Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Who Gets Benched When Gerrard Comes Back - And Where Will Stevie Play?

Read 15775 times
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Re: Who Gets Benched When Gerrard Comes Back - And Where Will Stevie Play?
      Reply #92: Sep 20, 2011 03:38:27 pm
                                   Reina

Kelly          Coates         Agger        Jose Enrique

Lucas               Adam
      Downing                Gerrard                  Bellamy

Suarez

This would probably be my 1st choice for this formation. We need to stop putting so much preasure on Carroll and Henderson now IMO, they are ones for the future with massive potencial. If we want top 4 we need experiance after that we can start looking to the younger ones. I think the preasure of being at this massive, great club could be Hendo,s and Carrolls problem. I still think Kuyt has a big part to play this season and if we can get the full 2 years out of Bellemy he will be important also. I,d also go for 4 3 3 in some games as well.

Reina

Kelly          Coates         Agger        Jose Enrique

Lucas

Gerrard                  Adam

Suarez                 Kuyt                   Bellemy.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #93: Sep 20, 2011 03:42:35 pm
      not many people in for Carroll then.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #94: Sep 20, 2011 03:45:22 pm
      not many people in for Carroll then.

I think this would be an ideal game to get his confidence up.

Andy Carroll has played a season in the championship, followed by a season in the premiership, in both he had an excellent scoring record. He's the type of striker we need to score against the lower sides when they're defending stubbornly.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,220 posts | 3393 
      Reply #95: Sep 20, 2011 03:49:11 pm
      Gerrard like all players should not just waltz back into the team because of who he is. He should have to earn his spot back, however due to the abysmal midfield showings we've had in recent weeks it'll be easier for Kenny to just throw Stevie back into the starting XI.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #96: Sep 20, 2011 04:11:27 pm
      Gerrard should have to earn his place, he will do in training. The fact we are crying out for a player like him means he will start once ready. If we had made a better start and players like Adam & Lucas had performed then it might be different. That said a player of Gerrard class is different class & is needed. Its like saying Barca wouldnt have Messi back in after an injury as soon as he was back on form
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #97: Sep 20, 2011 07:01:15 pm
      Gerrard is urgently needed in the team to install some discipline ! we have to sub Adam with Gerrard because Adam is not a premiership player ! Gerrard and Lucas will feed Suarez and Carroll with Downing as an outlet wide player 
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #98: Jan 05, 2012 01:02:21 pm
      Still Adam all day long for me.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #99: Jan 05, 2012 02:03:15 pm
      Yeah after the first half of the season it's clear Adam is the one who will probably be dropped.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #100: Jan 05, 2012 02:03:28 pm

Samsies!

Has replaced Adam 3 times now so assume it will be him.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #101: Jan 05, 2012 02:19:53 pm
      Henderson.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #102: Jan 05, 2012 02:22:25 pm
      Think they should both be benched for Stevie and Jonjo.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #103: Jan 05, 2012 02:23:00 pm

Interesting you think that as as (I'm fairly sure I'm correct in saying this) in the last 10 games Henderson has started and played the full 90 mins, whereas every other midfielder has been replaced in them games. Gerrard has also been brought on for Adam each time, not Henderson.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #104: Jan 05, 2012 02:24:04 pm
      Carroll, play Gerrard up top least he'll make defenders F***ing work.

You know I'm joking right.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #105: Jan 05, 2012 02:44:35 pm
      Interesting you think that as as (I'm fairly sure I'm correct in saying this) in the last 10 games Henderson has started and played the full 90 mins, whereas every other midfielder has been replaced in them games. Gerrard has also been brought on for Adam each time, not Henderson.

Hendo was bought in to groom as a mini-stevie.
      Yes he has put a shift in and there have been glimpses of what is to come.

Adam would be better for set pieces allowing Stevie to be available and on the end of them ....  instead of taking them.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #106: Jan 05, 2012 02:48:14 pm
      On current form Adam gets benched.

Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #107: Jan 05, 2012 03:21:01 pm
      Adam has been dreadful of late, while Henderson has been looking like a different player everytime Gerrard has came on the pitch, as if his game lifts up to a different level. But Adam - shocking, can't even take a corner properly, doesn't tackle, and I only ever see him pass the ball backwards or sidewards apart from the first few games this season.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #108: Jan 05, 2012 03:22:57 pm
      For me it depends on who is playing up top.  Right now with Luis serving his ban, it looks like Carrol will get a good run in the starting 11.  In that case, I think we need to play with a formation that will allow both Stevie and Charlie to drift out wide right/left respectively so that they can swing in some crosses for Andy to feed on.  We saw it when Stevie came on against Newcastle, when he gets out wide on the right he is capable of whipping in crosses that should bring the best out of Carrol.  I think Adam will deliver the best crosses from the left side, so I think we should look to get both of them into positions where they can provide ammunition for our strikeforce.  While Suarez is out, I'd like to see us set up in a 4-1-4-1 that converts to a 4-1-2-3 while in attack:

Pepe
      Johno  Skrtel  Agger  Enrique
                     Spearo
            Stevie         Adam
         Maxi      Carrol      Bellers

When Suarez comes back, then I think Stevie will be best utilized right behind him in a traditional #10 role.  This will allow us to get back to the 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 that we have been using:

Pepe
      Johno   Skrtel  Agger   Enrique
                Hendo   Adam
         Maxi       Stevie       Bellamy
                      Suarez
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #109: Jan 05, 2012 03:23:32 pm
      A fully fit central midfield for me would line up like this:

Lucas   Henderson
           Gerrard
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #110: Jan 05, 2012 03:25:55 pm
                                    Lucas/Spearing

Henderson/Shelvey                             Gerrard/Adam

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #111: Jan 05, 2012 03:28:12 pm
                                    Lucas/Spearing

Henderson/Shelvey                             Gerrard/Adam

Pretty much how I see it.

On current form Adam is definately the man who is more likely to make way.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #112: Jan 05, 2012 03:34:19 pm
      Pretty much how I see it.

On current form Adam is definately the man who is more likely to make way.

5/6 players not likely to F**k off anytime soon if Spanish clubs come calling.
      I do wonder is that why we initially bought British to such an extent.
      It is more likely that these players will stay rather than ultimately look abroad.
      Gerrard fit has to start in place of Adam. I'd rotate Henderson and Shelvey
      alongside him. Obviously with Lucas out Spearing makes sense in the deeper role.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #113: Jan 05, 2012 03:42:23 pm
      5/6 players not likely to f**k off anytime soon if Spanish clubs come calling.
      I do wonder is that why we initially bought British to such an extent.

Very good point which tends to get overlooked when people talk about buying players from this league.

Adam is the one to miss out for me as I said in his thread he looks like a guy who isn't rising to the challenge of Gerrard almost being back to full fitness and I really like the way Henderson played in the last two ga.es especially when Gerrard came on.

If Gerrard wasn't fit enough to start tomorrow I would like to see Jonjo in for Adam.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #114: Jan 05, 2012 03:45:39 pm
      Very good point which tends to get overlooked when people talk about buying players from this league.

Adam is the one to miss out for me as I said in his thread he looks like a guy who isn't rising to the challenge of Gerrard almost being back to full fitness and I really like the way Henderson played in the last two ga.es especially when Gerrard came on.

If Gerrard wasn't fit enough to start tomorrow I would like to see Jonjo in for Adam.

I'd rest Adam for this one.

Henderson Spearing Shelvey

For me.

Failing that I wouldn't mind us going 4-2-3-1 and giving Adorjan a run out "in the hole".

Quick Reply