Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Brighton fans perspective of the game & general questions for LFC fans.

Read 4607 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Brighton fans perspective of the game & general questions for LFC fans.
      Reply #23: Sep 22, 2011 03:41:50 pm
      ;D

Is that really you this time?* That seemed a little bit too funny for you. ;P

Not as funny as pretending its a lighthouse whilst playing with your boats in the bath. ;D

Ermmm back on Topic.

Craig Noone is a scouser isn't he, looked very bright and direct last night wouldn't mind seeing what he could do in teh premiership week in and week out if Brighton gets promoted.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #24: Sep 22, 2011 05:19:30 pm
      .....OK.

We'll take the 22,500 seats now ..... an option on the others ..... if you chuck in the cheerleaders as well.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #25: Sep 22, 2011 05:35:19 pm
      I went yesterday I think if you go up your going to have to sort out the transport cause it's a joke for a new stadium.

How did you get out?

We got the train back to Brighton.  Sure - it looked a massive queue, but probably only in it for 20 minutes or so.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #26: Sep 22, 2011 06:42:58 pm
      From the TV looked like a really nice venue, the grounds were great, fan's were loud and supportive and the team gave a fine accounting of itself. If I was a Brighton fan I would wake up this morning feeling good about my club and its future.

And again can only applaud the local fans for they're enthusiasm and how they conducted themselves towards their team and the visiting team, many a PL club could learn a lesson from them.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #27: Sep 22, 2011 06:51:53 pm
      There seemed to be a lot less angst from the Brighton fans than usual for a championship side. It seems every game we play these days you hear distasteful chanting, but didn't hear anything last night, thing the worst it got was "the referees a scouser". ;D

When you look at the disgraceful antics of the Scum V Leeds Scum match, and compare with our game yesterday, the atmosphere seems a world apart, yet the noise created was very similar.
      seagulls
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #28: Sep 22, 2011 07:15:35 pm
      The only bad-ish thing I have to say about our new home is what many of the away fans say to. 1) its right on the edge of brighton with the only thing near it is fields.
      2) no stadium parking for away fans (only about 500 for home fans which cost £350 ish a season)
      so fingers cross we sort out the transport side of things for next season and if we do get into the prem we must sort it out with out a doubt plus the fact the stadium will be even bigger it is a must, I think if our owner had his own way he would build some sort of multi story car park to fit a few thousand cars in but because the land all around it is owned by the uni across the road and class as an area of out standing natual beuty and all that tosh its not going to happen unless it is built underground, it dont help that we have the green party down here now either.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #29: Sep 22, 2011 07:56:14 pm
      The Green party, don't they support Celtic ?

Seriously, i like most watched it on the goggle box and i must admit your stadium looks very impressive, i agree that we should have finished Brighton off before the break, to be honest Brighton were superb 2nd half and certainly gave the Redmen a few things to worry about,the lad Noone had a blinder as with one or two others, in Gus Poyet you have a excellent manager who will take you into the Prem if he is not headhunted, in the end i thought we did enough to go through, good luck with the rest of your season and hopefully we will meet again in the top flight next season.   YNWA
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #30: Sep 22, 2011 08:19:13 pm
      I think if our owner had his own way he would build some sort of multi story car park to fit a few thousand cars in but because the land all around it is owned by the uni across the road and class as an area of out standing natual beuty and all that tosh its not going to happen unless it is built underground

We have that problem also  :D
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #31: Sep 23, 2011 01:52:46 pm
      1. The stadium, how does it compare to other stadiums you have been to mainly prem stadiums ?

Its always sad to see old stadiums disappear to be replaced by sterile new builds, but it did look like some thought had been put in to it, the stadium was a good design with decent acoustics its irregular shape was aesthetically pleasing. Then again it would be a bit disappointing if you had spent £100 mill and it had been sh*te  ;)

2. The seats, did you like the space and comfort of them ?

The padded seating was spot on couldn’t wait to sit down at half time ;) I have never had so much leg room. I fear for it if you have Leeds visiting tonight

3. How did you get here ?

We got a cab £15 from the front which was a bit on the steep side, some what compensated for by the free train journey back

4. was it hard to find the stadium ?

Taxi Driver seemed to know where he was going ;)

5. Stewards, what were they like?

Stewards’ were all decent and helpful

6. Pies, how do you rate them ? 7. beers on offer, any good ?

Queues were a bit long when we arrived so didn’t sample any ale or food. One negative was I couldn’t find a program seller who had any left

8. Our fans, how do they compare to other teams?

Fair play it was a good atmosphere; do they get up for it the same at every game? Sadly Anfield can sometimes be a totally different atmosphere depending on the opposition. You need to stop all that Aaaaarh you sh*t on the goal kicks though ???

9. The big screens and surround sound any good ?

Not for me it would be a bit big for my lounge wall. They had some useful replays which were good, although when we scored the second we all stopped celebrating earlier than normal and turned around to watch the replay. Sound system was good you could hear Jimmy plain as day at half time

10. Our best player from last night, who do you think it was?

I think they got it right with Noone he had Pepe well beaten when he rattled the bar and was a constant thorn in our side.

11. were you happy with the result ?

You have to be pleased with any win, I would like to have seen it done and dusted in the first half as we had enough chances and fair play you could have had a few yourselves.

12. Do you think we could have a chance for promotion any time soon ?

I reckon you should have a good shout of the play offs, its hard to say not knowing if your lads raised their game for this match or whether they perform to that level every week. It certainly was refreshing to see them knocking the ball about and playing good football. I gather quite a few players were rested for tonight’s game so it will be interesting to see if some struggle to get their place back for tonight.

Good luck with the rest of the season and keep hold of Gus and you’ll be in with a chance, you could always tell he was the brain of the outfit when in was second in command to Wise.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #32: Sep 23, 2011 04:06:34 pm
      1. The stadium, how does it compare to other stadiums you have been to mainly prem stadiums?

It reminded me a little bit of the DW Stadium. As Venison says though, the acoustics were really good and it's a good size. The corners look really bare though. Seems a bit strange. All in all I was impressed and I believe it's a huge improvement to what you've been used to recently.

2. The seats, did you like the space and comfort of them ?

Very impressed before the game and at half time. Nice and comfy to sit on and decent leg space - non of this leaning back business when someone is walking past you.

3. How did you get here?
      4. was it hard to find the stadium?

Got the tranabain down. Stayed down the seafront and got a cab to the ground.

5. stewards, what were they like?

Preferred the cheerleaders.  ;)

6. pies, how do you rate them ?
      7. beers on offer, any good ?

Didn’t get chance to try any because of the ridiculous queues.

8. Our fans, how do they compare to other teams ?

Pretty good. Very vocal at times and and the majority of them seemed friendly enough.

9. the big sceens and surround sound any good ?

Big screens were good. Was enjoying seeing replays of chances there and then rather than waiting until I got home. Wasn’t overly impressed by the sound though. Sounded very distorted when the music came on. Hey dj, turn the bass down!

10. our best player from last night, who do you think it was ?

Noone had a good game I thought. Decent player.

11. were you happy with the result ?

Always happy with a win.

12. do you think we could have a chance for promotion any time soon ?

If you carry on playing high tempo footy on the deck like you did the other night, you’ve got a very good chance I reckon. Good luck for the rest of the season!

Quick Reply