I do believe he does have potential and he looks like an excellent game reader and has strong positional sense, he just needs to improve in timing his tackles
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #167: Sep 21, 2011 09:55:39 pm
      few mistakes? he did a lot of mistakes in the first half, and what on earth was he doing giving the ball away in the 2nd which almost resulted in a goal when they hit the crossbar! I thought he had a poor game in general and has a lot to learn for a young talent, BUT I do believe he does have potential and he looks like an excellent game reader and has strong positional sense, he just needs to improve in timing his tackles

Few games under his belt and dealing with the speed and physicality of the PL and he will be just fine, he has the tools, just needs to recalibrate them a bit.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Reply #168: Sep 21, 2011 09:57:46 pm
      Few games under his belt and dealing with the speed and physicality of the PL and he will be just fine, he has the tools, just needs to recalibrate them a bit.

I agree! I think the lad has potential, showed some glimpses today
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #169: Sep 21, 2011 10:46:20 pm
      Can't believe there is virtually two whole pages of debate purely on one tackle from the Spuds game in this thread! Lad did ok tonight, went to ground early on a couple of occasions which was a bit of a worry but he made an excllent block tackle in our area when one of their lads was bursting through. He doesn't look to me as if he is someone who can come in and be 1st choice this season but more a player who can be blooded gradually with the intention of him challenging to be first choice next season.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #170: Sep 21, 2011 10:48:02 pm
      Thought he done all right, looked a little nervy and shaky at teh start but grew as the match wore on, he's only Young so plenty of time for him to grow in stature, think he'll be a good player with a season or two under his belt.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #171: Sep 21, 2011 11:07:30 pm
      Lets hope it goes better than Skrtel's first cup game, against Havant & Waterlooville! I think many of us were wondering who the hell we'd bought after that performance  :D

I remember being at that game, was wondering what the **** had we bought here. Not thinking the same when it comes to Coates. He has a fair bit to learn, but Centre Backs do generally improve a lot with age. He is at the right club to learn, just be patient.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #172: Sep 22, 2011 09:47:05 am
      Good movement, looks brave enough, not strong enough in a couple of tackles and made a few errors both in positioning and passing. Mixed game for me , but the one thing that stood out for me was that on a couple of occasions he read the play well and didn't ball watch. Promising!
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #173: Sep 22, 2011 09:49:55 am
      He is a Fantastic Signing. No Doubt About it. Dont Tackle Hard. Reads a Game Well. A Bit like in a Sami Mode. He is Still Adjusting To the New Culture, Enviroment. So it'll take some time for him to Perform on his full Level.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #174: Sep 22, 2011 09:51:48 am
      Massive unit. Him & Kelly at CB for the future. If they both improve they can be a brilliant bedrock for years. Both can play football as well as defend. Coates a little slow on the turn but once he gets going he's fine. Not the quickest but with Kelly alongside & 2 pacey young full backs its loong good
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #175: Sep 22, 2011 10:03:30 am

He wasnt quick enough to get back to get to the ball. Thats the bottom line.

Actually he just missed the tackle, but it was a matter of 'aiming' and not speed. If you look closely at the replay, Adebayor's feet was further away than the ball, he just missed the ball by very little and hence got the player. Had he aimed his tackle right he would've taken the ball no problem.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #176: Sep 22, 2011 10:27:48 am

Actually he just missed the tackle, but it was a matter of 'aiming' and not speed. If you look closely at the replay, Adebayor's feet was further away than the ball, he just missed the ball by very little and hence got the player. Had he aimed his tackle right he would've taken the ball no problem.

Been over this mate, I dont agree. It was his turn of pace that got him in trouble in the first place. Once he gets going he can recover & yes he did get back, just not enough IMO.

Im not saying he is slow either, just ATM not the best on the turn. Still young & will hopefully learn top set himself better to cure that
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #177: Sep 22, 2011 11:21:59 am
      Jury's still out for me, but he did show how good Kelly can be in that position as he is the more complete footballer of the two ( at the moment ). Have to say I have seen cruise ship turn quicker but hopefully he can improve.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #178: Sep 22, 2011 11:43:12 am
      Very nervous at times but that was to be expected. I think he done well when we were under pressure and he didnt have time to think the instictive defending came out and he made a few good tackles and clearances.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #179: Sep 22, 2011 11:48:15 am
      That really takes the biscuit.

What a crock of agenda filled sh*te.

So, Kelly, Johnson, Gerrard and Suarez are slow are they?

Because Carroll is right up there with them, not to mention that the Uruguay team coach has stated that Coates is deceptively quick.

Does it? Is it? Nah, no agenda here just a lifelong LFC fan trying to discuss things sensibly.

So you think our team doesn’t lack pace then? When I said complete I didn’t mean every player, it was using the word not totally how it should be used. It’s done all the time when talking about football & many other things. Complete waste of time etc, etc. 
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #180: Sep 22, 2011 12:08:03 pm
       I'm unsure of him so far. I didn't watch him in the copa america thing, so I've seen him play twice only. He hasn't done anything majorly wrong, but then again he hasn't done anything majorly right either. So far, I haven't seen lots of evidence of what we have paid 7 million squid for, but by the same token it doesn't look on the surface like we've bought ourselves a muppet.

He seems reasonable at everything, not too bad in the air, not slow, distributes it OK etc etc. I don't like to dilly dally and like to get a judgement in early normally, but I'm gonna wait on this kid.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #181: Sep 22, 2011 12:23:10 pm
      He doesn't.

Get with it mate the lad is a bad, bad WUM.

Yes I do, more than likely for quite some time longer than you as well. Not that it matters, I wouldnt go around saying you are not a fan if I (which I have) disagreed with you.

You tell me one thing that I have said that really warrants you saying I am not a fan. I'll have a reasoned backed up answer to anything you say as I am a fan, a lifelong one since the 70’s. A love that was cemented during the 1980 Charity Shield win over West Ham. I even won a 5p bet on the game! How could anyone not fall in love watching Neal, the Kennedy’s, Dalglish, Case, Johnston, McDermott, Souness, Hansen & Thompson to the back drop of the piss takers trying it on with “back to Raymond”
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #182: Sep 22, 2011 02:02:00 pm
      Yes I do, more than likely for quite some time longer than you as well. Not that it matters, I wouldnt go around saying you are not a fan if I (which I have) disagreed with you.

You tell me one thing that I have said that really warrants you saying I am not a fan. I'll have a reasoned backed up answer to anything you say as I am a fan, a lifelong one since the 70’s. A love that was cemented during the 1980 Charity Shield win over West Ham. I even won a 5p bet on the game! How could anyone not fall in love watching Neal, the Kennedy’s, Dalglish, Case, Johnston, McDermott, Souness, Hansen & Thompson to the back drop of the piss takers trying it on with “back to Raymond”

Well for a young lad from South America, hasn't done too bad in my eyes.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #183: Sep 22, 2011 02:40:41 pm

Well for a young lad from South America, hasn't done too bad in my eyes.

When people stop questioning my support for the club in a thread when all I have done is talk about the player, unless questioned then I will. Tell it the bloke that took it off topic, not me. I had every right to reply to that.

Quick Reply