Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Gears of War 3

Read 2954 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Gears of War 3
      Sep 21, 2011 06:39:20 pm
      Just watching my housemate playing Gears of War 3, it came in the post today.

I think you pretty much know what you're getting if you've played the first two but this one seems even more slick and, so far, the scenery is a bit more 'Earth-like'. The weapons all look familiar but I'm sure there will be new ones as you progress. Plenty of different types of aliens have appeared already.

All-in-all, it looks pretty damn good! Shame I can't afford it, can't wait until he next goes to work  :f_whistle:
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Re: Gears of War 3
      Reply #1: Sep 21, 2011 06:40:54 pm
      I got it yesterday.

Agreed, feels a lot better than the previous two, and looks a lot better too.

Will need to have a go online though, it's meant to be immense.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #2: Sep 21, 2011 07:41:04 pm
      I only briefly played the online modes on 1 & 2 but I'm watching him in a 4 player co-op game now. You know the ones where you have to face Horde waves? Again, it looks pretty damn good!
      He's in some kind of warehouse-like building and between waves, you get the chance to buy certain items such as guard posts and barriers to strengthen your position. Some hard b***ard aliens!
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #3: Sep 21, 2011 10:18:29 pm
      I only briefly played the online modes on 1 & 2 but I'm watching him in a 4 player co-op game now. You know the ones where you have to face Horde waves? Again, it looks pretty damn good!
      He's in some kind of warehouse-like building and between waves, you get the chance to buy certain items such as guard posts and barriers to strengthen your position. Some hard b***ard aliens!

Sounds F***ing awesome to me!
      Pretty sure COD are having something like that in MW3 as well, although Gears is the original. Will definitely be on this later!
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #4: Sep 22, 2011 10:52:39 pm
      Was playing online all day! F***ing immense online!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #5: Sep 22, 2011 10:55:27 pm
      My housemate has been in bed all day after playing it online all night!  :laugh:

I'd love to get it and join in but I just can't justify paying out for it now when I'm going to be buying BF3 soon. At least he doesn't mind me playing his copy when he's at work.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #6: Sep 23, 2011 12:26:22 am
      Going to probably get it later this year, if I can afford it.
      Bier
      Reply #7: Sep 25, 2011 10:08:18 pm
      Good game, the campaign is epic. Played Beast Mode all evening with my mates today, brilliant fun!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #8: Sep 26, 2011 09:30:55 am
      My housemate was working last night so I had a go of the campaign. I had to force myself to quit in the end or I would have been up all night! As you said, Bier, it's epic. Very much the same gameplay style as the previous GoWs but the latest Unreal Engine that it runs on is immense, it's much smoother and the detail levels, even at distance are excellent.
      Haven't played it online yet, I was too immersed in the campaign but I'm assured it's brilliant.
      Bier
      Reply #9: Sep 26, 2011 06:02:24 pm
      You should try Beast mode when you play online Reprobate, it's so much fun!

Gears of War 3 - Beast Mode Gameplay (Xbox 360)
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #10: Sep 27, 2011 07:09:46 am
      Brilliant Game.

Got it on the First Day. They Need To Fix the Matchmaking. It Sucks. Takes me around 10 minutes to Find a Game. Haven't Touched Campaign Yet. My Friends Got Exams Right Now. So Holding for a Bit Now.

5 Player Horde and Beast is Immense.
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #11: Sep 27, 2011 08:02:45 am
      absolutely love this game!! Playing the campaign first and will move to the online scene once Im done.. I live in India so hope the matchmaking doesn't take too long..
      Bier
      Reply #12: Sep 27, 2011 09:06:59 am
      They Need To Fix the Matchmaking. It Sucks. Takes me around 10 minutes

Strange, I haven't had any issues at all.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #13: Sep 27, 2011 05:51:02 pm
      Strange, I haven't had any issues at all.
      My Net Speed is 512 KBPS and a Ping over 300 ms. Me and My Friends have to wait around 5 to 10 minutes to get into a match.

Whats Your Gt Mate?
      absolutely love this game!! Playing the campaign first and will move to the online scene once Im done.. I live in India so hope the matchmaking doesn't take too long..
      Hold on, I live in India too. Matchmaking is a Pain. Multiplayer is Fantastic. Already Nearing Level 50. I'll Start a Campaign Then with my Peeps.
      Bier
      Reply #14: Sep 27, 2011 06:07:38 pm
      My Net Speed is 512 KBPS and a Ping over 300 ms. Me and My Friends have to wait around 5 to 10 minutes to get into a match.

Whats Your Gt Mate?
      Hold on, I live in India too. Matchmaking is a Pain. Multiplayer is Fantastic. Already Nearing Level 50. I'll Start a Campaign Then with my Peeps.
      Ok, that explains it. My speed is 25 mbps amd about 10 ms ping.

Sorry, I don't post my gamertag online. Only have RL friends in my friendlist, and keeping it like that.
      « Last Edit: Sep 27, 2011 06:28:04 pm by Bier »

Quick Reply