Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Why are some fans being negative?

Read 19639 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Why are some fans being negative?
      Reply #253: Oct 03, 2011 12:57:44 am
      Analysis is fine mate but some of the stuff on here this season has been ridiculous and there are too many who don't seem to take any pleasure in winning a football match.

As far as I'm aware football is about winning and while we all would like certain things to be different or improved we are only six points off the top with only two defeats so not really the time for negativity in my view.

Spot on, especially the part in bold.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #254: Oct 03, 2011 01:02:05 am
      DLS you need to calm down when talking to other fans as that is simply disrespectful, I have no gripes with his crossing ability and the reasons why I said the "wear the shirt" comments is because you're reacting as if I'm calling him crap or useless. Kelly needs to improve technically, which means control and ability on the ball, not his crossing ability, his defensive ability or his heading ability. I actually think Martin is pushing Glen already for first choice on merit but to become truly world class he has to develop an extra edge to his attacking play other than knock and run as that quickly becomes predictable. This is neither unfair or overly critical of him, simply constructive and supportive so get a grip of yourself and realise I'm a fan of Kelly and want him to play for us for 10+ years but also realise to do so he needs to develop a little more, but for god sake at his age he will, but of course the sooner the better!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Reply #255: Oct 03, 2011 01:12:41 am
      Personally I prefer to read posts from people like DLS, but I think the forum would be a boring place without the alternative views as contrast.   

No problem with alternative views mate, just not after the Derby. Nothing but the result matters for the Derby. And we've still got people picking holes in us. Nah, not on that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #256: Oct 03, 2011 01:15:37 am
      Spot on, especially the part in bold.

That's the thing saint. It seems people would rather have a moan and bi*ch about players than celebrate a win. It's so quiet on here sometimes after a win but after a defeat some people can't wait to get on and tell everyone how it should be.

Now I understand that more can be analysed in a defeat but it would be nice if the same people could come on after a win and congratulate the lads.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #257: Oct 03, 2011 01:48:14 am
      Sorry but thats the biggest load of complete f**king bollocks I've read and you call yourself a Liverpool fan.

Spring 2009 Rafa had 5 and a half years to build his squad and I was and still am a Massive Fan of Rafa, but Kenny hasn't even had a year and your expecting his newly assembled squad 8 games in to perform at the same level, give your f**king head a wobble daft lad.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

You've almost got it this time, but as usual, you've missed the target in the last moment ... And actually, it was 4 and a half years ...

Personally, I will stop analyzing and criticizing our performances, once we reach the same level of play as in the March-May period of 2009 ... At the moment, we are probably somewhere at 60-70% of that level ... Still a long way to go ...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #258: Oct 03, 2011 09:41:21 am
      Personally, I will stop analyzing and criticizing our performances, once we reach the same level of play as in the March-May period of 2009 ... At the moment, we are probably somewhere at 60-70% of that level ... Still a long way to go ...

By you stating that you will stop analzying and crticising our performances until we reach the level we were playing under Rafa, you are by default saying "You expect us to be playing at that level and you will analyze and be criticial of the squad and kenny until they reach that level"

By stating we have a long way to go, shows you understand the squad is no where near that level at the moment but it won't stop you analyzing or being critical until they reach your desired level, even though you are aware that this is pretty much a new assembled squad that needs time to devlop and gel.

If that is not what you meant, then maybe you want to look at the context of your post, before you post it, because that is how it reads.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #259: Oct 03, 2011 09:47:30 am
      Think this topic needs a little break now - lots of ball swinging going on.

I think lots of people have now made their point - and I think we have all noticed the users who have been far less active in the post match derby celebrations thread.  It's there for everyone to see.

Like I said in a previous post - and has been proved true - those who moan incessantly simply cannot take as much joy from a victory as others.

Topic Locked for now.

Quick Reply