Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Gaston Ramirez (Bologna)

Read 110632 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Gaston Ramirez (Bologna)
      Sep 17, 2011 11:38:55 pm

Liverpool keen on Uruguayan talent Gaston Ramirez

Sunday, 18th September, 2011

Sources in Italy have confirmed that Liverpool are interested in Bologna’s attacking midfielder Gaston Ramirez.

Indeed, the Reds are thought to have indicated that they would pay €10M to take the 20-year-old to Anfield, though Bologna’s cooperation in the matter cannot be assumed.

Ramirez has impressed in Serie A since landing at Bologna last summer, being brought to the Rossoblu from Uruguayan outfit Penarol.

The Uruguay international is a player Bologna would love to tie down to a longer deal and there has been talk of a new contract.

But after flashes of brilliance in Serie A, Ramirez is a man in demand, with Manchester City and Manchester United also reported to have begun to track his progress.

Liverpool however look to have become the first club to put a concrete value on the attacking all-rounder and are keen to add to their Uruguayan contingent.

The Reds will surely be confident that, with countrymen Luis Suarez and Sebastian Coates already at Anfield, Ramirez would opt for a switch to the Merseyside giants ahead of their Premier League competitors.

Bologna are adopting a realistic approach to the situation and accept that offers too good to turn down could arrive in January or next summer.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2011/09/17/liverpool-keen-on-uruguayan-talent-gaston-ramirez/49258/
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Re: Gaston Ramirez (Bologna)
      Reply #1: Sep 17, 2011 11:40:27 pm
      I thought it was around that time :f_tongueincheek: :D

Only kidding mate!

Have you seen anything of this guy?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Sep 17, 2011 11:56:01 pm
      F**k me its 3 months utnil January lock the transfer threads, we had enough of this sh*te in the summer.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #3: Sep 18, 2011 12:01:32 am
      F**k me its 3 months utnil January lock the transfer threads, we had enough of this sh*te in the summer.

Don't like 'em, don't read 'em.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Sep 18, 2011 12:04:03 am
      Just when you thought it was safe to open new threads. . .
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Sep 18, 2011 12:04:11 am
      Don't like 'em, don't read 'em.

To be honest I never, I just commented because like I said it was bad enough in the summer linked to all and sundry.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #6: Sep 18, 2011 12:24:25 am
      To be honest I never, I just commented because like I said it was bad enough in the summer linked to all and sundry.

No you didn't, you said to lock it.

Should probably do that with IP and "TEH"
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7: Sep 18, 2011 12:46:46 am
      No you didn't, you said to lock it.

Should probably do that with IP and "TEH"

KIK I don't know what is eating you, but I can guarantee its suffering terribly.

I suggest you drop the attitude and chip on your shoulder pal, i'm not getting involved in your stupid little games fella, one thing i've noticed over the last few weeks watching threads is you try and bait and goad people with your comments as your above comment shows, so jog on theres a good lad. x

Just when you thought it was safe to open new threads. . .

Not at all mate it was aimed at the transfer board not the poster.

Now considering the transfer board is usually locked following the conclusion of our summer business its fair comment.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #8: Sep 18, 2011 12:51:41 am
      I thought it was around that time :f_tongueincheek: :D

Only kidding mate!

Have you seen anything of this guy?

Superbly talented kid ... Wide forward type ... Excellent technique and left foot ... Would absolutely love him at LFC ...
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #9: Sep 18, 2011 02:10:28 am
      Superbly talented kid ... Wide forward type ... Excellent technique and left foot ... Would absolutely love him at LFC ...

Is he kind of like Lavezzi in his playing style?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #10: Sep 18, 2011 02:49:55 am
      Is he kind of like Lavezzi in his playing style?

Not really ... More of a Jeremy Menez type, but from his Sochaux/Monaco days ...
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #11: Sep 18, 2011 03:05:15 am
      Not really ... More of a Jeremy Menez type, but from his Sochaux/Monaco days ...

Sounds very interesting player then.

Would be happy for the club to get him if he is as good as you say he is.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #12: Sep 18, 2011 03:52:43 am
      Rough diamond. See how he gets on at Bologna. Way too early for him.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #13: Sep 18, 2011 11:33:45 am
      Rough diamond. See how he gets on at Bologna. Way too early for him.

I agree that it's a bit early for him, but if he continues with his improvement at Bologna, and signs a new contract, his price will double/triple in no time ... If our scouts are certain about him, January will be the perfect time to make a bid ...
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #14: Sep 20, 2011 12:50:22 am

Liverpool Rumored to Target Bologna Winger Gaston Ramirez for January Move

by Marcus Kwesi O'Mard
      Mon, Sep 19, 2011

FC Bologna's Gaston Ramirez has been linked with a potential move to Liverpool FC in January, according to recent reports. The 20-year-old Uruguayan is yet another young player to emerge in a top European league from the country, which is reassuming its place amongst the powers of the world game.

Bologna manager Pierpaolo Bisole tried to squash the rumor with comments he made to RAI (Football Italia reports).

“The transfer market is closed and I don’t see what I’m supposed to say about this right now.” He said. “The issue just doesn’t exist. It was the first game I could’ve fielded the lad, as he was suspended last week. He played for 35 minutes and is regularly at the disposal of the squad. As for anything else, that will wait until January.”

Ramirez currently plays for the club as an attacker on the left side of a three-man attack.

He broke into the first team at Uruguayan club Penarol in January of 2009. Over the next 18 months, he played 20 games and scored seven goals for his club. His performances for his country’s under-20 and full national teams (he has seven caps for Urugauy) attracted the attention of European clubs. He moved to the Italian side in August 2010 for a fee of £4.84 million. Ramirez has appeared 28 times for Bologna, scoring seven goals.

He has been linked with Italian club AS Roma and free-spending Manchester City in recent months. The player was embroiled in a contract dispute with Bologna over the summer and it is believed that he could be had for a fee in the region of £10 million.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/09/liverpool-rumored-to-target-bologna-winger-gaston-ramirez-for-january-move.html
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #15: Sep 20, 2011 01:12:57 am
      28 appearances & 7 goals in a debut season for a 20 year old winger is good.

I believe he would be temted to come here with Suarez & Coates being here.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #16: Sep 21, 2011 06:13:07 pm

Gaston Ramirez Liverpool Move Realistic Confirm Bologna

Tuesday, 20th September, 2011

Bologna have admitted that the prospect of Gaston Ramirez moving to Liverpool is a very real one.

Ramirez is interesting the English giants and making an official €10M bid in the January transfer window is being weighed in the corridors of power at Anfield.

The Uruguayan has improved his chances with a flurry of fine displays, while his involvement in his country’s national team has also ensured that a work permit to play in England would be well within his grasp.

And Bologna well understand that standing in the way of a move to Liverpool would be an unrealistic stance.

"We’ll see about Ramirez joining Liverpool", said Bologna vice-president Maurizio Setti.

"There’s certainly a real chance [of it].

"Even if, at the moment, the Reds haven’t called us."

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2011/09/20/gaston-ramirez-liverpool-move-realistic-confirm-bologna/49419/
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #17: Sep 26, 2011 05:27:24 pm
      They wants the monies. And they wants alots of it.

He's doing his best to prove me wrong. He looks class already but still firmly believe we should nab him at the start of not next season but the season after.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #18: Sep 26, 2011 08:01:01 pm
      They wants the monies. And they wants alots of it.

He's doing his best to prove me wrong. He looks class already but still firmly believe we should nab him at the start of not next season but the season after.

Ramirez could easily become a brilliant investment, if we go for him as soon as January ... Bologna have got him for €5.5 million from Peñarol last summer, and he is still on his first, relatively low contract ... He clearly wants to go to a bigger club, and since Bologna have a considerable debt, they are willing to sell ...
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #19: Sep 27, 2011 12:19:56 am
      His brothers are all pretty good, Aitree, Faakerly and Huton...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #20: Sep 27, 2011 04:00:57 pm
      Ah, this was the lad mentioned during the Bologna/Inter game on Sunday. Heard the ESPN commentator mentioning a player who had been negotiating a supposed deal with us possibly for the window coming up in January, but didn't hear his name.

Is he any good?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #21: Oct 04, 2011 02:20:59 pm
      He's excellent if somewhat arrogant.

Kenny will fix that up though. Still raw but all the makings of a top mark player.
      redsordie27
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts |
      Reply #22: Dec 02, 2011 03:21:54 am
      i love him hes a raw talent but maxi and kenny can teach him how to play. like him 10m a little steep tho

Quick Reply