Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The "What's Joey Barton done now?" thread

Read 13709 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: The "What's Joey Barton done now?" thread
      Reply #69: Jan 14, 2013 09:51:17 pm
      Make what you may of that but thats box office Twitter right there.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #70: Jan 14, 2013 09:59:53 pm
      Make what you may of that but thats box office Twitter right there.

Haha box office Twitter.  :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #71: Jan 14, 2013 10:42:00 pm
      Oh the irony of Joey trying to slag off Didi's life!!

HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #72: Jan 14, 2013 11:36:27 pm
      Joey Barton and Dietmar Hamann trade insults in vicious Twitter row
      Sachin Nakrani
      guardian.co.uk, Monday 14 January 2013 23.08 GMT

They were once team-mates at Manchester City but now Joey Barton and Dietmar Hamann have become Twitter enemies following a lengthy, vicious and, at times, hilarious row between the pair on the social media site.

The spat kicked off after Barton sent out a tweet in which he claimed his Marseille team-mate Loïc Rémy had "signed for QPR". Barton being Barton, however, he could not leave it there and, querying why the France forward had appeared to have pulled out of a long-mooted move to Newcastle, he added: "probably Llambas [sic] again!" in reference to the north-east club's managing director, Derek Llambias.

Bringing back memories of his days at Liverpool, Hamann then stuck the boot in, telling Barton to "do yourself a favour and stay out of club politics QPR and NUFC have paid you well for playing not to commentonrecruitment".

Bringing back memories of his days at most of the clubs he has played for, Barton launched back aggressively, tweeting: "trying to give me stick you cheeky man. Get your own life in order first... #peopleinglasshouses".

Back came Hamann with: "I never said a bad word about my ex clubs and I never will as that's called respect and dignity Joseph. You got a lot to learn", before Barton went in two-footed with: "what about they way I seen you prepare for a game. That dignified? Worst pro I've ever seen Youve got more front than Harrods" and "only cos your trying your b*llocks off to get a job now your skint. Don't try a be all self righteous u blert. I know u!"

Hamann, who played with Barton at City during the 2006-2007 season, has admitted in the past to having a gambling problem that "one night cost me over £200,000" and, during Monday evening's Twitter row, admitted he "loved a pint", but he denied other, stronger accusations from Barton, instead telling his one-time City team-mate to "light a candle for [Tony] Fernandes [the QPR chairman] and Llambias every day for paying you that money".

To that, Barton replied with: "Not having idiots like you talking like u actually have a clue!", having challenged Hamann, in the same tweet, to "have it out publicly".

Showing a tad more class, Hamann responded with: "The problem is that you think because you play in France you think you are an international player #farfromit".

The argument ran on and on, with Barton calling Hamann a "maggot" and the former Germany international sarcastically referring to the Huyton-born 30-year-old as an "England international". In total, there were more than 50 tweets exchanged between the pair, with Barton's final message containing the sort of crass oddness he has become renowned for using on Twitter: "Disappointed in myself for getting involved in that. But never let a dog try to tell u its not a dog an that u are! A dogs a F***ing dog..."

To that, Hamann's replied with: "I'm chuffed to be a dog in your eyes ... i hope you can look in the mirror tomorrow".

The world awaits the next instalment of this 140-character slag-off.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/14/joey-barton-dietmar-hamann-twitter?CMP=twt_gu
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #73: Jan 15, 2013 07:46:02 am
      No time for Barton.

Plenty for the kaiser.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #74: Jan 15, 2013 07:54:27 am
      No time for Barton.

Plenty for the kaiser.
      Ditto to that Shabs.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #75: Jan 15, 2013 11:19:27 am
      Barton "apologised" this morning after sleeping on it.

Basically he realised everyone seen he was a dick and he's back tracking now.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #76: Jan 15, 2013 08:45:34 pm
      Barton "apologised" this morning after sleeping on it.

Basically he realised everyone seen he was a dick and he's back tracking now.

Joey just figured that out this morning?

And they say you can't teach an old dawg new tricks....
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #77: Jan 16, 2013 09:05:10 pm
      What a strange boy Joey is...

Apologies to Dietmar Hamann

On Monday evening tweets exchanged between Dietmar Hamann and I went beyond the boundaries of banter, opinion and common sense.

I accept that my comments were offensive, untrue and related to matters of a personal nature, of which I had no knowledge.

I have apologised to Dietmar personally and now wish to apologise through the same social media channels that I used to make them, as well as my own website.

I appreciate my comments have caused Dietmar and his family some distress and I fully regret that.
      I also appreciate that my comments should not have been made, as they could have damaged Dieitmar’s reputation, which should  remain intact as a fantastic player and ambassador for German Football, as well as the game in general.

Dietmar and I have now agreed to draw a line under the unfortunate exchange and neither of us will be making any further comments on the subject.

http://www.joeybarton.com/apologies-dietmar-hamann/

If Didi has accepted the apology then fair enough. It's mad how Barton can go from the vile crap he was saying on Monday to that... what must go on in his head?

And also... why the hell has he got his own website!? :D
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #78: Jan 17, 2013 09:06:33 pm
      Didi was twice the player and is twice the man!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #79: Jan 17, 2013 09:16:05 pm
      What a strange boy Joey is...

Apologies to Dietmar Hamann

On Monday evening tweets exchanged between Dietmar Hamann and I went beyond the boundaries of banter, opinion and common sense.

I accept that my comments were offensive, untrue and related to matters of a personal nature, of which I had no knowledge.

I have apologised to Dietmar personally and now wish to apologise through the same social media channels that I used to make them, as well as my own website.

I appreciate my comments have caused Dietmar and his family some distress and I fully regret that.
      I also appreciate that my comments should not have been made, as they could have damaged Dieitmar’s reputation, which should  remain intact as a fantastic player and ambassador for German Football, as well as the game in general.

Dietmar and I have now agreed to draw a line under the unfortunate exchange and neither of us will be making any further comments on the subject.

http://www.joeybarton.com/apologies-dietmar-hamann/

If Didi has accepted the apology then fair enough. It's mad how Barton can go from the vile crap he was saying on Monday to that... what must go on in his head?

And also... why the hell has he got his own website!? :D

Joey has still got demons in that head of his. He can quote as many great philosophers as he likes but at the end of the day he's still got that anger inside him and at any stage he is capable of blowing a fuse.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #80: Jan 17, 2013 09:28:52 pm
      He can quote as many great philosophers as he likes but at the end of the day he's still got that anger inside him and at any stage he is capable of blowing a fuse.

Just another faux intellectual. If you read the stuff on his website, he comes across as being quite intelligent but then when you see the stuff he writes in a Twitter argument when he hasn't got time to check and double check what he's written or copy and paste other people's phylosophies, you see what level he's really at.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #81: Apr 03, 2013 11:53:50 pm
      Called Thiago Silva overrated before taking it back after his great game against Barca. Then goes on to call him a ladyboy. Wtf is wrong with that guy?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #82: Apr 04, 2013 01:43:53 am
      Called Thiago Silva overrated before taking it back after his great game against Barca. Then goes on to call him a ladyboy. Wtf is wrong with that guy?

He's a bit of a tw*t at times!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #83: Apr 04, 2013 10:57:11 am
      Surely there should be an award for the post with the biggest understatement of the year.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #84: Apr 04, 2013 11:11:56 am

This is way down the list of twattyness Joey Barton is capable of. The French with their croissants, funny hats and weirdness in general wouldn't know a tw*t if it smacked them in the gob, they might just correct that situation if they hang on to Joey Barton.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #85: Apr 04, 2013 06:57:00 pm
      FootballFacts101 ‏@FootballFact101  1h 
      Joey Barton is summoned by the French soccer federation's Ethics Committee after he called Thiago Silva an "overweight ladyboy" on Twitter.

Well it made me laugh anyway :).

Quick Reply