Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Gaston Ramirez (Bologna)

Read 110667 times
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Re: Gaston Ramirez (Bologna)
      Reply #161: Jun 29, 2012 09:03:51 pm
      In the hole player so. I always assumed he was a winger to be honest. If he were to come here, would he be playing ahead of Gerrard, Cole, Aqua and Suarez as the player in the hole, even if Suarez is played out wide instead?
      He can play as a winger, but ive seen him play great as a number 10. Dont think he is fast enough to play as a winger in England, but then again...

In Uruguay he is expected to develop to fill in for Forlan when the latter retires, and Forlan is Uruguays playmaker

If you want a power winger look elsewhere
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #162: Jun 29, 2012 09:18:49 pm
      He can play as a winger, but ive seen him play great as a number 10. Dont think he is fast enough to play as a winger in England, but then again...

Maxi plays on the wing for us, and he's hardly quick.

I think good movement can compensate for a lack of blistering pace.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #163: Jun 29, 2012 09:23:39 pm

In Uruguay he is expected to develop to fill in for Forlan when the latter retires, and Forlan is Uruguays playmaker

I see.

Maxi plays on the wing for us, and he's hardly quick.

I think good movement can compensate for a lack of blistering pace.

Good point.

I suppose intelligence does make up for pace, as we see in so many defenders.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #164: Jun 29, 2012 09:28:08 pm
      Liverpool FC News ‏@LiverpooIFCNews
      Sky Italia reporting Liverpool have made a £15m bid for Gaston Ramirez. #lfc

This story seems to run and run...
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #165: Jun 29, 2012 09:40:24 pm
      Hope so :)
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #166: Jun 29, 2012 10:06:23 pm

I echo those thoughts (from when I've seen him play). He pops up everywhere, like Suarez only not as close to goal. I think we'll play a very fluid front 3, especially if Carroll isn't in the team for some reason. If he is I think the other 2 will move around a lot, and Ramirez can certainly make an impact with that freedom.

Still think the price is a little steep, but you have to take risks.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #167: Jun 29, 2012 10:33:33 pm

Looks like that Argentine fellow who also wears no 10...
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #168: Jun 29, 2012 10:41:18 pm
      He does.

Myself and one of the lads were out last night for a bit but during the pre-drinks had a big Liverpool talk as we're both Liverpool fans. He came up and to be honest, until then I always thought he was black! Obviously nothing wrong with that or anything but just an assumption I had always made.

Also, seen many tweets over the last few days saying he is not value for money. I really wish I had seen enough of him to comment.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #169: Jun 29, 2012 11:05:56 pm
      Don't really have anyone like him and I'd trust BR with a young talent like Ramirez to get the best out of him. I'd imagine he will play behind Luis in a David Silva role.

As Quico referred to and one point I made before is that 16m is a bit steep for a player who certainly is still at the 'rough diamond' stage of his career. However his potential can't be doubted. Can develop in to a sublime player.
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #170: Jun 29, 2012 11:18:28 pm
      Uruguay are training in Melwood you know guys..
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #171: Jun 29, 2012 11:52:15 pm
      Bugger! It's the Uruguay Liverpool, not our Liverpool.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #172: Jun 30, 2012 12:37:35 am
      Well my stance was always to forgive them for January due to the lack of activity it general has and judge them this summer. It is beyond obvious we need major investment in this squad to develop into a top 4 team, our midfield is either ageing or just not good in most cases. Up front we're short a couple of strikers to compete on all fronts so they have this summer to address the issues with a proper hand in pocket show or we may be many years in simply catch up mode.

Gaston would be a large step in the right direction but it will come down to net spend at the end of the day and so far they've invested £10m in switching managers not the wisest way to spend money if they only net spend what we made so we'll see. Signing Ramirez would certainly add some optimism that is rapidly draining from these boards recently.

Thing is Luke with FFP rules (which apparently the club seems intent on following) you need to judge both summer/winter of each season as the following summer is an entirely different year in terms of FFP. 2011/2012 transfers ended the last day of the Winter window, you simply cannot stockpile monies from one year and use them in the future with FFP, the income and expenditure need to match up year to year, in essence if you have it to spend in a particular season you best spend it not save it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #173: Jun 30, 2012 12:43:07 am

Looks like that Argentine fellow who also wears no 10...

Let's hope he plays like him if we are to sign him!
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #174: Jun 30, 2012 03:40:47 am
      I rate this kid highly. I'd pay anything up to 20m. He can play out on the wing, but is better in the AM spot. A lot better than Sig. If I were to compare him to anyone it would be Mata.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #175: Jun 30, 2012 08:12:10 am
      I rate this kid highly. I'd pay anything up to 20m. He can play out on the wing, but is better in the AM spot. A lot better than Sig. If I were to compare him to anyone it would be Mata.
      Have you ever seen him play?!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #176: Jun 30, 2012 08:27:59 am
      For good imformation on this lad I think you should read QuicoGalante's post on reply number 161.He has all the gen on players from Uruguay as that is his base,he was very accurate about Coates when we signed him.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #177: Jun 30, 2012 08:39:57 am

Thing is Luke with FFP rules (which apparently the club seems intent on following) you need to judge both summer/winter of each season as the following summer is an entirely different year in terms of FFP. 2011/2012 transfers ended the last day of the Winter window, you simply cannot stockpile monies from one year and use them in the future with FFP, the income and expenditure need to match up year to year, in essence if you have it to spend in a particular season you best spend it not save it.

Very good point to make...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #178: Jun 30, 2012 01:01:23 pm

They have some flexibility, if you can show you plan to keep on an even keel.  In reality, it probably has so many loop wholes and of course the threat of the European elite just walking away from UEFA, that it'll be unmanageable.  Saying this though, I have time for people/clubs who are willing to play within the spirit of the law.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #179: Jun 30, 2012 03:37:42 pm

Dont think his style of play is similar to Mata. He is more elegant, but slower. His dribble is not alike Matas, its more like a long feint (not sure if thats the correct translation). More similar to Kaka in style, but as i mentioned, not in the brazilians tier (not yet,and probably never, but who knows!!)

Media in Uruguay is saying all transfer news are unconfirmed, but that Liverpool is competing with Juve.
       http://www.ovaciondigital.com.uy/120630/futinter-649170/futbolinternacional/ramirez-se-prueba-el-rojo-ingles/

QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #180: Jun 30, 2012 04:04:30 pm
      This is a good video. Look at his style to beat a player. Good control and great class, but not Mata´s, or Suarez devilish dribble.
      Gaston Ramirez - The Uruguayan Kaka HD II Liverpool Bound ?
      This is him in training (always like to watch training videos)
      Gaston Ramirez in training *NEW*
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #181: Jun 30, 2012 04:05:36 pm
      Competing with Juventus ? You might aswel lock the thread now.If we can't compete with with Spurs...
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #182: Jun 30, 2012 04:13:05 pm
      Competing with Juventus ? You might aswel lock the thread now.If we can't compete with with Spurs...
      Juventus dont have Suarez or Coates...
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #183: Jun 30, 2012 04:16:22 pm
      Spurs didn't have Rodgers...

Quick Reply