Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Wireless connection help!?

Read 1106 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Wireless connection help!?
      Sep 29, 2011 12:36:33 am
      Me and my 3 housemates have just moved into our new house in Liverpool. Earlier today we had delivered a virgin media/netgear router.

Now my 3 mates have all got their wireless connection up and running. Myself however, I am having to put up with using an ethernet cable directly from the router to my laptop due to not being able to connect wirelessly.

What the other 3 did was type in the "Passphrase" whereas I typed in the "WPS Key" which may or may not be the issue? (I'm useless at this sort of stuff)

When I unplug my ethernet cable, I am left with full signal "local" connection. However I cannot browse the internet at all.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I should do from this point in order to connect wirelessly to the internet? I've wasted the entire day trying to fix it but with no fecking luck!  :f_steam: :mad:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Wireless connection help!?
      Reply #1: Sep 29, 2011 04:11:35 am
      Try different USB ports.

Also, try different encryption. Ask your friends what encryption they're using (i.e. WPA-PSK, WPE, WPA2, etc).

Quick Reply