Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The "What's Joey Barton done now?" thread

Read 13707 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      The "What's Joey Barton done now?" thread
      Sep 18, 2011 10:30:56 am
       ;D

QPR captain Joey Barton faces FA probe over Twitter attack on Wolves's Mick McCarthy and Karl Henry

Joey Barton could face disciplinary action from the Football Association after marring a superb display at Molineux with a post-match Twitter attack on Wolves manager Mick McCarthy and midfielder Karl Henry.

The controversial Queens Park Rangers captain has a history with Henry, who tormented Barton with a series of heavy challenges when Newcastle played here last season.
      This time, he was incensed by a scything tackle from Henry in the final minutes of the game. Having angered the Molineux crowd by directing a three-fingered gesture at them - to indicate the scoreline - he then sought out Henry to offer a patronising pat on the head and had to be dragged away by team-mates.
      Barton reinforced the message by later posting on Twitter: “I bet you Henry feels like an idiot again today. He should just keep his trap firmly shut.
      Sunday league player. I wasn’t happy another player tried to cause an injury when the game nearly over. Just because he’s inferior in every way.”
      Barton also implied McCarthy may have been under the influence of illegal drugs when he claimed earlier this week he would have turned down the chance to sign the midfielder before his move to Loftus Road.

Barton said: “‘Wolves snubbed me’, I read in this morning papers. Ha ha (I) don’t know what Mick’s been smoking.”
      Rangers manager Neil Warnock revealed earlier this month that Barton had been warned by the FA over his tweeting.
      Warnock said: “The FA have told players what they expect from anyone who tweets and he has got to adhere to the guidelines.”
      Speaking before Barton’s comments appeared on Twitter, Warnock was angry with Henry’s tackle but also with his own captain Anton Ferdinand for charging 40 yards to protect Barton, collecting his fifth booking of the season.
      “It was a dreadful tackle from behind and the player should have been booked. It has cost (Anton) a lot of money because I have just fined him. It would have been avoided if the referee’s assistant had made a decision,” Warnock said.
      All of which should not obscure how Barton and Shaun Wright-Phillips helped mastermind the latest phase of the Tony Fernandes revolution.
      If they were frivolous in wasting chances against Newcastle on Monday night, they were clinical in the extreme against a Wolves defence which was nowhere near adequate enough to cope with them.
      Barton’s first goal for the club, the result of a miscued cross from Wright-Phillips, set the platform for a second away victory and a memorable day which Rangers supporters revelled in chanting “is there a fire drill?” as Wolves fans spilled from their seats well before the final whistle.
      “It was as complete a performance you are going to get away from home. All the new players have raised the levels in training by 30 to 40 per cent,” said Warnock.
      The phenomenal speed with which Malaysian owner Fernandes has provided the funds for new players and the equally speedy manner in which Warnock has integrated as many as seven new faces into such a cohesive unit is impressive and few were more influential than Barton, according to his manager: “He is effervescent and that rubs off on the others.
      “If we were playing dominoes he would want to beat me and I am glad he has his history because we might not have been able to get him and he would be at a top four club.”
      McCarthy was equally eager to put one over on his old Barnsley team-mate, whose boots he had to clean at Oakwell as an apprentice.
      The bonhomie between the pair had been a backdrop to the event and the generosity flowed in both directions, but nothing matched the munificence of his Wolves defenders as McCarthy’s team were a shadow of the side which had performed so impressively, despite losing to Spurs, the previous weekend.
      The Wolves manager had been preaching for weeks to keep collective feet on the ground and Richard Stearman looked to have remained too grounded, which was the reason for the poor header that was punished by Alejandro Faurlin’s instant, clinical volley from the edge of the area.
      McCarthy said, “I don’t know why we were so poor. It is hard to put my finger on it atthe moment. It is not like us at all,”
      Substitute DJ Campbell provided the final flourish with a close-range finish.
      The previous time the two sides met, Wolves celebrated their return to the Premier League with a Sylvain Ebanks-Blake goal.
      If they continue to perform as woefully as they did here, they will have an incredible battle on their hands to retain that hard-won status. But at least they are not scheduled to face Barton again until February.

The 3-0 gesture was a laugh, after he was taunted by fans when Henry scythed him down.  If they can give it, they have to take it back as well.

As for the Twitter comments, he was responding to McCarthy doing him down and he is clearly not accusing Mick of taking drugs.  As for Henry comments, that is just funny.  At least didn't respond on the pitch (well not much).

Played very well by all accounts, looked good on MoTD.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Re: The "What's Joey Barton done now?" thread
      Reply #1: Sep 18, 2011 03:52:04 pm
      Love the title haha.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #2: Sep 18, 2011 04:30:42 pm
      Basically said he and Henry don't like each other on Goals on Sunday.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Started Topic

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #3: Sep 18, 2011 09:32:54 pm
      Basically said he and Henry don't like each other on Goals on Sunday.

They did a good job of keeping it quiet ;)
      TKIDLLTK
      • Started Topic

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #4: Sep 21, 2011 10:41:30 pm
      Queens Park Rangers captain Joey Barton insists Gervinho ruckus halted potential move to Arsenal
      Queens Park Rangers captain claims he could have moved to Arsenal in the transfer window but for his clash with Gervinho.

Barton joined QPR on a free transfer from Newcastle just before the transfer deadline but he believes he could have ended up in north London instead if he had not clashed with Arsenal forward Gervinho on the opening day of the season.
      The former Manchester City star provoked a clash with Gervinho that led to the Ivory Coast player being sent off during Newcastle's 0-0 draw against Arsenal at St James' Park.
      Barton dragged Gervinho to his feet after he appeared to dive in the penalty area and the midfielder then made a theatrical fall after being pushed by the Arsenal star.
      Barton is sure that ended any hopes of joining Arsenal and he told BBC Sport: "If I hadn't played against Arsenal on the first day, I may have signed for them.
      "There were a couple of conversations with Wenger but that's different to actually signing.

"The Gervinho incident happened and there's nothing I can do about it now. If it happened again, I'd like to think I'd deal with it differently.
      "Things happen for a reason and there's a lesson to be learnt from it. Right now, we sit above Arsenal in the table – hopefully that's the case in May."
      Barton says he had several clubs interested in him after he was made available on a free transfer by Newcastle for criticising the way the club was being run.
      He added: "There were a couple of offers on the table but now I'm really happy to be at QPR and in London. We play an expansive and exciting brand of football and can hopefully surprise a few people this season."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8779980/Queens-Park-Rangers-captain-Joey-Barton-insists-Gervinho-ruckus-halted-potential-move-to-Arsenal.html

You have got to admire Barton's modesty... ;D

I said at the time that he would have been good for them though.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #5: Sep 21, 2011 10:46:29 pm
      He's one f***in arrogant c**t him. He thinks it's the Joey barton show - perfectly illustrated on Goals on Sunday where no matter who or what they were talking about it always came back to himself.

If I was a mod I'd insert into the rules a 'no threads about cu*ts' rule and lock this.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Started Topic

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #6: Sep 21, 2011 10:48:16 pm
      He's one f***in arrogant c**t him. He thinks it's the Joey barton show - perfectly illustrated on Goals on Sunday where no matter who or what they were talking about it always came back to himself.

If I was a mod I'd insert into the rules a 'no threads about cu*ts' rule and lock this.

What would you do about the manc thread...? ;)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #7: Sep 21, 2011 10:52:35 pm
      Mate, I started the manc thread!
      TKIDLLTK
      • Started Topic

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #8: Sep 21, 2011 10:56:15 pm
      Mate, I started the manc thread!

That has to violate the no threads about cu*ts rule ;)
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #9: Sep 21, 2011 10:57:19 pm

Are you aware of his twitter campaign for the hillsborough petition changed many reds opinion of him, massive respect.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #10: Sep 21, 2011 11:04:18 pm
      He's a sneaky c**t though him.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #11: Sep 21, 2011 11:13:08 pm
      Are you aware of his twitter campaign for the hillsborough petition changed many reds opinion of him, massive respect.

Credit to him for that by all means.

I'm with Gow on this though, still a c**t.

Having said that I like the thread because it'll allow me to say c**t a lot, which is good.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Started Topic

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #12: Oct 17, 2011 10:25:01 pm
      Top stuff from Barton, attending the Hillsborough debate.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
      Hopefully the government give the Hillsborough families, what they've always sort today...... #jft96
      12 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

"BIG BIG THANK YOU TO: @steverotherammp @andyburnhammp @alison_mcgovern @johnmannmp for the fight for justice! #YNWA #JFT96"
      6 minutes ago

How @SteveRotheramMP held it together, ill never know. Fair play to the man, honoured to know him.....its been a long day, goodnight people
      9 minutes ago

@
      @MrDanDavies just happy to of been able to help.
      12 minutes ago

I've actually just started crying listening to @SteveRotheramMP close. I tried to hold it together, its been an emotional day.......
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13: Oct 17, 2011 10:42:48 pm
      I've finally figured it out, Joey Barton is Mac Red ;D
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #14: Oct 17, 2011 10:45:06 pm
      I'm surprised he hasn't started his own Joey Barton forum.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #15: Oct 18, 2011 12:42:57 am
      I've finally figured it out, Joey Barton is Mac Red ;D

Even Joey's not that arrogant. ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #16: Dec 29, 2011 06:14:15 am
      He's had a baby (well his wife has) http://yfrog.com/ob47jyrj

Cassius Joseph Barton
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #17: Dec 29, 2011 06:38:15 am
      Touchee Rodders,that quote touches the heart strings.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #18: Dec 29, 2011 06:03:08 pm
      He's had a baby (well his wife has) http://yfrog.com/ob47jyrj

Cassius Joseph Barton

Cassius? The same as David Hayes son?

He's an enigma, wrapped in a quandary and locked in a box of mysteriousness Mr Barton ain't he?

Also known as 'a cock'.
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #19: Dec 30, 2011 03:11:25 pm
      He really baffles me. He's constantly promoting the justice campaign and seems very likeable in interviews, but he gets on like a first class knob on the pitch and on nights out apparently!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #20: Dec 30, 2011 03:47:03 pm
      Cassius? The same as David Hayes son?

He's an enigma, wrapped in a quandary and locked in a box of mysteriousness Mr Barton ain't he?

Also known as 'a cock'.
      The rather informal second description is more fitting, the admirable literary silhouette is wasted on the confirmed pr**k that Barton is.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #21: Dec 30, 2011 04:42:40 pm
      The rather informal second description is more fitting, the admirable literary silhouette is wasted on the confirmed pr**k that Barton is.

He's a philosiphicator nowadays ya know?

Can't argue with his logical misconceptions any more. ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #22: Jan 02, 2012 03:54:24 pm
      RorySmithTimes Rory Smith
      Oh, Joey. Barton sent off. Barrage of gags about how headbutting/punching (no replays) is a form of greeting in Huyton forthcoming.

Ha ha ha ha!!

Quick Reply