Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Craig Bellamy(--> Cardiff)

Read 109519 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Craig Bellamy Player thread
      Reply #529: Jun 10, 2012 06:23:49 pm
      I know your side of it mate, but Gerrard has passion for this club and for the game yet i don't see him squaring up to players all the time or running around bad mouthing the ref or other players constantly.

A bigger inspiration is one who can show passion in his footballing actions rather than his mouth and fists.

Don't remember his early days then!!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #530: Jun 10, 2012 06:25:26 pm
      Don't remember his early days then!!

He was young, the more experience he gained the more his football did the talking.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #531: Jun 10, 2012 06:35:52 pm
      He was young, the more experience he gained the more his football did the talking.

He's from Huyton, look at the challenge in Norway, it's still there, just hidden well.

And we'll say nothing about the DJ as well!! ;)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #532: Jun 10, 2012 06:36:58 pm
      He's from Huyton, look at the challenge in Norway, it's still there, just hidden well.

And we'll say nothing about the DJ as well!! ;)

:D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #533: Jun 10, 2012 09:25:48 pm
      What was it Paisley said 'let your players legs go at another club'

That would go for a few members of our squad at the minute, Kuyt's already gone, Carra, Maxi and Bellamy could easily fall into that category too.

For me if it was a direct choice between Bellamy and say Adam Johnson coming in, then sorry Bellars, I'd have to take Johnson, he can play every week and has a good 9-10 years ahead of him.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #534: Jun 12, 2012 11:59:46 am
      What was it Paisley said 'let your players legs go at another club'

That would go for a few members of our squad at the minute, Kuyt's already gone, Carra, Maxi and Bellamy could easily fall into that category too.

For me if it was a direct choice between Bellamy and say Adam Johnson coming in, then sorry Bellars, I'd have to take Johnson, he can play every week and has a good 9-10 years ahead of him.

That's an unfair comparison Blood and you know it. That's like saying you like Maxi but if we had Messi coming in you'd let Maxi go. Totally pointless.

Bellamy has another Season in him and i want him to finish it here. He's a brilliant character to have around and he's still got  the fire and passion. I doubt we'll be buying a lot of players in the Summer and i see a place still for Bellamy in this Squad.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #535: Jun 12, 2012 12:20:02 pm
      That's an unfair comparison Blood and you know it.

Not really mate, they both play in similar positions and would be I'd imagine on similar wages, so if Bellamy's wages could free up a space for player that plays in the same position and could play 50+ games a season mate, no time for sentiment I'd let Bellamy go as that could be the difference between getting some on like Johnson or missing out on him.

I can't see us shifting younger players on, as we've already seen Aurelio go and Kuyt go, I'd envisage some of the older players being moved on and replaced with younger players that can challenge for a starting XI berth week in and out.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #536: Jun 12, 2012 02:58:01 pm

Not really mate, they both play in similar positions and would be I'd imagine on similar wages, so if Bellamy's wages could free up a space for player that plays in the same position and could play 50+ games a season mate, no time for sentiment I'd let Bellamy go as that could be the difference between getting some on like Johnson or missing out on him.

I can't see us shifting younger players on, as we've already seen Aurelio go and Kuyt go, I'd envisage some of the older players being moved on and replaced with younger players that can challenge for a starting XI berth week in and out.

I understand your point Blood, but what about striker options then? We're already down Kuyt who could rotate in, selling Bellers who could rotate in would leave us with only Carroll, Suarez, and Pacheco - if Rodgers keeps him (personally hope he does and gives him a legit chance).  We have to buy a striker as is, so that's really only Carroll, Suarez, new striker, and maybe Pacheco. Is that enough with four competitions this season?
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #537: Jun 13, 2012 07:24:09 am
      I understand your point Blood, but what about striker options then? We're already down Kuyt who could rotate in, selling Bellers who could rotate in would leave us with only Carroll, Suarez, and Pacheco - if Rodgers keeps him (personally hope he does and gives him a legit chance).  We have to buy a striker as is, so that's really only Carroll, Suarez, new striker, and maybe Pacheco. Is that enough with four competitions this season?

I personally don't think football is the most strenuous of games and as such rotation in the modern era is a bit overdone. I'd expect Carroll and Suarez, both being young, fit athletes, to play basically every minute of every match except for injury. As such 4 strikers should suffice. However, I wouldn't be sending Bellamy off anywhere, he's a class act and one of the players who I think could teach a lot to the younger members of our squad as well as being a useful option.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #538: Jun 13, 2012 09:30:04 am

Exactly mate. Bellamy can play on the flanks and up top if required to do so. The way some people are going on here is as if we're signing 5-6 top quality players this Summer. That isn't going to happen.

It's got F**k all to do with sentiment and everything to do with keeping a versatile squad player who is faster than a lot of players ten years younger than him. I love the old sentiment line, are you saying that i'd overlook Bellamy's knee problems just to justify him staying here?.

Do you really think we're going to sign that many players in the Summer?. I'll hazard a guess at 2, maybe 3 top quality players. Even if we do sign a top quality winger or wingers there is still room for Bellamy as an option on the flank and up top.

For the record, i love Craig Bellamy, he's an excellent player with plenty of attributes. He's more than just a footballer, he's a catalyst, a leader, a firebrand, a motivator, a good influence, a model professional and a shining example to young players, especially those at Melwood.

Whether Rodgers sees a place for him in the Squad next Season i don't know, but you'll struggle to find a better Squad option than Bellamy. That's not sentiment, that's based on a player who has pushed himself through the pain barrier throughout his career and you'll never see him moan about it like some of the faggots playing in this League.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #539: Jun 13, 2012 09:46:15 am
      I didn't want Bellamy to come back when we signed him, now I don't want him to go. I think he has done an excellent job since his return, has shown all the qualities that we expect from a Liverpool player, and unless we sign better (which there are) I think he can still do a good job for us.

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #540: Jun 13, 2012 09:49:55 am
      I think regardless of whether you consider Bellamy to be a top player or simply a squad player, there's little point letting him go. I've no idea what wages he's on but we wouldn't get a great deal from selling him so he may as well stay. His pace, workrate and ability to trap any ball fired at him will surely be of benefit.

Personally, I'd love him to stay and play on.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #541: Jun 13, 2012 10:14:32 am
      I didn't want Bellamy to come back when we signed him, now I don't want him to go. I think he has done an excellent job since his return, has shown all the qualities that we expect from a Liverpool player, and unless we sign better (which there are) I think he can still do a good job for us.

I'm not doubting there are better players out there mate, i'm just saying that we won't be investing heavily this Summer.

If we were to invest so heavily that we ended up having to let Bellamy go as we had better options from that investment then i'd accept him leaving. I can't see that happening though.

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #542: Jun 13, 2012 10:16:10 am
      I think regardless of whether you consider Bellamy to be a top player or simply a squad player, there's little point letting him go. I've no idea what wages he's on but we wouldn't get a great deal from selling him so he may as well stay. His pace, workrate and ability to trap any ball fired at him will surely be of benefit.

Personally, I'd love him to stay and play on.

Exactly Rep. How many players could you say that about last Season?. Not many i know.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #543: Jun 13, 2012 11:37:58 am
      I'm just not adverse to him going to be honest.

Say we have Carroll and Suarez as our strike force and one suffers a Lucas type Injury, is Bellamy going to be able to cover every game for 6 months as third choice striker ?

No.

Say Downing gets a Lucas type injury is he going to be able to cover that position every game for 6 months ?

Again its a resounding No.

These squad players that can not play every game if the time came where it looked like we would have to call on them, can make or break a season.

Wasn't having a go at you about sentiment Hardcore mate, just stating its no time for sentiment, we're falling further behind the pack every year at the minute and sentiment towards players is maybe helping us along with that.

Carragher as an example was played in games last season to get him up to his magic number of appearances, when his form suggested he should have been no where near the starting XI, some of Carraghers errors in those games cost us points.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #544: Jun 13, 2012 08:12:58 pm

For the record, i love Craig Bellamy, he's an excellent player with plenty of attributes. He's more than just a footballer, he's a catalyst, a leader, a firebrand, a motivator, a good influence, a model professional and a shining example to young players, especially those at Melwood.

Whether Rodgers sees a place for him in the Squad next Season i don't know, but you'll struggle to find a better Squad option than Bellamy. That's not sentiment, that's based on a player who has pushed himself through the pain barrier throughout his career and you'll never see him moan about it like some of the faggots playing in this League.

This all day long.

Craig Bellamy would run through a brick wall for LFC, there aren't many that would do that.

He was only second to Martin Skrtel as my player of the season last season and I can't give him higher praise than that.

Need a blend of experience and youth in the team, he could give somebody like Sterling plenty of valuable support.

I was thrilled when he came back as I never wanted him to leave in the first place, a cross between Graeme Souness and Tommy Smith  ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #545: Jun 13, 2012 11:10:05 pm
      Whilst there is no time for sentiment in football, to be ruthless for the sake of it is also as damaging.

Bellamy retains his place in the squad on ability and importance as far as I'm concerned.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #546: Jun 13, 2012 11:34:30 pm
      Impact sub is his position not a regular starter or replacement for injuries. He can do a small job filling in if needed but when I see our bench and it has Bellamy on it I believe we have a decent option for changing the game so being ruthless makes no sense when it comes to Bellers.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #547: Jun 14, 2012 01:37:06 pm

Say Downing gets a Lucas type injury is he going to be able to cover that position every game for 6 months ?

Again its a resounding No.

And that`s why there are the likes of Sterling...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #548: Jun 14, 2012 07:33:10 pm

I like him as a player, but that's going too far (bold bit)
      A motivator for pissing off refs maybe, because he never stops F***ing moaning.
      A good influence? try telling Riise that, or any of the others he's had a barney with.
      A model professional doesn't get into fights on the pitch, attack team mates with a golf club or hit fans.
      If we want our young players to be belligerent cu*ts who fly off the handle at the slightest provocation, then he's that alright.

That said, I'd rather have him than not.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #549: Jun 15, 2012 10:57:02 am
      I like him as a player, but that's going too far (bold bit)
      A motivator for pissing off refs maybe, because he never stops f**king moaning.
      A good influence? try telling Riise that, or any of the others he's had a barney with.
      A model professional doesn't get into fights on the pitch, attack team mates with a golf club or hit fans.
      If we want our young players to be belligerent cu*ts who fly off the handle at the slightest provocation, then he's that alright.

That said, I'd rather have him than not.

Interesting when you put it like that.

Yes you're right, he doesn't stop moaning, because he cares and is so passionate about the game, he is a winner. I'd rather see him going mental than showing no emotion at all. He is a leader of men and his desire and passion is motivational, as is his professionalism.

Let's not hang the Riiise incident over him like a noose please. They were on a night out and having a laugh, Riise is known to be a bit of a boring lad and Bellamy tried bringing him out of his shell. Riise didn't like it and lashed out at Bellamy. Bellamy didn't like the way he reacted and went to have words with him to sort it out.

Haven't you ever come to blows or nearly come to blows with your mates or team mates?, it happens all the time in all sports and all walks of life.

Of all the qualities i have mentioned about Bellamy his commitment and fight breed them all in some form. It's easy to focus on the negative side of his traits but there are also positive sides to those traits.

He's a warrior and a fighter, he'll have your back and never run out on you.

Just a quick question for you, if someone started chopsing at you in the street would you back down or fight back?. You can't hold it against Craig for defending himself and those around him. 

Yes he can be slightly volatile at times but that's what makes him the player he is.

Like what Keane did to Haaland. It depends on whether you think he was right to do what he did?. I think he was right. Some people will think it was wrong. That tells you how much fire a player has inside him.

Oh and that fan he hit, it was a Scum fan and the only problem i saw with that was that Bellamy didn't hit him hard enough.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #550: Jun 15, 2012 10:59:54 am
      ^^^ Great post Hardcore, spot on. + for you  :gt-happyup:
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #551: Jun 15, 2012 11:47:06 am
      Interesting when you put it like that.

Yes you're right, he doesn't stop moaning, because he cares and is so passionate about the game, he is a winner. I'd rather see him going mental than showing no emotion at all. He is a leader of men and his desire and passion is motivational, as is his professionalism.

Let's not hang the Riiise incident over him like a noose please. They were on a night out and having a laugh, Riise is known to be a bit of a boring lad and Bellamy tried bringing him out of his shell. Riise didn't like it and lashed out at Bellamy. Bellamy didn't like the way he reacted and went to have words with him to sort it out.

Haven't you ever come to blows or nearly come to blows with your mates or team mates?, it happens all the time in all sports and all walks of life.

Of all the qualities i have mentioned about Bellamy his commitment and fight breed them all in some form. It's easy to focus on the negative side of his traits but there are also positive sides to those traits.

He's a warrior and a fighter, he'll have your back and never run out on you.

Just a quick question for you, if someone started chopsing at you in the street would you back down or fight back?. You can't hold it against Craig for defending himself and those around him. 

Yes he can be slightly volatile at times but that's what makes him the player he is.

Like what Keane did to Haaland. It depends on whether you think he was right to do what he did?. I think he was right. Some people will think it was wrong. That tells you how much fire a player has inside him.

Oh and that fan he hit, it was a Scum fan and the only problem i saw with that was that Bellamy didn't hit him hard enough.

F***ing boss post this! Especially love the last sentence. :D

On Bellers, he is the kind of player every club needs. He may moan but he does so with the right intentions and usually knows when to stop, unlike some (Barton etc). I have a lot of time for the guy. Great footballer who always gives his all. It's a shame it didn't work out first time round at Anfield as he was at a good age and could have become a real hero at the club.

What I will say, however, he is at an age and the situation with injuries, where the team can not rely on him quite as much as we did at times last season. Keep him around as he will always add something. However, we need a quality addition, with similar attributes, who is of a good age and fitness level. One thing I will say is, you would be hard pushed finding a player with his drive and desire to achieve.

Quick Reply