Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Iphone vs. Smartphone - suggestions please!

Read 4849 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Iphone vs. Smartphone - suggestions please!
      Reply #23: Oct 05, 2011 04:53:03 pm

4.3” qHD super LCD capacitive touch
      Sensation with high quality in-ear Beats headset (“iBeats” variant) that are Compact, have the Latest CPU power inside and are Discreet
      8 MP Camera with AF, 2x LED flash, VGA front camera and 1080p video recording in colour.
      Dual Core 1.5 Ghz processing giving you faster browsing, image rendering and 1080p video recording
      Motion G-Sensor with Gyroscope and Compass
      Audio DSP with SRS
      Dual Microphones with NS

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #24: Oct 05, 2011 04:56:26 pm
      I don't think the iPhone 4S is going to set the world on fire either by the sounds of it.

racer, have a read through this, mate. I've read a couple of similar comparisons and they both plump for the S2 over the Sensation:
      http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/htc-sensation-vs-samsung-galaxy-s2-961874
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #25: Oct 05, 2011 05:02:54 pm
      I don't think the iPhone 4S is going to set the world on fire either by the sounds of it.

racer, have a read through this, mate. I've read a couple of similar comparisons and they both plump for the S2 over the Sensation:
      http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/htc-sensation-vs-samsung-galaxy-s2-961874

Just read that rep and the S2 also came first in their top 20 phones.

My Desire HD was high in their list around 6 months ago but with so many new models it has dropped. Pity my contract is so long!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #26: Oct 05, 2011 05:05:53 pm
      My Desire HD was high in their list around 6 months ago but with so many new models it has dropped. Pity my contract is so long!
      Yeah, that's the problem. most of us have to go for 18 or 24 month contracts now because handsets are so expensive but with the rate at which technology is progressing, they can soon feel outdated.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Oct 05, 2011 05:06:54 pm
      HTC Sensation XE with Beats officially unveiled
      The Runnymede finally steps into the light
      MOBILE PHONES NEWSBy Gareth Beavis
      September 14th | Tell us what you think [ 0 comments ]

The new HTC Sensation XE
      HTC has uncovered another of its none-too-secret phones in the shape of the HTC Sensation XE with Beats.

The phone is the first to take advantage of the top-end audio technology that the Taiwanese company bought into heavily last month, and comes with the branded ear buds many will be familiar with.

On top of the Beats buds, the phone now sports a fancy red trim over the original HTC Sensation, and does indeed come with the upgraded dual-core 1.5GHZ processor (which we predicted after odd rumours the phone would be single core began to emerge in the guise of the Runnymede).

Auto-Dre
      The phone will automatically recognise official Beats hardware being plugged in, and switch to a tailored Beats by Dr Dre sound profile to help enhance the audio quality… odd that HTC would want to make a case for users to buy more Beats headphones, it's like it has a stake in the compa… ah, we see.

That upgraded CPU will be joined by an 'enhanced battery' according to HTC, which is good news for all those media junkies that will want to use their handset simply all the time, probably in cool underground warehouses or ballet dancing in a barn (or whatever the kids do these days).

The HTC Sensation XE European release date of 'late September' – so we're looking forward to bringing you our HTC Sensation XE review as soon as our little fingers can type it out.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #28: Oct 05, 2011 05:09:46 pm
      HTC has long had a problem with screen visibility in direct sunlight, and it seems that issue has continued somewhat with the Sensation. It's definitely a step up, as at medium brightness you can make out what's on the screen, but compare it to the iPhone 4's Retina Display or the Super AMOLED Plus of the Galaxy S2 and it's miles behind. However, the resolution is definitely a step forward, and the sharpness of the text is impressive.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #29: Oct 05, 2011 05:13:52 pm
      HTC has long had a problem with screen visibility in direct sunlight, and it seems that issue has continued somewhat with the Sensation. It's definitely a step up, as at medium brightness you can make out what's on the screen, but compare it to the iPhone 4's Retina Display or the Super AMOLED Plus of the Galaxy S2 and it's miles behind. However, the resolution is definitely a step forward, and the sharpness of the text is impressive.

That's my main and only real complaint with the Desire HD racer. The screen is almost unreadable in the sun and if the newer HTC are the same I would think about the Samsung.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #30: Oct 05, 2011 05:38:10 pm
      Not that it's often a problem in Ireland, but I think that seals it for me as well. :)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #31: Oct 05, 2011 06:19:16 pm
      Samsung Galaxy S II being ordered as I type.

Thanks for everyone's advice, which has received positive karma for your time and help!

Topic locked.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #32: Oct 06, 2011 12:44:50 am
      Good choice - very good choice.

Friend has one and he's very happy with it.

Apologies for negating the lock ;)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #33: Oct 06, 2011 04:52:37 am
      Good choice - very good choice.

Friend has one and he's very happy with it.

Apologies for negating the lock ;)

No worries, thanks again!

;D

Quick Reply