Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Gaston Ramirez (Bologna)

Read 111088 times
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: Gaston Ramirez (Bologna)
      Reply #782: Aug 17, 2012 04:20:03 pm
      We'll nab him for half that next year when they get relegated. :D
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #783: Aug 17, 2012 04:37:47 pm
      We'll nab him for half that next year when they get relegated. :D

For about 25 million probably, think we're missing out big style here.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #784: Aug 17, 2012 05:04:02 pm
      Have to believe Redmen tv on this one, they said about a month ago they had it on good authority we was never intrested in him. True though, we sign someone that nobody knew we was even linked to, but yet all the twitter bullshit dragged on for months about how we're signing Gaston Ramirez.

An idiots on here still bother to post twitter sh*t.

Anyways, exellent news for Southampton. Glad he went there rather than Spuds.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #785: Aug 17, 2012 05:36:15 pm
      this guy is a clown and has no aspirations

Maybe he had aspirations to play week in and week out  in the premier league and improve as a player, perhaps he thought top clubs in England couldn't give him that chance.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #786: Aug 17, 2012 05:37:31 pm
      Or maybe Sothampton are the next 'Manchester City' here...
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #787: Aug 17, 2012 05:39:24 pm
      Can't believe they've got him for so cheap, we're probably going to end up signing Dempsey for almost the same price, who's nine years older.

Pretty gutted about this one.

HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #788: Aug 17, 2012 07:21:42 pm
      Gabriele Marcotti ‏@Marcotti
      Sky Italia reporting that hold up of Ramirez to Southampton deal has to do with method of payment (installments v lump sum).

Gabriele Marcotti ‏@Marcotti
      Sky Italia also reporting that there is an issue with fact that 30 pct of Gaston Ramirez owned by 3rd party.

From that to this:

Bologna: No Ramirez to Soton deal

August 17, 2012

By ESPN staff

Bologna president Albano Guaraldi insists that midfielder Gaston Ramirez is still far from close to a switch to Southampton and criticised the Uruguayan's recent behaviour.

Ramirez, 21, had insisted that he was keen on a move to the South Coast and that an agreement had been reached in principal with the Italian side for his signature.

The claims, which came as a shock on Friday morning, have since been denied by Bologna's president, who dismissed reports that he would sell Ramirez for the €15 million fee quoted.

"Ramirez is contracted to Bologna and the club will decide upon his future, not the player himself," Guaraldi said.

"Ramirez's behaviour is totally unacceptable, giving open interviews like that without consulting us. Gaston cannot force my hand with two interviews. I am a serious person and I've already said it will take ¬20m to sell him. And I also told his agent."

Southampton manager Nigel Adkins had earlier refused to comment on the validity of the reports in Italy, but was visibly excited by the prospect of working with the youngster.

Adkins told a press conference: "It looks exciting, doesn't it? I think he has come out in Italy and said it is already sorted, but I think you'll find the policy of the football club is until the player has signed on the dotted line and we announce it then really we try to do everything privately. We have been consistent with that over the years and we'll probably stay that way.

"If it is true, then it obviously shows the ambition of the football club. I know the chairman, Nicola Cortese, is very ambitious here and it is great."

Ramirez scored eight goals in 28 apperances in Serie A last season before taking part in this summer's Olympic Games in London, as Uruguay crashed out at the Group Stage.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1136060/bologna-deny-soton-deal-for-gaston-ramirez?cc=5739
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #789: Aug 17, 2012 07:25:09 pm
      Most reliable sources suggesting any interest died with Kenny/Commoli's departure.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #790: Aug 18, 2012 03:59:59 am
      I don't know much about him but to pointing towards Southamption, it probably means he isn't as good as some believe.  It just seemed that his agent tried to sell him to anyone and everyone.
      Jeze
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #791: Aug 18, 2012 12:20:22 pm
      I don't know much about him but to pointing towards Southamption, it probably means he isn't as good as some believe.  It just seemed that his agent tried to sell him to anyone and everyone.

I think the bottom line is that he is like most Serie A midfield-team players seriously underpaid and so is desperate to move away from Bologna - that's why he'd even consider Southampton. During the 2010-11 season Bologna even got deducted a few points for unpaid salaries. I think it has a lot to do with the financial aspect. That said, I find it a little strange that clubs like Lazio, Roma or Napoli haven't grabbed him, because he is at that level to be a good useful player in a league that's worse than the Premiership. I doubt he is Liverpool quality, but neither is Joe Cole and still he plays for us... But a good young player nevertheless, but for the transfer fees mentioned it was better to stay away (same with Henderson last year really).
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #792: Aug 18, 2012 12:22:29 pm
      Another Mac Red thread that bore no fruit.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #793: Aug 18, 2012 11:36:18 pm
      Can't believe he chose Southampton over us. Shows his lack of ambition.

George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #794: Aug 18, 2012 11:44:21 pm
      Can't believe he chose Southampton over us. Shows his lack of ambition.

He didn't get to chose - we didn't bid for him
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      Reply #795: Aug 18, 2012 11:45:45 pm
      He didn't get to chose - we didn't bid for him

Depending on which report you read.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #796: Aug 18, 2012 11:46:34 pm
      Haha.

Are we seen as an ambitious club anymore though?
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #797: Aug 18, 2012 11:47:45 pm
      Depending on which report you read.

Which report has us making a bid ?!

We didn't make an offer for him - any interest we had in him went when Comolli left
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      Reply #798: Aug 18, 2012 11:52:02 pm
      Which report has us making a bid ?!

We didn't make an offer for him - any interest we had in him went when Comolli left

Yet we have 27 pages of posts on this lad. I'm sure if you delve into one of those pages, it'll be there somewhere but who gives a F**k now, he's made his decision so we should just lock this one up.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #799: Aug 18, 2012 11:54:30 pm
      Yet we have 27 pages of posts on this lad. I'm sure if you delve into one of those pages, it'll be there somewhere but who gives a F**k now, he's made his decision so we should just lock this one up.

We have 27 pages of sh*te based on twitter rumours with nothing ever confirmed by anyone.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      Reply #800: Aug 18, 2012 11:59:53 pm
      We have 27 pages of sh*te based on twitter rumours with nothing ever confirmed by anyone.

Twitter's Gospel these day's isn't it?  :P
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,940 posts | 285 
      Reply #801: Aug 19, 2012 01:54:39 pm
      This is never going to happen. Shame because we need some creativity. Look at Hazard today for Chelski. I would class them both in the same bracket.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #802: Aug 19, 2012 01:57:13 pm
      Yup, I really don't remember actually reading anything saying we bid for him..

27 pages of media buggery..

hahaha
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #803: Aug 20, 2012 09:09:49 am
      George how much of the 27 pages of sh*te as you call it have you contributed,let's face you have no more knowledge of what goes on at Anfield than any other L.F.C. supporter.I was one who was hoping that Ramirez would sign for us but  that is all it was HOPE.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #804: Aug 20, 2012 09:17:41 am
      George how much of the 27 pages of sh*te as you call it have you contributed,let's face you have no more knowledge of what goes on at Anfield than any other L.F.C. supporter.I was one who was hoping that Ramirez would sign for us but  that is all it was HOPE.

I too also would have liked to have signed him but that doesn't change the fact there has be no concrete information we were ever in for him with plenty suggestion any interest in him ended when Comolli left. Since then we have had his agent spouting rubbish and a journo from Uruguay clamining we signed him over a month ago.

There is rumours based on local information from relible sources then there is the Ramirez thread which is based on thin air.

Quick Reply