Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who gets your Man of the Match vote?

Craig Bellamy
      (87.4%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (6.3%)
      Luis Suarez
      (3.1%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (0.8%)
      Martin Kelly
      (1.6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (0%)
      Someone else
      (0.8%)

Brighton 1-2 Liverpool: In-Game and Post Match Hurrah

Read 39911 times
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Re: Brighton 1-2 Liverpool: In-Game and Post Match Hurrah
      Reply #483: Sep 21, 2011 11:24:07 pm
      Very good first half, still a possession issue as shown in the second half, for some reason, we close down and make some rash tackles when other teams turn up the heat, let them into the box too easily and don't even produce a counter attack from that, although i think most of this is due to hoofing, we become too defensive and not defensive enough at the same time, we leave players standing around in midfield and when we regain possesion, we hoof it right over their heads and squander it

All in all though, good performance

I thought the balance was a little off between defence and midfield, at times they were too close and at other too far apart, and that's why possession was a bit of an issue.

I think the players did the job that was asked of them, but that we are bedding in new players in increments regarding positioning.

It showed tonight that the players who have played most this season (Carra, Lucas, Suarez) were the ones who held their position best - at times you could see both carra and lucas look around, point and give a little clap, trying to get players into position.

It looked at times as though we were playing 424 ;D, and whilst I love that on one level, it left us open 2nd half.

All in all a good result, but 2nd half could have been a lot better, and we really should have finished the game 1st half.

Neither Carroll or Suarez are poachers though, and I think we need one.
      Ah come on KIK ,she /he wasn"t that bad , actually chicks like that are so rare they can be hot. ;D

Oh sh*t, please no - at least it wasn't gordon brown ;)
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #484: Sep 21, 2011 11:26:10 pm
      I'll never get it myself, whatever leads them down that road they shouldn't be in an LFC forum. 2010 maybe but 2011 post the owl? Nah.

I've got another more revealing picture, would you like to see it?
      Go on,i"m always on for piccies wait until i get my trousers down. ;D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #485: Sep 21, 2011 11:29:31 pm
      Go on,i"m always on for piccies wait until i get my trousers down. ;D

All yours, knock yourself one out.

Georgina, Pre-Op:

Anyway, back to the match.

Not too bad tonight but I'm hoping for a bit more against wolves at the weekend. Got to say Pepe's looking a bit shaky at times.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #486: Sep 21, 2011 11:30:41 pm
      I love Bush >:D
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #487: Sep 21, 2011 11:31:46 pm

I was waiting for that ;)

More like a shrub tho...
      MsGerrard
      Reply #488: Sep 21, 2011 11:34:48 pm
      Shame that a winning match thread has to descend into petty arguments once again  :roll:

Leave it out in future will you lads.

I was very impressed with Craig Bellamy's performance tonight and was for me man of the match, I knew Brighton would give us a hard game and they did give us a few scares, but it shows the strength and depth in our squad that we could leave out the likes of Downing and Carroll, not miss the suspended Adam and although we looked a bit dodgy at the back on occasions, we got through in the end.

These are the kind of games that test the squad and its good that Kenny is giving some of the fringe players a chance to shine.

We ALL want a trip to Wembley in February  ;)

Lets hope we get a favourable home tie in the next round.

Well done tonight lads and how fab was it to see Mr Steven Gerrard back in a red shirt where he belongs on the pitch, welcome back Stevie, god, we've missed you.

Let's take Wolves apart now on Saturday and get back to winning ways in the League.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #489: Sep 21, 2011 11:35:57 pm
      Erm, anyway.

I reckon Poyet has got a bright future in management.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #490: Sep 21, 2011 11:37:38 pm
      Shame that a winning match thread has to descend into petty arguments once again  :roll:

Leave it out in future will you lads.

I thought we were agreed that Georgina wasn't too shrubby.

;)

Erm, anyway.

I reckon Poyet has got a bright future in management.

I think we'll be seeing him next year, if they don't come up I'll be surprised.
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #491: Sep 21, 2011 11:39:42 pm
      I thought the balance was a little off between defence and midfield, at times they were too close and at other too far apart, and that's why possession was a bit of an issue.

I think the players did the job that was asked of them, but that we are bedding in new players in increments regarding positioning.

It showed tonight that the players who have played most this season (Carra, Lucas, Suarez) were the ones who held their position best - at times you could see both carra and lucas look around, point and give a little clap, trying to get players into position.

It looked at times as though we were playing 424 ;D, and whilst I love that on one level, it left us open 2nd half.

All in all a good result, but 2nd half could have been a lot better, and we really should have finished the game 1st half.

Neither Carroll or Suarez are poachers though, and I think we need one.
      Definitely think our problems lie in communication between defence and midfield as our midfield and our forwards link up beautifully, our defenders at times seem to be trying to bypass midfield altogether, a shame cos some of our best players are midfielders, definitely some of our best chance-creators (Maxi ;), needs to play more), we shouldn't play get the ball to Carroll/Suarez and hopefully Bellamy will discourage that if he gets a few more games as he's been known to drop back and make runs; we've brought in wingers, a fantastic one in the case of Downing (I know he didn't play today), lets use them
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #492: Sep 21, 2011 11:50:19 pm
      Definitely think our problems lie in communication between defence and midfield as our midfield and our forwards link up beautifully, our defenders at times seem to be trying to bypass midfield altogether, a shame cos some of our best players are midfielders, definitely some of our best chance-creators (Maxi ;), needs to play more), we shouldn't play get the ball to Carroll/Suarez and hopefully Bellamy will discourage that if he gets a few more games as he's been known to drop back and make runs; we've brought in wingers, a fantastic one in the case of Downing (I know he didn't play today), lets use them

I think that's perhaps because our defence isn't a settled one and we have to keep chopping and changing - a settled defense playing together week in and week out is the foundation of any team, and tonight Carra was the only player who you would call a regular this season.

I agree that Maxi needs to play more, and so does Kuyt - both of them bring an energy and technical side to our team that Henderson doesn't (Yet)

Bellamy was great, he just needs to rein his temper in a bit - his "tantrum" at the end could have got him a booking, and in turn that could cost us later in the season as they mount up (I say "tantrum only because I couldn't think of another word for it ;D )

All things considered, we more than deserved to go through, but we should have wrapped it up in the first half, when we were on fire.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #493: Sep 22, 2011 12:07:30 am
      Brighton's kit is tasty alright. Nice stadium too. The match on LFCtv now
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #494: Sep 22, 2011 12:32:20 am
      How was Gerrard's performance?
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #495: Sep 22, 2011 12:35:03 am
      How was Gerrard's performance?

Alright mate - 20 mins, neat and tidy, looks lean and fit and raring to go.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #496: Sep 22, 2011 12:36:22 am

Thanks. Think that probably warrants a start against Wolves, then? ;)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #497: Sep 22, 2011 12:47:31 am
      Solid performance by the guys tonight. Craig Bellamy was outstanding and deservedly gets his man of the match. It's great to have you back Craig.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #498: Sep 22, 2011 12:49:37 am

I'd go along with that assessment  :gt-happyup:

Oh yes....lets hope so Adryan  :)
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #499: Sep 22, 2011 01:00:05 am

At least 30-45 minutes - he looks leaner and fitter than I've seen him in a long time. Really quite ripped.

Match fitness is something else though - wouldn't be surprised if they'd had a game behind closed doors to test and sharpen him.

Not ready to start, but not far off - if he doesn't start saturday (if he does he'll get subbed) he'll be starting within a week or 2.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #500: Sep 22, 2011 01:16:42 am
       I thought we did OK and got the result agaist a decent side.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #501: Sep 22, 2011 01:45:11 am
      Finally back from the game,thought first half we were much better, but seem to tire again in the second half.Cracking atmosphere tonight!!
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #502: Sep 22, 2011 01:53:41 am
      Finally back from the game,thought first half we were much better, but seem to tire again in the second half.Cracking atmosphere tonight!!

The atmosphere came through even on a stream - fair play to them, they have cracking fans, a lovely ground (looked like) and a really good team, but if they want to play in the prem, they'll need a squad.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #503: Sep 22, 2011 02:01:17 am
      The atmosphere came through even on a stream - fair play to them, they have cracking fans, a lovely ground (looked like) and a really good team, but if they want to play in the prem, they'll need a squad.
      Totally right mate, they fans were great,put alot of premier league fans to shame.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #504: Sep 22, 2011 02:12:50 am
      What a bargain we got with bellamy,he gives his all.,we need more like him.I dont know wether its me or not but saurez is not as sharp as he was when he first arrived. Find that with a lot of players they are on fire the first ten or fifteen games and then motivation drops off.  But we got a monkey off our back today.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #505: Sep 22, 2011 02:14:30 am
      Through to the next round, that's all that matters.

Really enjoyed watching Luis and Craig up top today. They looked dangerous and quick every time they touched the ball.

Was a very nervy finish but we go through to Round 4 and Stevie got about 20 minutes. Can't ask for much more than that.

Quick Reply