Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Why are some fans being negative?

Read 19637 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Why are some fans being negative?
      Reply #230: Oct 02, 2011 07:39:45 pm
      Just woke up with a massive hangover but still smiling. Said it yesterday and will say it again today. I cannot believe how quiet this site has been after a derby win! I gaurantee it would be a different story if we lost.

Agreed. I aint been in here much, but that is due to us still not having internet. Just leaching off a neighbour now (that'll teach em for not having a password! :D )

Some of the certain negative types just do not know how to communicate when it's going good. Unless they have something to moan about, there's nothing to be said. Unfortunate, but whatever. I know i've been happy as F**k the last couple weeks - especially since yesterday - so im not gonna concern myself with any negativity.

2-0! 2-0! 2-0! ;D  :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0: :scarf: :food-smiley-005:
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #231: Oct 02, 2011 07:43:20 pm
      Agreed. I aint been in here much, but that is due to us still not having internet. Just leaching off a neighbour now (that'll teach em for not having a password! :D )

Some of the certain negative types just do not know how to communicate when it's going good. Unless they have something to moan about, there's nothing to be said. Unfortunate, but whatever. I know I've been happy as f**k the last couple weeks - especially since yesterday - so im not gonna concern myself with any negativity.

2-0! 2-0! 2-0! ;D  :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0: :scarf: :food-smiley-005:

And is right  :gt-happyup:
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #232: Oct 02, 2011 07:47:24 pm
      Sums up the true fans from sh*t-stirring w**ker wums.

Or... More likely, losses are inspected and analysed much more carefully than wins.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #233: Oct 02, 2011 08:10:42 pm
      Or... More likely, losses are inspected and analysed much more carefully than wins.

Mate as a scouse red, I can't bear to even watch the game again when we lose, let alone watch analyse it and F***ing moan. If we had lost yesterday I wouldn't just be in a bad mood yesterday I would be sick for weeks or at least until the next game or the next bitters F**k up.
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #234: Oct 02, 2011 08:30:24 pm
      And you're assuming that just because some fans are further away, they do not care as much? The only time I get annoyed at "negativity" is when people rubbish the side, blame referees and basically give up hope. Just the same as people down the local discuss what went wrong and what we need to do to improve when we lose.

Whereas when we win, (especially a derby) I, like I reckon alot of us on here, get fairly ballbagged and am in no fit state to come and post on the board.

Also, note I didn't say "moan"... Talking about the team you support and fans' ideas on how to improve isn't moaning, it only becomes that when people talk their own team down and end up fighting with each other.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #235: Oct 02, 2011 09:22:18 pm
      A lot of people are perceived as being negative when they're just being constructive. If you think the first half performance will be good enough you're deluding yourselves, I'm absolutely delighted with result and the effort shown in very hot conditions but our football wasn't great for long periods of time and I'd like to see some creativity added to the midfield, hence why I was suggesting Bellamy for Kuyt and Gerrard for Adam as we looked pedestrian in build up play and no real intricate passing going on.

That's just an observation not slating the team or being negative, it's constructive. We are too slow in midfield when we pair Lucas with Adam and Kuyt on the right. Kelly despite his industry didn't offer any real quality going forward, he has a fantastic attitude, drive and determination but needs to improve the technical side of his game as he's being seen as a one trick pony at the moment, if he can't knock it past his man and beat him for pace he offers little else. Thankfully he's very young and can learn this as he's bags of potential and I see him as a regular for many years to come but he's by no means a finished article yet. As much as it riles people to see negative posts about their team, it should also be given respect if it has weight to it, as should constructive posts, we're not at Manure's, Chavski or Shitty's standards yet but we're catching up fast and only with tweaking and improving in areas we're behind in will we close that gap further. So keep the results coming lads as compared to this time last year we're night and day but let's try to just have a bit more creativity and less pedestrian play in midfield please.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #236: Oct 02, 2011 10:05:36 pm
      A lot of people are perceived as being negative when they're just being constructive. If you think the first half performance will be good enough you're deluding yourselves, I'm absolutely delighted with result and the effort shown in very hot conditions but our football wasn't great for long periods of time and I'd like to see some creativity added to the midfield, hence why I was suggesting Bellamy for Kuyt and Gerrard for Adam as we looked pedestrian in build up play and no real intricate passing going on.

That's just an observation not slating the team or being negative, it's constructive. We are too slow in midfield when we pair Lucas with Adam and Kuyt on the right. Kelly despite his industry didn't offer any real quality going forward, he has a fantastic attitude, drive and determination but needs to improve the technical side of his game as he's being seen as a one trick pony at the moment, if he can't knock it past his man and beat him for pace he offers little else. Thankfully he's very young and can learn this as he's bags of potential and I see him as a regular for many years to come but he's by no means a finished article yet. As much as it riles people to see negative posts about their team, it should also be given respect if it has weight to it, as should constructive posts, we're not at Manure's, Chavski or Shitty's standards yet but we're catching up fast and only with tweaking and improving in areas we're behind in will we close that gap further. So keep the results coming lads as compared to this time last year we're night and day but let's try to just have a bit more creativity and less pedestrian play in midfield please.

Good post mate and it pretty much echoes my thoughts. Got the job done away in the derby and that is always a great achievement but the performance wasn't so special given we were a man up for most of the game. I was actually getting a bit worried that it wasn't gonna happen for the lads once we hit the 70 minute mark but a bit of inspiration from Enrique got us over the line. I don't tihnk it's being negative to say the performance wasn't great. The truth is if the game had finished 0-0 everyone would have been going mental in here.
      « Last Edit: Oct 02, 2011 10:11:42 pm by Scottbot »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #237: Oct 02, 2011 10:08:30 pm
      Kenny picks the team sets it up and works on th etactics for each game.We were robbed at Stoke so we have had 1 just 1 bad game so far in 7.how do you know we are too slow in midfield ?maybe thats the way Kenny wants to play keeping posession and pinning teams back in their own half.Lucas dosen't need to much pace to do  his job well and he does it very well now.Adam get about and puts in a good shift and was unlucky yesterday not to score one of the best ever Derby goals.
      Everygame is different and we will be changing players and tactics continually throughout the season. I dont think I am qualified to pull Kenny's teams or tactics apart so I will just carry one supporting the team and see where we end up.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #238: Oct 02, 2011 10:20:59 pm
      How do I know we're too slow in midfield, because I watch the game and that's my opinion. Our strikers get isolated too often, when we do cross the ball there aren't the numbers in there to give us a real threat often enough. When Carroll is in there on his own it'll take something special to score, that's how I know our midfield is too slow. I have no complaints with Lucas at all, he does his job and does it superbly, granted Charlie hit a decent shot and has nice set-piece delivery but I expect more from my creative midfielder.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Reply #239: Oct 02, 2011 10:45:24 pm
      Just wanna point a few things out that seem to be lost on people, which isn't actually their fault. A wool does not refer to any non-Scouse fan. Wool, in Scouse terms, is people from nearby areas such as Prescot, Formby, Southport bit further afield in Widnes, St Helens, Warrington. It's not a term for all non-Scouse fans.

Secondly, I still can't believe people are F***ing moaning, sorry being constructive, about the performance yesterday. It was the F***ing Derby at their ground. Derbies very rarely have great performances, it's fight more than flair. There's very rarely time on the ball to stand around for 5 minutes deliberating which pass it best and even rarer much space for others to move into. The performance was enough for the Derby, it's not about playing well and looking like Barcelona come those games it's about getting three points and the enjoyment of the bragging rights all round the city. We done a professional job, kept at them and finally broke them down with two very well taken goals.

People moaning, sorry being constructive, about Kelly can go and F***ing jump in the Mersey for alls I care. The lad put plenty of crosses in the box yesterday and very few were cut out by the first man. Any other day he could of ended up with three or four assists but due to Everton's tactics when down to ten men, they were compact in the box so it was hard for us to find space in and around the box. I also like Kelly for the fact that he can mix his crosses up, not every time does he take the easy option of looking for Carroll but he'll cut it back or drive it in to the near post. And just like other right backs we've had over recent years if the biggest complaint is his crossing then F**k me we have a great right back on our hands. Because a right back is there to defend first and foremost and the only thing people can nit pick on is his attacking. What a F***ing joke.

As for the question asked earlier on where the moaning bas**rds come from, is it Scouse or not? Depends on the subject really. There'll be Scousers who moan to high heavens on certain subjects and there'll be non-Scousers who moan just as much about others. So it is a mix of all fans.

But this shouldn't be getting talked about, we should all still be bouncing off the walls that we've just beat our biggest rivals in their own back yard. And that's as good as I'v felt all season. F***ing buzzing with the result. Still smiling now just thinking about it. If people wanna find fault in anything that was our doing yesterday, F**k off. Now is not the time for that and you're the fans I consider moaning bas**rds. If you can't enjoy beating Everton, our biggest and most local rival, without the need to nit pick and still moan (or be constructive or realistic whichever term suits you) then you're not part of the fan base I grew up with or part of the fan base I wish the next generation to listen to.

Beating Everton is enough, nothing else matters in those games. So stop finding fault and instead F***ing rejoice that we beat the bitters!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #240: Oct 02, 2011 10:56:39 pm
      Wools correct use of the term is derived from the dockers using sheep skins to protect their backs and is properly used to describe Liverpool dock workers, hence woolybacks.

Again people jump to the point of saying "jump in the mersey" when you constructively criticise someone, Kelly will be world class in time in my opinion but he needs to work on his technical side, if you can't admit that you're just blindly backing him which wouldn't help him in the long term. The lad is awesome and will be a future captain potentially but it doesn't stop me knowing that he needs to work on some parts of his game, don't react like I'm saying he's awful and doesn't deserve the shirt because what I'm saying is far from this and if you can't read it with the intention it's meant that's your problem.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Reply #241: Oct 02, 2011 11:07:59 pm
      Again people jump to the point of saying "jump in the mersey" when you constructively criticise someone, Kelly will be world class in time in my opinion but he needs to work on his technical side, if you can't admit that you're just blindly backing him which wouldn't help him in the long term. The lad is awesome and will be a future captain potentially but it doesn't stop me knowing that he needs to work on some parts of his game, don't react like I'm saying he's awful and doesn't deserve the shirt because what I'm saying is far from this and if you can't read it with the intention it's meant that's your problem.

What the F**k are you harping on about lad?

Did I say you think he's awful? No I F***ing didn't so get off your high horse. Did I say you believe he isn't fit for the shirt? No I F***ing didn't so again get off your high horse.

You're biggest F***ing gripe about a defender is his attacking, doesn't that tell you something? It tells me we have a F***ing quality right back on our hands. As I've already mentioned, his crossing really isn't an issue. If you think it is, maybe you should go and watch some of his games and you'll see plenty of fine crosses. Couple against Lyon that any player in the world would be proud of. Few times he cuts in on his left and still whips in a decent cross. His effort against Arsenal that smashed the post shows he has great technical ability considering the power it had, direction and it was slightly behind him. He's actually had quite a few decent digs for the club, on both feet which again proves his technical ability.

As I said, if you can't enjoy beating Everton without having to nit pick then you're not part of the fan base I grew up with or part of the fan base I want the next generation listening to. So ta ra from me.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #242: Oct 02, 2011 11:23:10 pm
      Being a bit sensitive there D.L.S. The comments about the performance not being so great were made in the context of the game being 11 vs 10 for 65 mins (or whatever it was). There's a risk that posters in here can become like the thought police sometimes. I think it's important for posters to be balanced and i'd also argue it's quite possible to be jubilant about the result but at the same time admit that the performance (given it was against 10) for much of the game looked liked it might not be enough. That was certainly the way I was thinking as the match unfolded.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Reply #243: Oct 02, 2011 11:29:31 pm
      Being a bit sensitive there D.L.S. The comments about the performance not being so great were made in the context of the game being 11 vs 10 for 65 mins (or whatever it was). There's a risk that posters in here can become like the thought police sometimes. I think it's important for posters to be balanced and i'd also argue it's quite possible to be jubilant about the result but at the same time admit that the performance (given it was against 10) for much of the game looked liked it might not be enough. That was certainly the way I was thinking as the match unfolded.

But so F***ing what?

It was the Derby, the performance is irrelevant in a Derby. It's about beating those bitter bas**rds in anyway possible and have the bragging rights until the next Derby.

But F**k it, I'm done moaning about people moaning tonight. I'm gonna enjoy me Derby win without the need to pick holes in my team.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #244: Oct 02, 2011 11:33:15 pm
      But so f**king what?

It was the Derby, the performance is irrelevant in a Derby. It's about beating those bitter bas**rds in anyway possible and have the bragging rights until the next Derby.

But f**k it, I'm done moaning about people moaning tonight. I'm gonna enjoy me Derby win without the need to pick holes in my team.

I see ya point dude I really do, particularly given your a scouser an it's the derby an ya got the next week to gloat about it to many a bitter! BUT, if we'd lost or drawn the game (I know we didn't) then it's the performance that gets ripped to pieces. But win the game and it's out of bounds? It seems a bit extreme to me there you have it.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #245: Oct 03, 2011 12:18:03 am
      I agree that people were going too far with the pessimistic posts and something needed to be said. I do however think that people should still be allowed to discuss the pro's and con's of the game without having to worry about having their ass ripped for being negative.

Some of the posts over the last few weeks have been disgraceful, but the majority for me have been within the bounds of acceptable for discussion.

I would rather read the honest views of people rather than a series of posts following the party line of all's well in Dodge City.

For me at the moment everything is coming up roses, we have a great manager, great owners ,great players who are getting great results, but if my opinion changes (which it often does), I would like to be able to voice my concerns in a reasonable manner rather than suffer in silence. 

As with most things if you don't like the "moaning b***ard" posts..... just ignore them.

Personally I prefer to read posts from people like DLS, but I think the forum would be a boring place without the alternative views as contrast.   

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #246: Oct 03, 2011 12:29:44 am

Personally, I will stop analyzing and criticizing our performances, once we reach the same level of play as in the March-May period of 2009 ... At the moment, we are probably somewhere at 60-70% of that level ... Still a long way to go ...
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #247: Oct 03, 2011 12:39:28 am
      Personally, I will stop analyzing and criticizing our performances, once we reach the same level of play as in the March-May period of 2009 ... At the moment, we are probably somewhere at 60-70% of that level ... Still a long way to go ...

What's your source this time. The paper's should be out by now to give you some input? Different team/manager/system than back in '09 look up your back catalogue to make some quote's. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #248: Oct 03, 2011 12:44:54 am

Just 2009, why not analyse us when we're playing like the greats of 88.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #249: Oct 03, 2011 12:48:06 am
      I think analyzing a performance or player and being constructive is not being negative, its beyond that boils my piss.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #250: Oct 03, 2011 12:52:27 am

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2008-2009/custom-table

Just 2009, why not analyse us when we're playing like the greats of 88.
      Different era of the game ... With the financial strength of our opponents, it is impossible to create such dominance ... If we are to win the title with our current owners, we would need to lift our game at 110%, just like we did in the spring of 2009 ... Of course, we would need to do that over the course of the entire season ...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #251: Oct 03, 2011 12:54:01 am
      I think analyzing a performance or player and being constructive is not being negative, its beyond that boils my piss.

Analysis is fine mate but some of the stuff on here this season has been ridiculous and there are too many who don't seem to take any pleasure in winning a football match.

As far as I'm aware football is about winning and while we all would like certain things to be different or improved we are only six points off the top with only two defeats so not really the time for negativity in my view.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #252: Oct 03, 2011 12:56:25 am

Sorry but thats the biggest load of complete F***ing bollocks i've read and you call yourself a Liverpool fan.

Spring 2009 Rafa had 5 and a half years to build his squad and I was and still am a Massive Fan of Rafa, but Kenny hasn't even had a year and your expecting his newly assembled squad 8 games in to perform at the same level, give your F***ing head a wobble daft lad.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2011 01:01:53 am by RedLFCBlood »

Quick Reply