Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

UEFA Euro 2012

Read 1278 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      UEFA Euro 2012
      May 08, 2012 04:36:53 pm

EA Sports have long been releasing stand-alone games to accompany major football tournaments. For the upcoming tournament in Poland and Ukraine, things are being done a little differently, with UEFA Euro 2012 being released as DLC for the enormously popular FIFA 12. At £15.99 for PS3 and 1800 MS Points for Xbox 360, it’s roughly half the price of a full retail title. Sounds like a steal, right?
      Well… no, it isn’t really. Essentially what you’re paying for is a couple of extra game modes and the full roster of UEFA international teams. Regarding the gameplay, there are no changes whatsoever. Not a huge problem considering FIFA 12 is lauded as the greatest football game ever, but it does mean that what you’re money has been spent on is the same game with a lick of purple Polish paint.
      Apart from the aforementioned game modes, that is. Playing through the actual tournament is what you’ll probably do first, with a mere six games standing between your chosen team and European glory. EA have piled on the atmosphere, with a veritable bounty of giant flags, confetti cannons and fireworks, as well as new commentary from the adorable Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend. It’s realistic too; all the groups are accurate, squads are updated regularly, and after drawing with Ukraine I crashed out against Spain in the quarter finals. Sigh.
      The most fun you’ll have is on the new Expedition mode, in which you create your own team in a bid to conquer Europe. With your Virtual Pro leading a bunch of ragtag European reserves, you challenge the nations around you, and if you win, you can take their players. The first time you beat them you’re given a reserve player, the second time a substitute, and the third a member of their starting 11. It takes a while to build a decent squad though, seeing as the player you’re given is completely random. You also receive a ‘mosaic piece’ each time you beat a team, but it’s likely the novelty of gallivanting around Europe collecting players will have worn off before you obtain all 180 pieces.
      There’s nothing overtly wrong with UEFA Euro 2012, there just isn’t a lot of it. Only about half of the teams are officially licensed (sorry Wales) which is poor for a franchise that prides itself on its expansive licensing. The online version of the tournament is fun and competitive but, apart from Expedition mode, there’s nothing here that isn’t already in FIFA 12. Still, it should be good fun to play alongside the actual tournament in a couple of months, just for the chance to force England into lifting a trophy.

Anyone get it? I bought it online for €19.99. Think it was worth it! Usually these games when on disk are €60! Bit of a change, bit of fun trying to win the Euros with Ireland. The only downside was you can only have won human team in the tournament.
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2012 05:55:02 pm by Reslivo »
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: FIFA Euro12
      Reply #1: May 08, 2012 04:43:59 pm
      Got it for PC... Its okay...

Exhibition is good.. where you unlock random players from the teams you beat to make your ultimate team...
      The other game modes are a little dull, even the actual Euro tournament xD
      And the lack of licensed teams put me off it a bit after I bought it, I mean Bellamy is called Belmont for Wales ffs xD

Basically just an added tournament to FIFA 12, usually you get upgrades to gameplay so Im guessing thats the reason it didnt have full release and good too, because I dont think it is worth the DLC price.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #2: May 09, 2012 07:22:19 pm
      All these Euro and World Cup Editions are just stupid.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: May 10, 2012 02:49:36 pm
      I got it and it's probably the worst £16 I've ever spent. I was and still am pretty pissed about it.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: UEFA Euro 2012
      Reply #4: May 10, 2012 10:18:41 pm
      I like doing the tournament and the new stadiums. Not disappointed at all!

Quick Reply