Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 672525 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool -> LA Galaxy)
      Reply #5060: Jul 18, 2015 04:45:38 pm
      I'd never be back home if it was me Debs.

That's true enough for me too mate but they'd need to turn the sun down a bit, I don't do heat very well  ;D

This all the live long day

He'll be our manager in the future. Not sure if he'll be a success or not, but he'll be back as manager one day.

Makes me feel all nice and warm inside just knowing that :D

I'm not sure he'll ever be Manager mate but he'll definitely be back.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #5061: Jul 18, 2015 05:06:26 pm
      So he played just behind keane straight from the start and occasionally deeper
      He had 2 or 3 long and surging runs which were great to witness but the old zip just wasn't there.
      He clearly enjoyed himself and you can tell his galaxy team mates were a little in awe of him at first and then started to relax and understand how to play with him.
      With Giovanni Dos Santos arriving soon then I expect Stevie to drop a bit deeper.
      I have tickets to all his home games this season.
      Looking forward to New York City coming here with Lampard, Pirlo and Villa!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #5062: Jul 18, 2015 05:14:08 pm
      Wore his Liverpool shin pads for the game as well.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #5063: Jul 18, 2015 05:20:35 pm
      He sure did.
      He knew exactly what he was doing when he took them off at half time as he strode off the pitch.
      All planned out to have the LFC badge get some of the spotlight.
      Gotta love the fella even more
      Have to admit I only watched him for the entire 2 and a half hrs.
      Got there early to watch the warm ups!
      It was magical and honestly found myself slightly welling up.
      One of the best nights of my life to be in my adopted home town, see one of the greatest players in our history alongside another fellow red in Robbie keane, be sat next to my beautiful American wife and be surrounded by fellow Liverpool expat supporters. Wonderful wonderful night in Los Angeles
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5064: Jul 18, 2015 07:32:10 pm
      This all the live long day

He'll be our manager in the future. Not sure if he'll be a success or not, but he'll be back as manager one day.

Makes me feel all nice and warm inside just knowing that :D

If he wants to be our manager he has to he prove he has the necessary licenses and the skills. As far as I'm concerned at the moment he's about as qualified for the job as everyday man Joe Bloggs.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5065: Jul 18, 2015 08:23:08 pm
      If he wants to be our manager he has to he prove he has the necessary licenses and the skills. As far as I'm concerned at the moment he's about as qualified for the job as everyday man Joe Bloggs.

He's still playing, with a young family, give him a chance.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5066: Jul 18, 2015 09:44:45 pm

What? Has the everyday man Joe Bloggs played under the coaches and managers Stevie has? Or played with the players he has?

He's no Liverpool manager yet but he is a million years ahead of you in knowing how to go about doing it.

Joe.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #5067: Jul 18, 2015 10:05:20 pm
      I didn't mean like, tomorrow FMS, but sometime in the future it's inevitable.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5068: Jul 18, 2015 11:18:39 pm
      Going to prove to be a mistake letting him go, I just know it. Playing him deeper for the last 3 seasons is going to see Galaxy benefit if he plays further up. Should have used him as a striker last season, was by far our best finisher and still would have been IMO.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #5069: Jul 19, 2015 12:41:49 am
      Going to prove to be a mistake letting him go,

Couldn't disagree more mate.

I think Stevie leaving will be the making of a few players in our sqaud.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5070: Jul 19, 2015 02:47:06 am
      What? Has the everyday man Joe Bloggs played under the coaches and managers Stevie has? Or played with the players he has?

He's no Liverpool manager yet but he is a million years ahead of you in knowing how to go about doing it.

Joe.

Playing under good coaches and managers doesn't give you a head start on being one you know. Just ask Ruud Gullit...or Graham Souness even. I seriously doubt we'll ever see Gerrard become Liverpool manager.

Agreed. Sometimes you just have to prune some branches away to allow the other ones to flourish.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5071: Jul 19, 2015 03:39:02 am
      Going to prove to be a mistake letting him go, I just know it. Playing him deeper for the last 3 seasons is going to see Galaxy benefit if he plays further up. Should have used him as a striker last season, was by far our best finisher and still would have been IMO.

Best finisher last season??  Are you kidding now because most of the time he was slow at getting into position with most shots missing by quite a margin!
      Him leaving was the best for him and the club, very happy he's had a good start.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #5072: Jul 19, 2015 07:53:14 am
      Still gutted with his departure, i try to avoid as much as possible news about him, because it hurts when i see him in another shirt. I think that it was a mistake letting Stevie go, and i didn't like the way he departed from us, seemed brutal and undeserving, mainly because we don't have a world-class midfield, he still could have helped.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #5073: Jul 19, 2015 06:07:22 pm
      Still gutted with his departure, i try to avoid as much as possible news about him, because it hurts when i see him in another shirt. I think that it was a mistake letting Stevie go, and i didn't like the way he departed from us, seemed brutal and undeserving, mainly because we don't have a world-class midfield, he still could have helped.

So you are saying the club should have guaranteed him playing time? that is basically why he left not because he was being brutalized or mistreated.

« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2015 06:20:36 pm by AZPatriot »
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #5074: Jul 20, 2015 01:23:26 am
      Stevie looks a bit reborn at LA, almost as if he's just turned 30 or 31. I think being in a completely different environment -- everything from food to weather is so different in LA -- is going to help him.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #5075: Jul 20, 2015 01:49:29 am
      Stevie looks a bit reborn at LA, almost as if he's just turned 30 or 31. I think being in a completely different environment -- everything from food to weather is so different in LA -- is going to help him.

completely agree
      he looked happy and relaxed, a man with a huge weight lifted from his shoulders.
      I am greatly looking forward to seeing him smile more during and after games.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5076: Jul 20, 2015 02:14:06 am
      So you are saying the club should have guaranteed him playing time? that is basically why he left not because he was being brutalized or mistreated.

Some people make it sound as though his human rights were being infringed upon such is the hysteria.

That said it probably won't be long before some on here like old George start comparing Brendan to Chairman Mao.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5077: Jul 20, 2015 12:38:36 pm

Can't see it personally.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5078: Jul 20, 2015 09:02:38 pm

@MostarLFC  2 hrs2 hours ago
      Stevie's post on Instagram
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5079: Jul 23, 2015 09:03:13 pm
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #5080: Jul 23, 2015 10:07:22 pm
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #5081: Aug 30, 2015 03:41:30 am
      Come back Steven,everything is forgiven to you.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5082: Sep 11, 2015 02:30:19 am
      Steven Gerrard:
      "Yeah, I do miss the Premier League. I miss everything about it. When I switch on the TV and see the stadiums, with 50, 60, 70,000 people — the aggression, the intensity, the tension. I am jealous."
      "I miss the build-up, competing with better players, I miss being Steven Gerrard, Liverpool captain and walking out in front of my people with that pressure and trying to get a result for them."
      "Yes, I felt like sh*t some days because we lost. I would ask myself, “why are you putting yourself through this?” but the contrast is when you beat one of the top sides, the texts are flying in on your phone and you are on top of the world. I miss that."

We let this guy go.... need anyone question what is wrong with this club?

Reina
      Agger
      Carragher
      Gerrard

All 4 should be here in some capacity or another, that kind of loyalty, passion, commitment is what beats teams like shitty and the scum because they can't and will never have players who understand what it is to be a Liverpool player like those. Those times are fading fast, time to wake up before they're simply tales your children about.

Quick Reply