Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

World Club Championship Final?

Read 1252 times
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      World Club Championship Final?
      Sep 07, 2007 05:42:12 pm
      Well as we all know this cup isnt worth much, but i find it very hard to get over the fact that we were robbed a few years ago against Sao Paolo. We had about 5 goals dissalowed and absolutely destroyed the Brazillians. How do you people feel, and do you think we'll win it in the future? Do you even care about the trophy?

All i know is that i still get pretty gutted about not winning that trophy, as it isnt in our ever growing history books! Considering the fact that we annihalated them and should have won the trophy!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: World Club Championship Final?
      Reply #1: Sep 07, 2007 07:10:19 pm
      I really dont think about this cup to be honest, the PL and the CL are forefront in my mind and it doesn't do to dwell on what we didnt win, its one for the future  ;) ;D ;D
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #2: Sep 07, 2007 08:32:53 pm
      Well as we all know this cup isnt worth much, but I find it very hard to get over the fact that we were robbed a few years ago against Sao Paolo. We had about 5 goals dissalowed and absolutely destroyed the Brazillians. How do you people feel, and do you think we'll win it in the future? Do you even care about the trophy?

All I know is that I still get pretty gutted about not winning that trophy, as it isnt in our ever growing history books! Considering the fact that we annihalated them and should have won the trophy!

I remember watching that game and thinking what a complete load of bollox the offciating was. And it got me thinking that it would have been nice to win that one it would have given us bragging rights over the manc scum that we were world champions, something they have never been. The problem is with officiating like this it doesnt bear well for the clubs in europe to even want to participate, the brazilians are accomadated way too much in my opion for this competition and for many years it was marred by violence on the pitch, corruption allagations and all sorts of crap. This is a pity a real pity, another thing to note because of all the complications involved with clubs now days and the way that Fata Blata is supreme dictator of football and lets face it couldnt organise a piss up in brewery runs it, it wont be any more than a token Micky Mouse tournament. Which really goats me to be honest, football is crying out for a proper world club championship tournament and has been for years and years another 4 year tournament maybe not coninciding with the National world cup, where qualifiers are taken from Champions league positions in Europe in that year and also the same around the globe for their respective continental Cups.
      But it wont happen while that Blatta is in charge of FIFA, he is only interested in lining his own pocket and the pockets of the executives who swallow his load.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3: Sep 07, 2007 08:35:45 pm
      It would have been nice to win. I never watched it but I heard and read a lot about us being just plain robbed really. Grr.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,649 posts | 6945 
      Reply #4: Sep 12, 2007 06:30:26 pm
      Personally I think it is an important trophy for the simple reason we haven't won it especially considering we have had three cracks at winning it.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #5: Sep 13, 2007 08:47:22 am
      Whether people deem the trophy important or not we have to win the European Cup to contest it.

So I hope we have a good few more cracks at winning it.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #6: Sep 13, 2007 10:16:23 am
      I agree it would be nice to add any trophy to our roll of honour but to be honest a round the world trip mid season to play in a glorified charity shield match would not come high on my trophy's to win list, even if we have been diddled on more than one occasion by refs scared of the opposing clubs Columbian contacts (allegedly) ;)
      Jrwanderer
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 115 posts |
      • Team Spirit of Champions
      Reply #7: Sep 13, 2007 07:23:34 pm
      I have to say I was gutted we didn't win it!

I'd love us to compete in it again and only this time WIN IT, so we can say we've one that one too!! 8)
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #8: Sep 13, 2007 08:23:06 pm
      It would be nice to sing "We are the Champions of the World". :o
      Lfc-jamie14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 112 posts | -2 
      • 'You'll never walk alone'
      Reply #9: Sep 25, 2007 05:47:38 pm
      To be honest i would prefer to win the league, champions league or FA cup. But would of been good to win

Quick Reply