Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Summer Transfer Window 2011 - how was it for you?

Read 14638 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Summer Transfer Window 2011 - how was it for you?
      Reply #23: Sep 01, 2011 12:19:20 am
      Delighted, now onto the football.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #24: Sep 01, 2011 12:22:47 am
      Absolutely F***ing buzzing.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #25: Sep 01, 2011 12:23:37 am
      We've spent 2.7 m. Or about 23m less than Joke, sorry SToke City.
      Maybe I'll leave the champagne in the fridge tonight...

Why....?  It is not a competition to see who spends the most, it is about who gets the best players to win the most games...

£23m on Crouch, Palacios and Jerome...? :lmao:
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #26: Sep 01, 2011 12:24:45 am
      We've spent 2.7 m. Or about 23m less than Joke, sorry SToke City.
      Maybe I'll leave the champagne in the fridge tonight...

Your right.

Shambolic transfer window.

YANKS OUT.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #27: Sep 01, 2011 12:27:32 am
      Im a happy man, calmed down after the Raul sh*te and realize it made sense to sell.

All deadwood gone, unreal job by the club.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #28: Sep 01, 2011 12:27:36 am
      F***ing delighted with the window.

Addressed our problem areas - the wings, left back, back up center forward and strength in depth for the spine of the side. Then once we got the players we needed, we fu**ed off who we didn't. Rather than the other way round which can leave us short if certain targets aren't completed.

People can talk about the money we paid, well for some of the players we've been paid far more than we should of - though obviously on lesser scales. A million quid for Mavinga based on one good loan spell in Belgium and whose never kicked a ball for  us. 4 million for Ngog who lets be honest was F***ing sh*t. Over a million from a Championship club for Konchesky after his season. Anything for Poulsen. 13 million for Meireles, which is a pretty decent deal in my eyes.

This is now a squad of players that Kenny wants and who want to be here. No F***ing egos thinking they're too good for the club, no money grabbing cu*ts demanding wage increases (saw a couple of them over the last few years) and no F***ing sh*t bags not prepared to put the effort in. We've got a group of lads who look like they enjoy playing with one another.

Getting our priority signings in as early as we did was the best thing about this window. If we'd got Downing, Enrique and Henderson today - we wouldn't be unbeaten. We'd of had a dreadful start. But we got them in before the season started and bang, great start.

We knew what players we could cope without for a few weeks - center half and center forward - and got them when we could in Coates and Bellamy. Sold or loaned pretty much anybody who had no future at the club. Kenny knew as soon as he took over who was in his plans and who wasn't from the squad he inherited. And I don't think Meireles ever really featured in Kenny's long term plans which is why he was shifted to the wings to accommodate the ever impressive Spearing.

One other thing I'm chuffed with about this window is the youngsters who haven't gone on loan. The fact that Jay, Martin Kelly, John Flanagan, Jack Robinson, Conor Coady, Adam Morgan, Andre Wisdom, Raheem Sterling and the like haven't gone on loan suggests that Kenny has plans for them, even if it's just the odd game or that they're gonna learn more being here than playing Bournemouth, Port Vale or Crawley.

Well done to all involved this summer. Really has been an impressive one for Liverpool Football Club. Probably came out of it the best. We got rid of our wantaway players. Other clubs haven't. They've still got unhappy players on their books and will have for at least a few months. That's gonna give us the edge.

Delighted!!!!!!!!!
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #29: Sep 01, 2011 12:32:21 am
      we cleared the wage bill dramatically, and build a strong enough squad to gain our spot back in the CL.......couldnt ask to do more really, even if we have unlimited funds....
      SuperShanks
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #30: Sep 01, 2011 12:33:18 am
      Why....?  It is not a competition to see who spends the most, it is about who gets the best players to win the most games...

£23m on Crouch, Palacios and Jerome...? :lmao:

On the plus side, Kenny is infinitely better than that fucknut Hodgson. And from a value/balance pt of view, he has bought well. ( Tho I think most of us reserve judgement on Carroll so far).

Negative, just imagine if u were told we'd net spend 2.7m on a team that was "in a relegation struggle"(quote Hodgson)last yr. Would u be pleased? Livid?

You're right. Its a competion to get the best players. .. who will then win the most games.
      I dont wanna sound negative but this looks as much "sell to buy" as its ever been..

Realistically its us vs Ars+Spurs for 4th.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31: Sep 01, 2011 12:33:32 am
      F***ing delighted with the window.

Addressed our problem areas - the wings, left back, back up center forward and strength in depth for the spine of the side. Then once we got the players we needed, we fu**ed off who we didn't. Rather than the other way round which can leave us short if certain targets aren't completed.

People can talk about the money we paid, well for some of the players we've been paid far more than we should of - though obviously on lesser scales. A million quid for Mavinga based on one good loan spell in Belgium and whose never kicked a ball for  us. 4 million for Ngog who lets be honest was f**king sh*t. Over a million from a Championship club for Konchesky after his season. Anything for Poulsen. 13 million for Meireles, which is a pretty decent deal in my eyes.

This is now a squad of players that Kenny wants and who want to be here. No f**king egos thinking they're too good for the club, no money grabbing cu*ts demanding wage increases (saw a couple of them over the last few years) and no f**king sh*t bags not prepared to put the effort in. We've got a group of lads who look like they enjoy playing with one another.

Getting our priority signings in as early as we did was the best thing about this window. If we'd got Downing, Enrique and Henderson today - we wouldn't be unbeaten. We'd of had a dreadful start. But we got them in before the season started and bang, great start.

We knew what players we could cope without for a few weeks - center half and center forward - and got them when we could in Coates and Bellamy. Sold or loaned pretty much anybody who had no future at the club. Kenny knew as soon as he took over who was in his plans and who wasn't from the squad he inherited. And I don't think Meireles ever really featured in Kenny's long term plans which is why he was shifted to the wings to accommodate the ever impressive Spearing.

One other thing I'm chuffed with about this window is the youngsters who haven't gone on loan. The fact that Jay, Martin Kelly, John Flanagan, Jack Robinson, Conor Coady, Adam Morgan, Andre Wisdom, Raheem Sterling and the like haven't gone on loan suggests that Kenny has plans for them, even if it's just the odd game or that they're gonna learn more being here than playing Bournemouth, Port Vale or Crawley.

Well done to all involved this summer. Really has been an impressive one for Liverpool Football Club. Probably came out of it the best. We got rid of our wantaway players. Other clubs haven't. They've still got unhappy players on their books and will have for at least a few months. That's gonna give us the edge.

Delighted!!!!!!!!!

^^^ Rock solid post that ^^^
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #32: Sep 01, 2011 12:37:27 am
      On the plus side, Kenny is infinitely better than that fucknut Hodgson. And from a value/balance pt of view, he has bought well. ( Tho I think most of us reserve judgement on Carroll so far).

Negative, just imagine if u were told we'd net spend 2.7m on a team that was "in a relegation struggle"(quote Hodgson)last yr. Would u be pleased? Livid?

You're right. Its a competion to get the best players. .. who will then win the most games.
      I dont wanna sound negative but this looks as much "sell to buy" as its ever been..

A real Liverpool fan knows this is bollocks.

We're challenging with that thing called the "Kenny factor"

and stop the digging, we're in a healthy position - Fans, Team, Manager all going in the same direction!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #33: Sep 01, 2011 12:38:37 am

Jose Enrique (Newcastle Utd) £6,000,000 > Paul Konchesky (Leicester City) £1,500,000
      Sebastian Coates (Nacional) £7,000,000 > Sotirios Kyrgiakos (Wolfsburg) Free
      Jordan Henderson (Sunderland) £16,000,000 = Raul Meireles (Chelsea) £12,000,000
      Charlie Adam (Blackpool) £6,500,000 > Christian Poulsen (Evian) Undisclosed
      Stewart Downing (Aston Villa) £18,000,000 > Milan Jovanovic (Anderlecht) Free
      Craig Bellamy (Man City) Free > David Ngog (Bolton) £4,000,000
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #34: Sep 01, 2011 12:41:52 am
      Whose a happy boy?

I am ;D

F***ing brilliant work from Kenny, Damien, Tom and John and to everyone else working behind the scenes.

For 33m we have bought a whole new squad. One with determination, passion and talent to get us back in to the fold. I'm really proud of everyone's work at the club and hope it will continue - something i have 100% faith that it will.

We don't have a weak spot in our squad anymore. We have two established goalkeepers, a back line with versatility and strength in defence and going forward, a midfield that can rival the best in the league, and a forward line with some of the best performing strikers in the league in recent seasons on top of the best striker in the world.

What could top that off? Nothing. Oh wait...we have King Kenny leading them in to every match!

F***ing yaa-hoooo!
      Jose Enrique (Newcastle Utd) £6,000,000 > Paul Konchesky (Leicester City) £1,500,000
      Sebastian Coates (Nacional) £7,000,000 > Sotirios Kyrgiakos (Wolfsburg) Free
      Jordan Henderson (Sunderland) £16,000,000 = Raul Meireles (Chelsea) £12,000,000
      Charlie Adam (Blackpool) £6,500,000 > Christian Poulsen (Evian) Undisclosed
      Stewart Downing (Aston Villa) £18,000,000 > Milan Jovanovic (Anderlecht) Free
      Craig Bellamy (Man City) Free > David Ngog (Bolton) £4,000,000

Stop it.

Your making me feel all funny on the my insides ;D
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #35: Sep 01, 2011 12:43:24 am

WUM. Yawn.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #36: Sep 01, 2011 12:44:35 am
      Best and most importantly, most positive transfer window we've had in a long time.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #37: Sep 01, 2011 12:45:04 am

:lmao: :lmao:

Stop it, your killing me!
      SuperShanks
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #38: Sep 01, 2011 12:46:23 am
      I feel bad for Bellamy! Yet again a signing is overshadowed by a money grabbing tw*t! Welcome back Bellers! :) Really we were losing good bench player who wasn't getting his game with us...and yet he'll walk into Chelsea's team...says more about them really! All in all its one of the best transfer windows I've ever seen. We dare to dream!

The info being circulated is that Raul was promised a pay rise. There's been talk of a move inside the club all Summer. AND the attempts to sell Aqua failed. Raul was only asking for what he was promised. He was a great signing. NESV wanted to cut wages and sell players. So Raul was pushed out.

Bellamy, I know lots about this guy, inc his friends etc. Tied into a VERY nice deal at Man C. Wanted to hold em to ransom and move on for nothing. Man C lost out on a fee for him because he couldnt show Mancini any respect. Most clubs bauked at his wage demands. ManC eventually chose to cut their losses, and release him. I think he's had about a dozen moves in his career. Made HUGE money by constantly moving and being a cock... to get another move.

If  I explained all the details, I think u'd agree the guy was greed incarnate.
      Hopefully, he can do a  job for us tho.. if he can avoid the cuntish antics.

PS was nothing special at all in the Championship last year, unfortunately.
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2011 08:19:11 am by SuperShanks »
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #39: Sep 01, 2011 12:46:44 am

Yes, selling dead-wood and buy good players. How is that negative again?
      SuperShanks
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #40: Sep 01, 2011 12:49:03 am

Maybe my calculator needs a new battery. But last time I tried:-

32.7 - 30 = 2.7.  ???

2.7 = less than 3?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41: Sep 01, 2011 12:49:45 am
      2.7 million you say. Henry's a genius. Quality all around the squad and nobody burning wages for nothing. Perfect platform to build on when we get Champions League and do the treble. :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #42: Sep 01, 2011 12:50:27 am
      Just have a look at this.  Not just the first team, but the benches.  Brilliant work.

Gone (including on loan)
      New

LFC 2011-12

Reina, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Kelly, Downing, Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Carroll, Suarez
      Bench: Doni, Bellamy, Adam, Coates, Kuyt, Skrtel, Johnson

LFC 2010-11 (Birmingham City 0-0 Liverpool - first game in September)

Reina, Konchesky, Skrtel, Carragher, Johnson, Rodriguez, Lucas, Gerrard, Poulsen, Jovanovic, Torres
      Bench: Jones, Agger, Kyrgiakos, Meireles, Pacheco, Babel, Ngog

Much, much, much stronger.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #43: Sep 01, 2011 12:50:34 am
      The info being circulated is that Raoul was promised a pay rise. There's been talk of a move inside the club all Summer. AND the attempts to sell Aqua failed. Raoul was only asking for what he was promised. He was a great signing. NESV wanted to cut wages and sell players. So Raoul was pushed out.

Bellamy, I know lots about this guy, inc his friends etc. Tied into a VERY nice deal at Man C. Wanted to hold em to ransom and move on for nothing. Man C lost out on a fee for him because he couldnt show Mancini any respect. Most clubs bauked at his wage demands. ManC eventually chose to cut their losses, and release him. I think he's had about a dozen moves in his career. Made HUGE money by constantly moving and being a cock... to get another move.

The name was Raul...ya bluenose c**t....go try another board you may have more luck...ya i am guessing a disposable email may apply here.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #44: Sep 01, 2011 12:51:50 am
      The info being circulated is that Raoul was promised a pay rise. There's been talk of a move inside the club all Summer. AND the attempts to sell Aqua failed. Raoul was only asking for what he was promised. He was a great signing. NESV wanted to cut wages and sell players. So Raoul was pushed out.

His 'verbal' agreement to a pay rise was firstly just that, not in his written contract and was informal, secondly it was under previous owners, can't expect new ones to adhere to others' promises. Oh and F**k off with your negativity.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #45: Sep 01, 2011 12:51:56 am
      Maybe my calculator needs a new battery. But last time I tried:-

32.7 - 30 = 2.7.  ???

2.7 = less than 3?

I imagine your calculator is fine.

Your brain & sense of optimism seems to be the problem.

Quick Reply