Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Your Number One Favorite Album.

Read 12978 times
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Your Number One Favorite Album.
      Reply #69: Mar 18, 2011 11:42:17 pm
      Simple.

What's The Story Morning Glory - Oasis.
      Can't argue with that.

Unbelievable album.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #70: Mar 18, 2011 11:56:16 pm
      Can't argue with that.

Unbelievable album.

I also love the Be Here Now album which got criticised to F**k. Yeah some of the songs go on a bit, but some of Oasis' best songs are on that album. For example, All Around The World, D'ya Know What I Mean, Don't Go Away and Stand By Me.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #71: Mar 19, 2011 12:02:38 am
      I also love the Be Here Now album which got criticised to f**k. Yeah some of the songs go on a bit, but some of Oasis' best songs are on that album. For example, All Around The World, D'ya Know What I Mean, Don't Go Away and Stand By Me.
      Yeah theres some crackers on BHN. Even heard Noel criticised it, christ. Its a masterclass comapred to some of the crap being generated today.

I can honestly say Oasis is one band I will never tire of listening.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #72: Mar 19, 2011 12:06:06 am
      Probably "Hunky Dory" by David Bowie - every song is a classic.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #73: Mar 19, 2011 03:39:30 am
      Was not a fan of Be Here Now. Noel's biggest slump in Oasis (along with Heather Chemistry which bar the singles was just an album of fillers).

However I wouldn't argue with those saying What's The Story Morning Glory. I listened to it again a couple of weeks back and my god it still blitzes your ears. It just churns out hit after hit after hit after hit. Full on rock n roll brilliance. So iconic as well. Truly memorable.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #74: Mar 20, 2011 07:10:08 pm
      Was not a fan of Be Here Now. Noel's biggest slump in Oasis (along with Heather Chemistry which bar the singles was just an album of fillers).

However I wouldn't argue with those saying What's The Story Morning Glory. I listened to it again a couple of weeks back and my god it still blitzes your ears. It just churns out hit after hit after hit after hit. Full on rock n roll brilliance. So iconic as well. Truly memorable.

Listened to the Be Here Now album before, still think it's boss. One of the things I love(d) about Oasis, is they usually got it right in terms of which songs to release. The only album they got it totally tits up with was Don't Believe The Truth. Mucky Fingers, Part Of The Queue and Guess God Thinks I'm Able are much better than the songs they released especially Lyla which is F***ing awful.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #75: Mar 20, 2011 08:08:29 pm
      Listened to the Be Here Now album before, still think it's boss. One of the things I love(d) about Oasis, is they usually got it right in terms of which songs to release. The only album they got it totally tits up with was Don't Believe The Truth. Mucky Fingers, Part Of The Queue and Guess God Thinks I'm Able are much better than the songs they released especially Lyla which is f**king awful.

Lyla was catchy but ughh! as a single. It would have been good had it not been a single. But yeah it turned into a piss poor song. Their worst on that album. However The Importance of Being Idle was just boss though and is one of the most fantastic songs I've heard. Arguably Noel's best ever song. But yeah like you said they should have released those sings you mentioned. Overall it's a fine fine album.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #76: Mar 20, 2011 11:35:36 pm
      I love Oasis and Be Here Now is still one of my favourites of theirs as it has some of my favourite Oasis songs on it.

D'You Know What I mean, Magic Pie, I Hope I Think I Know, All Around The World, Stand By Me, Fade In Out, and Don't Go Away.

Pretty good collection of songs if you ask me and still is a great album to listen to today.

Lyla was catchy but ughh! as a single. It would have been good had it not been a single. But yeah it turned into a piss poor song. Their worst on that album.

I've seen Oasis live four times and Lyla is f**king immense live and always a highlight in the set.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #77: Mar 21, 2011 12:13:42 am
      What do people think of Standing on the Shoulders of Giants their 4th album from 11 years ago? I personally think it's a horrifically underrated album and has some great production on it. Gas Panic is unbelievable for starters. Yes it has Little James on it but overall it's a really good album. Over time it has garnered a much more favourable reception so thank goodness. Mark Stent who produced that album deserved to produce more with them. However one thing I will never get is why they did not get Steve Lilleywhite in to produce an Oasis record. Lilleywhite produced old U2, (as well as the majority of their How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb in 2004) as well as Beady Eye, The La's (one of the best albums you will buy) and so much more. Why Noel?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #78: Mar 21, 2011 12:21:34 am
      What do people think of Standing on the Shoulders of Giants their 4th album from 11 years ago? I personally think it's a horrifically underrated album and has some great production on it. Gas Panic is unbelievable for starters. Yes it has Little James on it but overall it's a really good album. Over time it has garnered a much more favourable reception so thank goodness. Mark Stent who produced that album deserved to produce more with them. However one thing I will never get is why they did not get Steve Lilleywhite in to produce an Oasis record. Lilleywhite produced old U2, (as well as the majority of their How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb in 2004) as well as Beady Eye, The La's (one of the best albums you will buy) and so much more. Why Noel?

I like it but you won't hear me criticise Oasis too much as I love the band.

Roll It Over and Gas Panic are two of my favourite Oasis songs but I Can See A Liar is possibly the worst song they have put on any album in my opinion.

I have a soft spot for Little James. Lyrics are awful but I really like the overall feel of the song.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #79: Mar 21, 2011 12:59:47 am
      I like it but you won't hear me criticise Oasis too much as I love the band.

Roll It Over and Gas Panic are two of my favourite Oasis songs but I Can See A Liar is possibly the worst song they have put on any album in my opinion.

I have a soft spot for Little James. Lyrics are awful but I really like the overall feel of the song.

Let's All Make Believe a b side for one of their singles should have been on that album. Tragic that Noel left it off the album.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #80: Mar 21, 2011 01:21:47 am
      Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants is an ok album but it was when Oasis were changing too much. No Bonehead, no Guigsy. Just didn't sit right with me. Couple of boss songs on there though - Sunday Morning Call (vastly underrated) and Where Did It All Go Wrong? probably my fave two songs off the album.

Heathen Chemistry was when they'd settled back down to a regular list of band members rather than just guest musicians and I think it was a better album for it. Andy Bell and Gem Archer really got Oasis back to being close to their best though nothing will beat their early stuff.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #81: Mar 22, 2011 12:56:51 pm
      God all this talk about SOTSOG has taken me down memory lane.  I remember being 15 and waiting for it to come out, i was a little too young for the hype of WTSMG so i was really excited about it.

I remember the hype when they released Go Let It Out, then i got the album.  I knew there and then it was awful.  A really really bad album IMO.  I read Rolling Stone or Q around the time and even Noel slagged it off (Especially I can see a liar)

What Oasis did was peak on their first two albums.  A few decent tunes since then but they never made another great album.  I do like Be Here Now but as a band album its not that good, I think Noel said he's produced better shits. Hahaha, love that about the guy.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #82: Jul 29, 2011 07:54:41 pm
      Yes, i've been thinking of this ever since and i've finally decided.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #83: Jul 30, 2011 01:36:33 am
      Changes so often, right now it's Guns N Roses, Appetite for Destruction.  It last 54 minutes, which I then add November Rain (Use Your Illusion I)  to.  It then covers all my cardio workout.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #84: Aug 01, 2011 12:08:32 am
      "U2"-1987-The Joshua Tree. Pure class. Another one for the Irish out there has to be "Aslan's" "Goodbye Charlie Moonhead".
      Pro_17
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #85: Sep 17, 2011 10:25:37 pm
      Oasis - What's the story morning glory

Quick Reply