Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Foundation

Read 2303 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      LFC Foundation
      Sep 16, 2011 09:37:32 pm

LFC Foundation Director joins

16th Sep 2011

Liverpool FC today announced the appointment of Gary Adlen as the club's first Foundation Director.

Gary will oversee the expansion of the existing LFC Foundation charity to incorporate all of the club's community work into one body - encompassing all the programmes currently delivered under the Community, Health and Education banners.

He will provide strategic direction to expand the Foundation's portfolio of initiatives, working with Head of Community Bill Bygroves and his team and, more significantly develop a programme of fund raising activities. He will introduce a philanthropic fundraising plan and drive the development of relationships with corporate partners and individual donors, in addition to leveraging other funding streams.

Gary has worked in both the public and private sectors, most recently for the Mersey Partnership where he was Head of Corporate Sales - leading a team bringing inward investment to Liverpool, and managing strategic community projects including a sustainable city initiative with the UK's leading energy groups.

He also has considerable international experience having worked in the private sector in France, Spain and Ireland and has led collaborative projects with the UN and EU Aid agencies, local authorities and central government.

Managing Director Ian Ayre said: "I have known Gary for several years and been extremely impressed by his drive and commitment and his outstanding work on behalf of the city region.

"The ability to attract major investment in our Foundation and associated projects will be paramount in ensuring that Liverpool Football Club and its community team can continue to build upon the amazing work they have done thus far in the community. I look forward to welcoming Gary into the team."

Gary Adlen commented: "As a lifelong Liverpool fan I've experienced the highs and lows of supporting the greatest club in the world and I'm delighted to be taking up this new challenge. The club already does some fantastic work in the city which I have seen first-hand and I want to build on this by putting Liverpool at the heart of the community while continuing our programmes in international markets as well.

"I will bring my experience in both the public and private sector across the city region to ensure that we are engaged at every level and look forward to making the Foundation a great success."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/lfc-foundation-director-joins

Quick Reply