Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 677767 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Re: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool -> LA Galaxy)
      Reply #5405: Oct 08, 2016 06:43:14 pm
      Let's get Stevie G back in the team.

Seeing him and Klopp together on the touchline would be the best day of my life.

And a sure fire way to disrupt our process - are you serious about wanting us to get back to the top or are Liverpool FC just some sentimental tribute act to the past?

You do realise it would be impossible for Gerrard to play this intensive brand of football? I think your delusions are getting the better of you. And balls to him offering anything, we have plenty of options off the bench or, better still, give it to one of the youngsters from the academy. The way this discussion goes I genuinely think some of you would think Dalglish could come out of retirement and do a job for us on the pitch.

Get with the times, and stop living in the past. If Gerrard really is essential to this squad of players on and off the pitch then Klopp and co must be doing a really really bad job. This desire to have him back is the height of irrationality bordering on stupidity.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #5406: Oct 08, 2016 08:12:11 pm
      And a sure fire way to disrupt our process - are you serious about wanting us to get back to the top or are Liverpool FC just some sentimental tribute act to the past?

You do realise it would be impossible for Gerrard to play this intensive brand of football? I think your delusions are getting the better of you. And balls to him offering anything, we have plenty of options off the bench or, better still, give it to one of the youngsters from the academy. The way this discussion goes I genuinely think some of you would think Dalglish could come out of retirement and do a job for us on the pitch.

Get with the times, and stop living in the past. If Gerrard really is essential to this squad of players on and off the pitch then Klopp and co must be doing a really really bad job. This desire to have him back is the height of irrationality bordering on stupidity.

Hopefully we see him back in a red shirt soon.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #5407: Oct 08, 2016 09:12:26 pm
      Hopefully we see him back in a red shirt soon.

Hopefully not, unless you're trolling.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #5408: Oct 09, 2016 01:43:57 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5409: Oct 09, 2016 03:53:22 pm
      Let's get Stevie G back in the team.

Seeing him and Klopp together on the touchline would be the best day of my life.

If you want your opinions to be treated with respect on here then I suggest you stop taking the piss.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #5410: Oct 09, 2016 05:03:24 pm
      Daft idea and makes people have to come out and have a bit of a go at our former captain. Still get the feeling some quite enjoy that even now however!

But no he isn't suited for a return to Liverpool, the ship has sailed.

What a F***ing player he was though. Outstanding.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #5411: Oct 09, 2016 06:04:58 pm
      If you want your opinions to be treated with respect on here then I suggest you stop taking the piss.

Taking the piss out of who?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #5412: Oct 09, 2016 06:57:07 pm

Anyone with a semblance of a brain cell.

You have absolutely no answer to the argument that he in no way is fit to play in this Liverpool side under Klopp's system, aside from anti-intellectual arguments that 'he would give them a lift'. F**k sake......

Sharpen up pal.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #5413: Oct 09, 2016 09:27:06 pm

What a F***ing player he was.

The best player in the world in his prime, make no mistake.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #5414: Oct 09, 2016 09:28:07 pm
      Anyone with a semblance of a brain cell.

You have absolutely no answer to the argument that he in no way is fit to play in this Liverpool side under Klopp's system, aside from anti-intellectual arguments that 'he would give them a lift'. F**k sake......

Sharpen up pal.

I said at the start. Impact sub and coaching role.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5415: Oct 10, 2016 12:31:46 am

Delusional pal. We've got better subs and a better coaches and that comment is an insult to the good work the coaching and playing staff are all doing at this moment in time.

The vanity project/cult of personality that had surrounded Gerrard towards the end of his career in 2014/2015 was an atrocious and embarrassing sight to behold and the results proved it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5416: Oct 10, 2016 07:58:16 am
      The vanity project/cult of personality that had surrounded Gerrard towards the end of his career in 2014/2015 was an atrocious and embarrassing sight to behold and the results proved it.

Not disagreeing with you but results got no better after he left either.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #5417: Oct 10, 2016 08:45:27 am
      Delusional pal. We've got better subs and a better coaches and that comment is an insult to the good work the coaching and playing staff are all doing at this moment in time.

We can agree to disagree. Gerrard is local and Liverpool through and through. Having him around can be nothing but an inspiration to people around him, including Klopp and the coaching staff.

It's amazing to see so many experts on psychology in this forum.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #5418: Oct 10, 2016 08:59:38 am
      What's wrong with having the Ex skipper coaching the young kids at the Academy just like Heighway did?...,

Thought having a local Scouser in the set up was a good thing & now some are turning their noses up at very idea...
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5419: Oct 10, 2016 10:23:17 am
      What's wrong with having the Ex skipper coaching the young kids at the Academy just like Heighway did?...,

Thought having a local Scouser in the set up was a good thing & now some are turning their noses up at very idea...

The suggestion quite clearly wasn't for him to coach the kids though, it was for him to come in and play the role of first team player-coach.

Impact sub? Where on the pitch would he make an impact that somebody else currently on the bench wouldn't? CM? He doesn't have the legs to press like we'd need him to. AM? We already have better players than his current level.

I love the guy for what he did at the club Seriously, you need to move on from thinking he's good enough to play for us now.

We can agree to disagree. Gerrard is local and Liverpool through and through. Having him around can be nothing but an inspiration to people around him, including Klopp and the coaching staff.

It's amazing to see so many experts on psychology in this forum.

As previously said by another poster, all this bollocks is doing is make people come across as haters towards Gerrard when people are just being sensible (unlike somebody else).

Why does Klopp or the world class coaching staff that we currently have need Gerrard to inspire them to do their job better? The whole reasoning behind the idea is hilarious.

"Hello Steven, at the end of your contract in LA we'd like you to come to Melwood and be part of the team as the coaching staff and manager need to be inspired. Your job title will be 'resident inspirer'." :lmao: Give me a break!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5420: Oct 10, 2016 01:07:23 pm
      Can't imagine he'll be inspiring Hendo too much. The fella is just starting to move out of Gerrard's shadow and then we bring Stevie back?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5421: Oct 10, 2016 02:02:54 pm

Though Rafa decided that Heighway wasn't good enough and got shot of him? Is Rafa wrong?
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #5422: Oct 10, 2016 02:23:36 pm
      Some proper tears flowing on here about Gerrard.

Anyone would think we were talking about bringing Josemi back for a role in the club.

What harm would it do having Gerrard back training the youngsters if that was a feasible option? Would that be such a terrible idea?

Next people will be saying they wouldn't have Suarez back because it might disrupt Firmino and his development...
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5423: Oct 10, 2016 02:25:47 pm
      Some proper tears flowing on here about Gerrard.

Anyone would think we were talking about bringing Josemi back for a role in the club.

What harm would it do having Gerrard back training the youngsters if that was a feasible option? Would that be such a terrible idea?

Next people will be saying they wouldn't have Suarez back because it might disrupt Firmino and his development...

Nobody's objecting to him coaching the youngsters at the Academy but they do have a problem with the suggestion of him coaching the 1st team or being a bench option.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #5424: Oct 10, 2016 02:27:16 pm
      I've no problem with Stevie coming back and coaching at youth level if he's seems good enough as a coach.

I do have a problem if he was to be shoehorned into the coaching set up just because he is Steven Gerrard and a local lad.

I don't think that would happen under Jürgen so if he does come back I'm pretty comfortable with it.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #5425: Oct 10, 2016 02:30:53 pm
      Nobody's objecting to him coaching the youngsters at the Academy but they do have a problem with the suggestion of him coaching the 1st team or being a bench option.

I read this comment against him being in any coaching role:

We've got better subs and a better coaches and that comment is an insult to the good work the coaching and playing staff are all doing at this moment in time.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #5426: Oct 10, 2016 02:42:04 pm
      Though Rafa decided that Heighway wasn't good enough and got shot of him? Is Rafa wrong?

I think Rafa got it wrong on Heighway....under his watch we had some good local lads come through into the first team,we've hardly produced another the like of Fowler,Owen,Gerrard,Carra,Macca etc etc...

I see no harm with Stevie at the academy...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5427: Oct 10, 2016 02:51:30 pm
      I think Rafa got it wrong on Heighway....under his watch we had some good local lads come through into the first team,we've hardly produced another the like of Fowler,Owen,Gerrard,Carra,Macca etc etc...

I see no harm with Stevie at the academy...

Granted he was important in that respect. But his record shows that he already had experience of coaching running a youth setup in the USA before taking on the role at Liverpool. He actually had previous experience before taking on the role.

Quick Reply