Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Craig Bellamy(--> Cardiff)

Read 109817 times
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Craig Bellamy Player thread
      Reply #506: Jun 01, 2012 11:23:05 pm
      "To be signed, and play for Liverpool under Kenny Dalglish was probably the greatest honor I've had in football" - Bellamy

F***ing Boss.

Bellamy warns Rodgers of tough challenge ahead
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #507: Jun 02, 2012 12:03:52 am
      Epic.

Love Bellers.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #508: Jun 02, 2012 01:45:56 am
      Such a top bloke.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #509: Jun 02, 2012 01:56:25 am
      That's class from Bellers.
      Scottbot

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #510: Jun 02, 2012 10:01:29 am
      Classsssss act Bellers, top lad (in a dodgy trackie top!)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #511: Jun 02, 2012 10:17:07 am
      Top lad Craig Bellamy.
      He conducts himself as though he's played for LFC all his life, if only he had.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #512: Jun 02, 2012 12:48:11 pm
      Cracking intereview with Bellamy this.

Summary

- Talks about Kenny/Rodgers
      - States hes in the Olympic squad
      - Says Sterling is one of the best talents hes probably seen, but people shouldn't put too much pressure on him so soon.
      - Says Joe Allen is another special talent & that he would be surprised if he didnt end up at Liverpool in the near future.
      - Talks about Suarez
      - Says Melwood is abit quiet in comparison with other clubs & that him and Carra are the most vocal (Probably too vocal).
      - Says a few of the lads forget to enjoy themselves at Melwood and the pressures of the club sometimes get abit too much for them.
      - Says not just at Liverpool, but in the whole of football Enrique is the most vainest bloke hes ever come across.
      - Also says some really interesting stuff about Tevez at the end

Craig Bellamy Interview Part 2 (closed door session at St James Power Station - Singapore)
      « Last Edit: Jun 02, 2012 01:09:02 pm by Dannylfc »
      Bier
      Reply #513: Jun 04, 2012 07:19:17 pm
      part of the olympic team apparently?
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #514: Jun 04, 2012 08:36:20 pm
      part of the olympic team apparently?

Heard that myself too.

Without trying to offend any Welsh people but maybe he thinks that the Olympics are his only chance of winning some silverware at international level so said that he'd give it a go.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #515: Jun 04, 2012 08:58:33 pm
      He says in the video above that he is part of the Olympic squad (if you haven't seen it) and I can't see him saying that unless he was sure.
      Bier
      Reply #516: Jun 05, 2012 01:20:41 am
      My bad, was in a bit of a hurry so I just glanced over the posts quickly and didn't think it was posted. ;)

Still though, another player who won't have proper season preparations with us.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,890 posts | 815 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #517: Jun 05, 2012 03:43:49 pm
      Think next season i would like to see him on the bench more often and used as a sub player, would rather see a new winger start ahead of him to be honest, he doesn't seem capable of putting in great performances consecutively.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #518: Jun 07, 2012 12:50:52 am
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #519: Jun 08, 2012 11:59:44 pm
      Bellamy is just a pure animal.

I've got the new home shirt with Bellamy and i'll probably still have Bellamy on my back in twenty years time. Love the man, so misunderstood you wouldn't believe.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #520: Jun 10, 2012 02:40:55 pm
      Think he's a great player but I'd be looking to shift him on this summer, dodgy knee's, can't play every week, I'd be aiming for some one who's fit and available for selection every week if needed.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #521: Jun 10, 2012 03:10:47 pm
      Think he's a great player but I'd be looking to shift him on this summer, dodgy knee's, can't play every week, I'd be aiming for some one who's fit and available for selection every week if needed.

Don't agree mate. Plenty who need to go before Bellamy for me. Decent squad option for now.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #522: Jun 10, 2012 03:21:48 pm
      Don't agree mate. Plenty who need to go before Bellamy for me. Decent squad option for now.

I don't think he provides cover for any long term injuries mate as he can't play week in and week out, he's a top player, but look at Downing last season, we couldn't replace him for any period of time as Bellamy couldn't play every week and for what ever reasons Kenny didn't fancy Maxi that much.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      Reply #523: Jun 10, 2012 04:09:28 pm

We need players that are top class in the squad and Bellamy fits that bill. There are always going to be players that can't play every week, that's what a squad is all about.

Bellamy deserves to be here more than quite a few of our current squad, not only that but he is a great example to the youngsters here on what it means to be committed and what the shirt means too.

We all know what Shankly said about players running through brick walls and coming out fighting on the other side, well Bellamy is. He has dedicated the latter part of his career to prolonging it as much as he can. He has an altitude chamber in his house and he employs a personal chef as well as working with a sports psychologist too.

He doesn't have to, he's a multi millionaire. It would be so easy to just give up and call it a day but the words 'give up' don't exist in the Bellamy vocabulary and i don't think they ever will.

In a footballing world full of overpaid pussy faggots Craig Bellamy sticks out like a sore thumb, for all the right reasons. We need players like Bellamy, they inspire, they fight, they never back down, always by your side.

He may be known as 'The Nutter With The Putter' but i'd go to war with him every day of the week, he wouldn't even have to ask.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,890 posts | 815 
      Reply #524: Jun 10, 2012 04:23:48 pm
      Not sure Bellamy is a great role model on the pitch for the youngsters, he contests every decisions, looks to fight whenever there is a chance on the pitch, he seems to have too much of a hot temper.

I agree his football ability when on form is great however his temperament on the pitch at times is questionable.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      Reply #525: Jun 10, 2012 04:30:40 pm
      Not sure Bellamy is a great role model on the pitch for the youngsters, he contests every decisions, looks to fight whenever there is a chance on the pitch, he seems to have too much of a hot temper.

I agree his football ability when on form is great however his temperament on the pitch at times is questionable.

I'm not even going there. It's called passion.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,890 posts | 815 
      Reply #526: Jun 10, 2012 04:32:38 pm
      I'm not even going there. It's called passion.

I know your side of it mate, but Gerrard has passion for this club and for the game yet i don't see him squaring up to players all the time or running around bad mouthing the ref or other players constantly.

A bigger inspiration is one who can show passion in his footballing actions rather than his mouth and fists.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      Reply #527: Jun 10, 2012 06:13:42 pm
      I know your side of it mate, but Gerrard has passion for this club and for the game yet i don't see him squaring up to players all the time or running around bad mouthing the ref or other players constantly.

A bigger inspiration is one who can show passion in his footballing actions rather than his mouth and fists.

I think you misunderstand Craig Bellamy. Yes he's fiery but there's no malice in him at all. Unless you piss him or his mates off that is.

Just as you said footballing actions can inspire, so can actions of protecting your own, fighting for your team mates. When you're feeling lost then those with fight are the ones to lift men around them as well. 

You make him sound like he's some kind of cage fighter!.  :D
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,890 posts | 815 
      Reply #528: Jun 10, 2012 06:16:25 pm
      I think you misunderstand Craig Bellamy. Yes he's fiery but there's no malice in him at all. Unless you piss him or his mates off that is.

Just as you said footballing actions can inspire, so can actions of protecting your own, fighting for your team mates. When you're feeling lost then those with fight are the ones to lift men around them as well. 

You make him sound like he's some kind of cage fighter!.  :D

:D

Fair enough mate, i would prefer it though if he was less aggressive to others and more inspiring in his footballing actions, your opinion may differ, i am sure it does and there is no problem with that.

Quick Reply