Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Craig Bellamy(--> Cardiff)

Read 109527 times
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: Craig Bellamy(--> Cardiff)
      Reply #598: Aug 11, 2012 07:25:01 pm
      Probably, probably still paying his wages too....

He has been transferred not a loan deal.

Bellamy isn't Aquilani so expect Craig took a big wage cut to join Cardiff.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #599: Aug 11, 2012 08:10:55 pm
      Gutted to see Bellamy go and while i understand his reasons for going home i expected him to honour his contract. One thing Bellamy is noted for is his loyalty, he did it with Hughes at City and i'm guessing this has something to do with the treatment of Dalglish.

I'll find out the truth from mates and i'd bet my house on it that it has to do with the Dalglish scenario. I've been told already that Bellamy was deeply upset when Dalglish left.

It's quite ironic that as Warrior begin their partnership another true warrior departs the Club.

Love you Craig, i see a lot of me in you and maybe that's why i defend you so vehemently. Gutted to see you go but i'm guessing i know the real reason. Thanks for everything and bringing the fight back to our Club.  :f_wah:
      BigGreg
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #600: Aug 11, 2012 08:26:38 pm
      Sad to see him leave again. Was a fan of his, always thought he deserved more playing time then he got. Good luck to you Mr Bellamy
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #601: Aug 11, 2012 08:53:03 pm
      He has been transferred not a loan deal.

Bellamy isn't Aquilani so expect Craig took a big wage cut to join Cardiff.

'kin hell lid, it was sarcasm you prune because the reports initially were saying we might pay a contribution!
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #602: Aug 11, 2012 09:07:48 pm
      'kin hell lid, it was sarcasm you prune because the reports initially were saying we might pay a contribution!

I'm guess the sarcasm was hidden as two of us replied the same thing
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #603: Aug 11, 2012 09:33:09 pm
      I'm guess the sarcasm was hidden as two of us replied the same thing

Guilty as charged 7KK7, sorry mate, should have known you wouldn't have been taken in by the gossip.  My bad  :-[
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #604: Aug 11, 2012 09:49:24 pm
      As he said he played for the team he supported as a kid club, scored at the Kop end and netted for LFC in the Nou Camp. Good Luck Bellamy YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #605: Aug 11, 2012 10:02:59 pm
      Departing Craig Bellamy helped persuade Joe Allen to join Liverpool
      CRAIG BELLAMY completed his free transfer to Cardiff City – and then revealed one of his last acts as a Liverpool FC player had been helping to convince Joe Allen to move to Anfield.

The Welsh international forward signed a two-year contract with the npower Championship club, after informing Reds boss Brendan Rodgers of his desire to move back to South Wales for family reasons.

The switch brings to an end Bellamy’s second stint on Merseyside, in which he made 39 appearances, scoring nine times.

The 33-year-old was unveiled by Bluebirds boss Malky Mackay at a press conference on Friday afternoon.

Bellamy has spent the past few weeks on duty with Team GB at the Olympic Games, and admits he had spoken at length with Allen about the young midfielder’s move from Swansea to Liverpool.

“I spent the last three weeks hounding Joe Allen to go to Liverpool,” said Bellamy. “They have got an immense player.

“Joe, Brendan and Liverpool will all be great winners out of this. It has been a pleasure to spend the last few weeks with him.”

Bellamy is understood to have taken a substantial wage cut in order to force through the move.

He enjoyed a productive loan spell with the club during the 2010/11 season, scoring 11 times in 36 appearances, and he insists his decision to leave Liverpool was an emotional one.

“I was never interested in a move anywhere else,” he said. “The hardest thing for me was leaving Liverpool. I am a Liverpool fan and Kenny (Dalglish) was great for me.

“I am a huge fan of Brendan and I think Liverpool will do great under him. But even that couldn’t tempt me. It just wasn’t going to happen for me.

“The supporters at Liverpool have been immense and the way they have been with me about this has been amazing. But my mind was made up. I am doing it for the right reasons.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/08/11/departing-craig-bellamy-helped-persuade-joe-allen-to-join-liverpool-100252-31599422/

Bit of a class act is that Bellamy. Love him more now :)
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #606: Aug 12, 2012 07:45:32 am
      Bellamy for me, not just because of his Liverpool days, but has become a player that was once loathsome to someone that commands respect. His aggression used to lead him to make too many transgressions but he managed to largely nip that in the bud yet keep his passion. He certainly didn't used to be but managed to make himself a role-model. Turning youthful aggression into pure passion isn't all too common.

As such I wish he'd stayed but understand his motivation to play for Cardiff. On that note I wish him the best of luck and hope to see him at Anfield come the 2013/14 season (though hope he loses) and thank him for the memories and the application. Kind of wish he'd have had a long period with us, form when he initially signed to when he left now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #607: Aug 12, 2012 01:40:12 pm
      No golden golf club as a leaving prezzie then?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #608: Aug 14, 2012 08:25:34 am
       :roll:  :lmao:

Good Luck with your family and your new/old Club in Cardiff, Bellers. Always regarded you as quality player, loved seeing you tearing up the wings and loved your passion for the Club.

YNWA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #609: Aug 14, 2012 11:14:39 am
      “I spent the last three weeks hounding Joe Allen to go to Liverpool,” said Bellamy. “They have got an immense player.

Great respect for Bellamy.
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #610: Aug 14, 2012 02:12:34 pm
      No golden golf club as a leaving prezzie then?

Haha, he'd probably still moan  :)
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #611: Aug 14, 2012 02:13:48 pm

A nice leaving present!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #612: Aug 14, 2012 05:54:00 pm
      Haha, he'd probably still moan  :)

The one thing I'm actually going to miss about Bellamy is his moaning, I can't help but laugh watching him going apeshit over something.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #613: Aug 14, 2012 06:47:58 pm
      The one thing I'm actually going to miss about Bellamy is his moaning, I can't help but laugh watching him going apeshit over something.

Yep cant beat a bit of passion, loved it from him
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #614: Aug 15, 2012 01:39:29 am
      I said it before he left but I want to say it again. A massive thank you to Craig! You did a lot for this club and provided me with some great moments, not least that goal against Man City in the Carling Cup. But, it was your eagerness and passion to succeed at this club that impressed me most. It may not have worked the first time he was at the club under Rafa but he did not shriek at the chance of coming back and he was fantastic, not least for some of the laughs he provided when squaring up to players twice his size, or having a go at the referees. :D

Thanks Craig and best of luck.

YNWA
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #615: Sep 10, 2012 02:34:29 am
       "Losing my best mate destroyed my marriage": Craig Bellamy reveals how his life fell apart after Gary Speed's death
      Football star Craig Bellamy has tearfully revealed how his marriage is over, saying: “It’s the worst time in my life ever.”

Speaking to the Sunday Mirror, the former ­Manchester City and Liverpool striker tells how the death of close friend Gary Speed left him so heartbroken it destroyed his relationship with wife Claire.

The Cardiff City player has now moved out the ÂŁ2million home he shared with his childhood sweetheart and their three children, saying he no longer cares about football.

“I’ve been living on my own for eight weeks now,” he says. “There’s no one else involved. I wish there was. I wish I had someone and I wish she (Claire) had someone. That would make it easier.

“It’s hit me hard. It’s nothing to do with football and it’s nothing to do with me as a footballer. I couldn’t give a s*** about football.

“It’s about real people, human ­beings, kids and families. I can’t tell you how hard it is. It’s the worst time in my life ever.”

Speaking at the flat he has rented just outside the city, tears fill his eyes as he speaks about Speed, 42, who was found ­hanging in the garage of his home in Cheshire last November.

The father of two was Bellamy’s former boss and also used to play with him at ­Newcastle.

“Losing my best mate has affected everything,” Bellamy says. “I can’t believe how hard it is. It has had an effect on everything.

“He was the best mate I’ve ever had. It’s sad but unfortunately it got to my ­marriage. I’m here and she’s there.

“I don’t know if that’s it for us. All I know is that my best mate has gone. I’m ­struggling. I can’t lie.”

His comments come only weeks after he starred at the Olympics as captain of Team GB. He bravely put aside his ­personal ­heartache as he led the team as far as the ­quarter finals.

Bellamy, 33, known as the bad boy of ­football, first started going out with Claire, also 33, when they were schoolchildren and they married in 2006.

He has often spoken of how important his wife and three children are to him.

“I surround myself with family,” he said last August. “I have got the most ­incredible wife in the world and ­unbelievable kids.”

And in an interview last year he spoke revealingly about how he often suffered from homesickness while away playing for his team.

“I spent nights crying myself to sleep,” he said. “I look at ­everything I have. I look at my children and everything I have is due to that. Now even if I spend Friday night away in a hotel, just one night, I can’t wait to get home.

“Before I would spend all my hours at training, come home, sleep, eat, watch ­football, sleep and go back to training the next day. Now I do the school run, train, pick up my daughter. I am ­living in the real world. I am a father now. That has given me more satisfaction than ­football.”

But all that fell apart when his ­relationship with Claire broke down. He left the family home in a village just outside Cardiff after the couple had an emotional heart-to-heart.

A friend said: “Claire asked Craig to leave and he agreed. He’s really close to his kids, so to leave them and be on his own is a big deal. It all happened so ­suddenly.

“A businessman friend of his lives in a beautiful converted pub which he has agreed to rent to Craig. He told him he was in a desperate hurry and that he would have to leave all his furniture there for him.

“Everyone is hoping it isn’t the end for him and Claire but it doesn’t look good.”

On Friday morning he drove his car out of the property’s ­underground car park and spent three hours at ­Cardiff City’s training ground.

He spent last week looking for a more ­permanent new home. On Thursday, he was spotted at a ­Cardiff ­lettings agency just an hour before being seen carrying bags into a new apartment.

Meanwhile, earlier this week he was forced to deny online claims that he had retired “with ­immediate ­effect”.

He issued a statement saying he was “fully ­committed” to playing football and that he hoped to be fit for a match next Saturday.

Cardiff City boss ­Malky Mackay, forced to ­respond to rumours on Twitter that Bellamy was about to quit the game for ­“undisclosed ­reasons”, told reporters: “There are plenty of ­rumours going about, but I’ve told you, he’s torn his calf.”

Bellamy is one of ­football’s most ­controversial figures. In January 2005 he repeatedly clashed with former ­Newcastle boss Graeme Souness over his insistence on playing Bellamy in midfield.

In March 2007, an allegedly drunk Bellamy confronted teammate John Arne Riise armed with a golf club. Then, after netting in his next game, Bellamy celebrated with a golf swing in a mocking reference to the infamous night out.

Two years later, during a game for Manchester City against arch-rivals United, he slapped a pitch invader as stewards attempted to remove the man.

In March 2010, after scoring twice against Chelsea, Bellamy launched a scathing attack on Blues’ captain John Terry over his affair with the partner of teammate Wayne Bridge.

He said: “I know what JT is like. ­Nothing surprises me about that guy.”

And last January he was charged with common ­assault after inflicting ­facial injuries on two men during a night out in Cardiff. He was later released with a caution.

All this came after he ­insisted in 2006, after marrying Claire and signing for his boyhood idols Liverpool in a £6million deal, that maturity and marriage had made him a changed man.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/craig-bellamy-says-gary-speeds-1314258

Sad to hear this. Hope everything works out for Bellers.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #616: Sep 10, 2012 07:41:42 am
      how awful.

I feel like a proper bellend, I was in the transfer forum over the summer saying we shouldn't let him go, we needed him, we would be stuck with Downing and Carroll in attack... I had no idea this was the reason he wanted so much to go back home.

That interview is gut wrenching.  I hope his wife doesn't get angry that he's talking about their personal lives so openly like that.

I feel horrible for the lad.  Really hope this story doesn't get worse.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #617: Sep 10, 2012 08:00:27 am
      I had no idea this was the reason he wanted so much to go back home.

That interview is gut wrenching.

Yeah mate; no one knows what goes on behind closed doors and away from the workplace (football pitch). That's why I always try (and most times succeed) to respect those I know and those I think I know... and we all think we 'know' our players.

Sad news indeed but maybe Craig will get proper counseling and, through time, it will lead to a reconciliation with Mrs. Bellamy.

YNWA Craig.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #618: Sep 10, 2012 08:20:36 am
      This sort of dispells Shankly's theory that footballs more important than life or death but we knew how Bill meant.
      Craig as my full respect as both a human being and footballer, hope he gets through this and his family don't suffer too much distress.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #619: Sep 10, 2012 09:42:22 am
      This sort of dispells Shankly's theory that footballs more important than life or death but we knew how Bill meant.
      Craig as my full respect as both a human being and footballer, hope he gets through this and his family don't suffer too much distress.

Shankly was Liverpool Football Club.  He, along with Paisley and Kenny, are the Holy Trinity of our Club, in my opinion.

But it doesn't mean Shankly was right about everything.  I have never felt comfortable with that comment, about football being more important than life and death.  It's very powerful and sounds great but it just doesn't hold up.  In this case, Bellamy's best friend killed himself, we still don't know why, and it has slowly eroded the lives of many people around him.  It's ruined Craig to the point where his marriage is in jeopardy.  And far from using football as an escape, he seems not to even care anymore about it.  Football is something that can bring people together, a hugely powerful force.  But it is not bigger than life or death.  Try convincing Craig of that right now.  His friend, his wife, and his family are more important than football could ever be.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #620: Sep 10, 2012 04:59:57 pm
       "Losing my best mate destroyed my marriage": Craig Bellamy reveals how his life fell apart after Gary Speed's death
      Football star Craig Bellamy has tearfully revealed how his marriage is over, saying: “It’s the worst time in my life ever.”

Speaking to the Sunday Mirror, the former ­Manchester City and Liverpool striker tells how the death of close friend Gary Speed left him so heartbroken it destroyed his relationship with wife Claire.

The Cardiff City player has now moved out the ÂŁ2million home he shared with his childhood sweetheart and their three children, saying he no longer cares about football.

“I’ve been living on my own for eight weeks now,” he says. “There’s no one else involved. I wish there was. I wish I had someone and I wish she (Claire) had someone. That would make it easier.

“It’s hit me hard. It’s nothing to do with football and it’s nothing to do with me as a footballer. I couldn’t give a s*** about football.

“It’s about real people, human ­beings, kids and families. I can’t tell you how hard it is. It’s the worst time in my life ever.”

Speaking at the flat he has rented just outside the city, tears fill his eyes as he speaks about Speed, 42, who was found ­hanging in the garage of his home in Cheshire last November.

The father of two was Bellamy’s former boss and also used to play with him at ­Newcastle.

“Losing my best mate has affected everything,” Bellamy says. “I can’t believe how hard it is. It has had an effect on everything.

“He was the best mate I’ve ever had. It’s sad but unfortunately it got to my ­marriage. I’m here and she’s there.

“I don’t know if that’s it for us. All I know is that my best mate has gone. I’m ­struggling. I can’t lie.”

His comments come only weeks after he starred at the Olympics as captain of Team GB. He bravely put aside his ­personal ­heartache as he led the team as far as the ­quarter finals.

Bellamy, 33, known as the bad boy of ­football, first started going out with Claire, also 33, when they were schoolchildren and they married in 2006.

He has often spoken of how important his wife and three children are to him.

“I surround myself with family,” he said last August. “I have got the most ­incredible wife in the world and ­unbelievable kids.”

And in an interview last year he spoke revealingly about how he often suffered from homesickness while away playing for his team.

“I spent nights crying myself to sleep,” he said. “I look at ­everything I have. I look at my children and everything I have is due to that. Now even if I spend Friday night away in a hotel, just one night, I can’t wait to get home.

“Before I would spend all my hours at training, come home, sleep, eat, watch ­football, sleep and go back to training the next day. Now I do the school run, train, pick up my daughter. I am ­living in the real world. I am a father now. That has given me more satisfaction than ­football.”

But all that fell apart when his ­relationship with Claire broke down. He left the family home in a village just outside Cardiff after the couple had an emotional heart-to-heart.

A friend said: “Claire asked Craig to leave and he agreed. He’s really close to his kids, so to leave them and be on his own is a big deal. It all happened so ­suddenly.

“A businessman friend of his lives in a beautiful converted pub which he has agreed to rent to Craig. He told him he was in a desperate hurry and that he would have to leave all his furniture there for him.

“Everyone is hoping it isn’t the end for him and Claire but it doesn’t look good.”

On Friday morning he drove his car out of the property’s ­underground car park and spent three hours at ­Cardiff City’s training ground.

He spent last week looking for a more ­permanent new home. On Thursday, he was spotted at a ­Cardiff ­lettings agency just an hour before being seen carrying bags into a new apartment.

Meanwhile, earlier this week he was forced to deny online claims that he had retired “with ­immediate ­effect”.

He issued a statement saying he was “fully ­committed” to playing football and that he hoped to be fit for a match next Saturday.

Cardiff City boss ­Malky Mackay, forced to ­respond to rumours on Twitter that Bellamy was about to quit the game for ­“undisclosed ­reasons”, told reporters: “There are plenty of ­rumours going about, but I’ve told you, he’s torn his calf.”

Bellamy is one of ­football’s most ­controversial figures. In January 2005 he repeatedly clashed with former ­Newcastle boss Graeme Souness over his insistence on playing Bellamy in midfield.

In March 2007, an allegedly drunk Bellamy confronted teammate John Arne Riise armed with a golf club. Then, after netting in his next game, Bellamy celebrated with a golf swing in a mocking reference to the infamous night out.

Two years later, during a game for Manchester City against arch-rivals United, he slapped a pitch invader as stewards attempted to remove the man.

In March 2010, after scoring twice against Chelsea, Bellamy launched a scathing attack on Blues’ captain John Terry over his affair with the partner of teammate Wayne Bridge.

He said: “I know what JT is like. ­Nothing surprises me about that guy.”

And last January he was charged with common ­assault after inflicting ­facial injuries on two men during a night out in Cardiff. He was later released with a caution.

All this came after he ­insisted in 2006, after marrying Claire and signing for his boyhood idols Liverpool in a £6million deal, that maturity and marriage had made him a changed man.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/craig-bellamy-says-gary-speeds-1314258

Sad to hear this. Hope everything works out for Bellers.

Jesus Christ that is horrible.

I genuinely wish Craig all the best and hope he comes through all of this.

YNWA Craig

Ps. Whoever wrote that article, what the F**k does the last part have anything to do with? The mans life is falling apart around him and all they can do is harp on about his past controversies because they're a sh*t journalist and can't fill their column?

Quick Reply