Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 678966 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Re: Steven Gerrard Player Thread
      Reply #4945: May 17, 2015 08:47:42 am
      Never seen one player drag a team through the sh*t on such a regular basis.

The best I've ever seen in world football, he had it all in his prime, noone could touch him and he left it all out on the pitch for us every single week.

Farewell Stevie, it will be a long time before we see his likes again.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #4946: May 18, 2015 09:36:26 am
      If I was Stevie G, I'd be glad to be leaving after having to play alongside this shower of sh*te this season. 35 years of age and still expected to lead the charge. Can't even finish his Anfield playing days with the dignity it deserved.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #4947: May 18, 2015 12:19:25 pm
      I remember his early games he was like a force of nature right from the start his energy was incredible and then i look at some of the performances of our young players now...they just aren't hungry enough Stevie spent 10 years waiting to get into this team and he made sure he was going to give everything every game.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #4948: May 18, 2015 12:20:03 pm
      If I was Stevie G, I'd be glad to be leaving after having to play alongside this shower of sh*te this season. 35 years of age and still expected to lead the charge. Can't even finish his Anfield playing days with the dignity it deserved.

your right but hasn't ended it as seasons top scorer?.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #4949: May 18, 2015 01:49:53 pm
      Just had to put up with Talksport muppets rattling on about how Lampard's stats make him the better player,  :mad: and how LFC and the BBC massively over-sentimentalised his last game at Anfield...?!  :f_wah:  No comparison...   

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #4950: May 18, 2015 02:07:41 pm
      Just had to put up with Talksport muppets rattling on about how Lampard's stats make him the better player,  :mad: and how LFC and the BBC massively over-sentimentalised his last game at Anfield...?!  :f_wah:  No comparison...   

Switch off mate.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #4951: May 18, 2015 02:23:16 pm

That's what you get for listening to TalkShite.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #4952: May 18, 2015 02:41:17 pm
      The man that made me a Liverpool fan now leaves the club,what can i say,i am devastated.
      I wanna thank him for making me a fan of this big club.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #4953: May 18, 2015 07:30:00 pm
      your right but hasn't ended it as seasons top scorer?.

Yes. Fair comment.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #4954: May 18, 2015 07:32:44 pm

To be fair, both Stevie and Frank were absolute top class in their heydays. But Lampard clearly had better players surrounding him most of the time.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #4955: May 18, 2015 08:16:01 pm
      To be fair, both Stevie and Frank were absolute top class in their heydays. But Lampard clearly had better players surrounding him most of the time.

If by most of the time you mean the last few years? Otherwise I think you are overvaluing Chelsea players or undervaluing some of the players that have laced up their boots with Stevie?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #4956: May 18, 2015 08:35:50 pm
      If by most of the time you mean the last few years? Otherwise I think you are overvaluing Chelsea players or undervaluing some of the players that have laced up their boots with Stevie?

Not at all. Just look at the trophy cabinets of the last decade. That says to me MOST of the players Lampard played with were better than their Liverpool counterparts, with the obvious exceptions.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4957: May 19, 2015 09:48:13 am
      Gutted for him. The lads couldn't even raise a yelp for our Stevie, the Man who has carried this Club for so long. Heartbraking stuff.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #4958: May 23, 2015 05:50:50 pm
      Probably the last time to write in his player thread , so cmon skipper give us one last rocket to chew over gee them lads up just once more even kick them in the ass if you got too, what a player to have watched down the years a genuine once in a generation footballing god .
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #4959: May 24, 2015 11:12:26 am
      The most exciting arc (to coin a phrase) of any player I've had the honour to watch develop. Ok I remember Mcmanaman and Fowler coming in and being so amazing it hurt my heart in a good way.
      Gerrard was at a level that could compete or even exceed the abilities of say for example Zidane.

I'm going to have to be truly honest about something though, I don't want to witness the decline and whatever injuries he had, I think it was his hamstrings, have took the power out of his shots and affected other things too obviously.

I don't want to end on a negative though, he is a 10 out of 10 ranking, no complaints whatsoever about the abilities or dedication this man has.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4960: May 24, 2015 01:39:55 pm
      And so the day is here. Hard to believe well not see him in that shirt again.

On a personal note I'd like to thank Stevie for all he's done. At times he's dragged this all too often mediocre side to the brink of the top by his ability and sheer desire to win. He had it all. The goals the vision the skill the leadership the work rate the ability to win balls he should never have won.

What a player. Won trophies surrounded by kromkamps traores biscans heskeys kewells etc makes you wonder how would he have looked and what would he have won with souness Rush dalglish Barnes Hansen molby alongside him

Thank you Stevie let's hope your back someday. Best of luck in the U.S. Legend. Walk on Stevie G
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #4961: May 24, 2015 01:50:17 pm
      Well another Hero goes. Lots of our heroes leave us to be replaced by another but this time who are we left with to fill the void.
      SOmetimes I thought the other players just had one thing in mind "give it to Stevie" and didnt perform as well as they could have,
      Some of his goals are a thing of beauty and power and they seemd to come when we needed them most.
      We lost Jamie and did not replace him we lost Luis and did not replace him but now we are losing Stevie and simply cannot replace him.
      He is the greatest ever to put on a RED shirt.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #4962: May 24, 2015 01:53:10 pm
      Thank you skipper

Enjoy today, I'm going to savour it

Steven Gerrard.. One of a kind
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #4963: May 24, 2015 01:56:31 pm
      A final salute to a true Legend that is Steven Gerrard , His winning mentality will hardly be seen again on the Anfield turf for some time to come . He's been surrounded by mediocrity for too long and it has drained him to the core . I'm surprised he hasn't a hump on his back from carrying the lot of them.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #4964: May 24, 2015 01:58:59 pm
      It's dawned on me, this is going to be emotional, tears may happen.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #4965: May 24, 2015 02:26:57 pm
      It's dawned on me, this is going to be emotional, tears may happen.

Dont forget the lump in the throat when you hear YNWA
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #4966: May 24, 2015 02:37:53 pm
      Steven Gerrard.

Thank you.

That is all.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,500 posts | 233 
      Reply #4967: May 24, 2015 04:58:15 pm
      Thank you legend, the best footballer for Liverpool I have been greatful to see in my lifetime (and probably the greatest ever for this club)

Quick Reply