Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Craig Bellamy(--> Cardiff)

Read 109487 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Craig Bellamy Player thread
      Reply #552: Jun 15, 2012 12:15:02 pm
      Interesting when you put it like that.

A motivator for pissing off refs maybe, because he never stops f**king moaning.

Yes you're right, he doesn't stop moaning, because he cares and is so passionate about the game, he is a winner. I'd rather see him going mental than showing no emotion at all. He is a leader of men and his desire and passion is motivational, as is his professionalism.

A good influence? try telling Riise that, or any of the others he's had a barney with.

Let's not hang the Riiise incident over him like a noose please. They were on a night out and having a laugh, Riise is known to be a bit of a boring lad and Bellamy tried bringing him out of his shell. Riise didn't like it and lashed out at Bellamy. Bellamy didn't like the way he reacted and went to have words with him to sort it out.

Haven't you ever come to blows or nearly come to blows with your mates or team mates?, it happens all the time in all sports and all walks of life.

Of all the qualities i have mentioned about Bellamy his commitment and fight breed them all in some form. It's easy to focus on the negative side of his traits but there are also positive sides to those traits.

He's a warrior and a fighter, he'll have your back and never run out on you.

Just a quick question for you, if someone started chopsing at you in the street would you back down or fight back?. You can't hold it against Craig for defending himself and those around him. 

Yes he can be slightly volatile at times but that's what makes him the player he is.

Like what Keane did to Haaland. It depends on whether you think he was right to do what he did?. I think he was right. Some people will think it was wrong. That tells you how much fire a player has inside him.

Oh and that fan he hit, it was a Scum fan and the only problem i saw with that was that Bellamy didn't hit him hard enough.

Nice to see you have omitted two of my points, but never mind.

I didn't suggest I don't like him as a player, but trying to paint him as akin to a misunderstood angel does none of us any favours.

Fighting on the pitch with his own team mates, not to mention the opposition is in no way professional.
      If someone was gobbing at me in the street, I'd ignore them, unless they wanted to get physical in which case I'd have to defend myself.
      Using Keane as an example is also way off the mark. I have the utmost respect for Keane as an Irish player, but as a human being he is little short of scum who would probably have spent time inside if he had not been a good footballer.

And no, I have never come to blows with someone over work. That is simply unprofessional no matter what the provocation.

He has plenty of good points, but he also has plenty of bad points that I am not willing to gloss over.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #553: Jun 15, 2012 01:02:21 pm
      Nice to see you have omitted two of my points, but never mind.

I didn't suggest I don't like him as a player, but trying to paint him as akin to a misunderstood angel does none of us any favours.

Fighting on the pitch with his own team mates, not to mention the opposition is in no way professional.
      If someone was gobbing at me in the street, I'd ignore them, unless they wanted to get physical in which case I'd have to defend myself.
      Using Keane as an example is also way off the mark. I have the utmost respect for Keane as an Irish player, but as a human being he is little short of scum who would probably have spent time inside if he had not been a good footballer.

And no, I have never come to blows with someone over work. That is simply unprofessional no matter what the provocation.

He has plenty of good points, but he also has plenty of bad points that I am not willing to gloss over.

Exactly why I didn't want him back mate, I thought Kenny had more than enough on his plate without having to deal with Bellamy. In all honesty I have been delighted with Craig's attitude since he came back. Maybe it was because of the high regard Craig held Kenny in, but he has been a model player since he came back, without losing the fire and commitment which made him the player he is.

Praise where it is due, he has been one of our best players, has always given 100% since his return and as far as I am aware hasn't caused any problems. Better the devil you know :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #554: Jun 15, 2012 08:05:29 pm
      And that`s why there are the likes of Sterling...

I wouldn't be too sure of chucking Sterling in for a 6 month injury lay off either, he's still relatively unproven at the highest level.

Look at Flanagan's alarming dip in form and confidence last season after just 1 poor game.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #555: Jun 15, 2012 11:56:31 pm
      I hated the first time he left us, hope it doesn't happen again. Love having Craig in the squad. He has pace, knows how to stick the ball in the back of the net, knows how to take a free kick and has that bit of agro and arrogance that every team needs a couple of players in their side to have.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #556: Jun 16, 2012 07:11:00 pm
      Exactly why I didn't want him back mate, I thought Kenny had more than enough on his plate without having to deal with Bellamy. In all honesty I have been delighted with Craig's attitude since he came back. Maybe it was because of the high regard Craig held Kenny in, but he has been a model player since he came back, without losing the fire and commitment which made him the player he is.

Praise where it is due, he has been one of our best players, has always given 100% since his return and as far as I am aware hasn't caused any problems. Better the devil you know :)

He had a good season alright, and I'd rather have him inside pissing out, than outside pissing in, but an angel he isn't.
      Weren't there rumours of a bust up with KK last season when he didn't play a number of games?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #557: Jun 24, 2012 01:36:31 pm
      Apparently Cardiff may be putting a bid in for him...

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #558: Jun 24, 2012 02:08:15 pm

Disagree massively here, why is Keane scum, because he voiced his quite right by the way opinions on the Irish team. I wouldn't call him scum, I call him a winner, isame as Souness, Gerrard, Bellamy etc they want to win. Bellamy proved it back in january, wouldn't lie down and if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have had a boss day out at Wembley back in February.

Weren't there rumours of a bust up with KK last season when he didn't play a number of games?

And that's all they were, Bellamy has the utmost respect for Kenny, you only have to look at some of the smiles between the two when Bellamy was substituted last season, no moans, groans or nothing. And Bellamy is not normally like that when taken off early in a game.

Bellamy is F***ing boss and wish we had more players with the fight in them like he has.
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #559: Jun 24, 2012 06:18:42 pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #560: Jun 28, 2012 11:29:48 am
      Richard Buxton ‏@Richard_Buxton_
      #LFC striker Craig Bellamy has been called up to Team GB's Olympic football team. David Beckham left out (via @DickinsonTimes)
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #561: Jul 07, 2012 06:21:02 pm
      Rodgers rules out Bellamy exit

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has ruled out a move away from Anfield for Craig Bellamy, saying he wants to keep the forward at the club.

Bellamy's future at Liverpool has been the subject of speculation with former club Cardiff expressing an interest in re-signing the Welshman.

However, Rodgers has no plans to offload Bellamy after holding talks with the 32-year-old earlier this week

"I had a really positive chat with Craig on Monday," Rodgers said.

"It was good to meet him and get his side of the Liverpool story. He's a big supporter of this club - he loves the club.

"He's a good guy. He has a real passion for Liverpool Football Club and that's the type of people I want here.

"I like his intensity, his work-rate and his passion so I would love him to be here.

"He's a player. It would take a really special and unique opportunity for Craig to walk out of Liverpool and for us to go our separate ways.

"If anything changes on that from a personal perspective then him and I will talk about that."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7880535/
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 751 
      Reply #562: Jul 07, 2012 06:27:43 pm
      Good, think Bellamy is well worth holding onto for at least one more season, if only a back up player, so be it.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #563: Jul 07, 2012 08:24:39 pm
      Good, think Bellamy is well worth holding onto for at least one more season, if only a back up player, so be it.

I feel the same mate, think we would be a lot worse off 'squad wise' if we let him go.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #564: Jul 08, 2012 10:32:36 am
      The Liverpool Echo also carries the story that Brendan has made it clear he has no intention of selling Craig Bellany this summer.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #565: Jul 13, 2012 10:14:13 am
      Happy Birthday Craig, 33 today  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Please don't leave  :)
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #566: Jul 14, 2012 08:15:59 am
      Rumours are that he's already agreed a deal with Cardiff which will be finalised when he plays in the city on August 1st for GB.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #567: Aug 08, 2012 01:20:36 pm
       Text from me mate from Cardiff this am "Beller's coming home..good old Brenda"Would loved him to have stayed for one more season,but his passion is Cardiff.So good luck Craig lad in your twilight. :clap: :hug:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #568: Aug 10, 2012 01:43:37 pm
      Press conference at 2.00 Cardiff

Bellamy to sign.
      http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city/cardiff-city-fc/2012/08/10/91466-31595117/

Didn't want him back when he came, done so well I DON'T WANT HIM TO GO NOW!

All the best Craig, you did a great job for us in a very difficult season.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #569: Aug 10, 2012 01:47:33 pm
      Goodbye Bellars. You sure do get bored easily. Good luck at your next project.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #570: Aug 10, 2012 01:48:11 pm
      Thanks for last season Craig, you were boss at times!  Really sorry to see him go.

Best of luck with the rest of your career.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #571: Aug 10, 2012 01:52:38 pm
      Good bye, best of luck. YNWA.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #572: Aug 10, 2012 02:05:33 pm
      Sad to see him go, but I understand his decision to leave. Thanks Bellers!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #573: Aug 10, 2012 02:14:11 pm
      Thanks for everything Bellers especially when you carried the attack last season. But I hope we play Cardiff again in the cup and you lose!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #574: Aug 10, 2012 03:08:25 pm
      Cheers Bellers and good luck with Cardiff, sad to see you go.

YNWA

Quick Reply