Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Gaston Ramirez (Bologna)

Read 110626 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Gaston Ramirez (Bologna)
      Reply #23: Dec 02, 2011 10:00:27 am
      i love him hes a raw talent but maxi and kenny can teach him how to play. like him 10m a little steep tho

i think Bologna will play hard ball as they need the cash. Good prospect though.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #24: Dec 04, 2011 12:05:32 am
      Another player that I'd be happy to see here and the type to put pressure where it's needed. Love bringing in emerging talent and watching their careers fly at LFC, haven't had enough of it in recent years, great to have it back and this lad could be the next for our growing list!
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #25: Dec 05, 2011 05:10:12 pm
      I love him as a player, but im quite cautious about his attitude. Never really figured out what the deal with him is... and ive watched him since he was in Peñarol under 15.
      Certainly has talent, but something is just not right. I honestly dont think Liverpool are after him. If Kenny buys, he will buy someone who will walk right into the starting XI, and Gaston isnt in that category yet
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #26: Dec 05, 2011 06:13:31 pm
      I love him as a player, but im quite cautious about his attitude. Never really figured out what the deal with him is... and ive watched him since he was in Peñarol under 15.
      Certainly has talent, but something is just not right. I honestly dont think Liverpool are after him. If Kenny buys, he will buy someone who will walk right into the starting XI, and Gaston isnt in that category yet
      That puts a different slant on things QuicoGalante,it is good to have posters with good genuine knowledge of South American born players,thanks for your input.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #27: Dec 07, 2011 11:58:35 pm
      If Kenny buys, he will buy someone who will walk right into the starting XI

Yea, who would spend money on a 20 year old to walk straight into the starting 11!

But we have laid the foundation for that!
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #28: Dec 10, 2011 01:13:04 pm
      Yea, who would spend money on a 20 year old to walk straight into the starting 11!

But we have laid the foundation for that!
      Isnt there a max of non EU players a team can have? Sorry, i dont quite know the regulations on this.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #29: Dec 10, 2011 01:13:59 pm
      Isnt there a max of non EU players a team can have? Sorry, i dont quite know the regulations on this.

There isn't in England I don't think. There is in Spain though I believe.
      Bier
      Reply #30: Dec 10, 2011 04:54:55 pm
      No, the influx of foreign and non EU players is restricted in other ways. The homegrown rules requires a minimum of homegrown players, which indirectly affects the maximum ammount of non EU players a team can have. And ofcourse the work permit issue allows only the most talented non EU players to play in England, which indirectly also affect the ammount of non EU players that play in England I guess.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #31: Dec 11, 2011 06:29:12 pm
      Dont get it. If there is a min, then there is a max...so the answer is Yes?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #32: Dec 11, 2011 07:41:49 pm
      Dont get it. If there is a min, then there is a max...so the answer is Yes?

You must have eight homegrown players in the squad of 25, four of which must have been trained/developed at the club.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33: Dec 11, 2011 07:41:55 pm
      You must have at least 8 players grown in England and then from there you can have whatever you want.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #34: Dec 11, 2011 08:45:03 pm
      You must have at least 8 players grown in England and then from there you can have whatever you want.
      So, basically, you could have an all foreign team? Weird regulation, but having top foreign players does have an impact on a nation(just ask Spain!! they were sh*t for years, just buying the best)
      Back to topic, if there is no problem with the non EU quota, then id definitely sign him. Worth a shot given his "low" price, compared to English players.

Still think his rooftop might have a few leaks...
      Bier
      Reply #35: Dec 11, 2011 09:00:39 pm
      So, basically, you could have an all foreign team? Weird regulation, but having top foreign players does have an impact on a nation(just ask Spain!! they were sh*t for years, just buying the best)
      An all foreign team is possible yeah, although unlikely. But an all non EU team is not really possible. To be counted as homegrown a player must have played I think for a total of 3 years before the age of 21 at an English club. And non EU players usually don't get work permits at the age of 16 or 17.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #36: Dec 19, 2011 12:52:14 am
      Gaston Ramirez's agent Vicenzo D'Ippolito: "We’ll see about Ramirez joining Liverpool. There’s certainly a real chance of it."
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #37: Dec 19, 2011 08:43:25 pm
      Inter tried to get him with the option of Countinho on loan.
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #38: Dec 27, 2011 12:41:02 am
      So,so,so many rumours surrounding this lad. Definitely seems like we're keen.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #39: Dec 27, 2011 09:15:57 am
      well Twitter thinks he is joining us :P
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      Reply #40: Dec 27, 2011 02:45:35 pm
      Yea hear twitter is going nuts saying he is signing for 17.5 million pound!!!!
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      Reply #41: Dec 29, 2011 01:16:35 pm
      D'Ippolito (agent of Ramirez) : "There is nothing to say about Ramirez. He's only just extended his contract. He won't be leaving Bologna."
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #42: Dec 29, 2011 01:40:03 pm
      Agent: Ramirez won't be leaving Bologna

Liverpool and Manchester United will have to switch their attentions elsewhere after Bologna midfielder Gaston Ramirez revealed he is happy to stay with the Italian club.

Ramirez has been earning rave reviews in Italy and has been attracting interest from a number of top clubs across Europe.

Manchester United have been keeping a close eye on his development, while reports in Italy suggested Liverpool were in pole position to clinch his signature in January.

Kenny Dalglish is keen to strengthen his squad and give them every chance of securing a top four finish at the end of the season.

But Ramirez's agent Vincenzo D'Ippolito insists the 21-year-old is happy to stay at Bologna after he recently signed a new deal which keeps him at the club until 2016.

D'Ippolito said: "There is nothing to say about Ramirez. He's only just extended his contract. He won't be leaving Bologna."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/agent-ramirez-won-t-be-leaving-bologna
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #43: Dec 29, 2011 02:14:40 pm
      Oh bother.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #44: Dec 29, 2011 02:16:50 pm
      Gaston Ramirez's agent Vicenzo D'Ippolito: "We’ll see about Ramirez joining Liverpool. There’s certainly a real chance of it."
      D'Ippolito (agent of Ramirez) : "There is nothing to say about Ramirez. He's only just extended his contract. He won't be leaving Bologna."

:f_doh:

Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #45: Dec 29, 2011 02:26:18 pm

:f_doh:

Sorry, you are surprised that an agent contradicted himself? :D

Quick Reply