Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 666244 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers)
      Reply #5658: Apr 03, 2019 04:27:27 pm
      ;D he is aye, but pros should be able to deal with his c#@tness, and not elbow and punch him.

True but his chin does appear to be weaker than amir khan's
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #5659: Apr 22, 2019 02:35:21 pm
      Disappointed in Gerrard.

Talking so much sh1te its crazy.

Its all scotts browns fault for winding players up, erm mate, you did the same, its called being clever.

And he was on BT Sports few years ago saying how brilliant a MF player brown was.

Now Gerrards clown prince `elbuffalo` gets sent of for the 5th time in a season its all browns fault.

win % of 50% is worse than the last 3 managers. ;D.

Massive transfer window this summer for him to get closer to celtic, who will probably complete the treble treble.

I agree with Gerrard, that Brown is just an overrated bag of sh*te. Every jock commentator talks about him like he's a superstar, yet if he was that good, prem teams would have been lining up to sign him years ago.

Plus watching Brown he's a snidy gobs***e in most of those Glasgow derbies.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5660: Apr 23, 2019 09:27:33 am
      True but his chin does appear to be weaker than amir khan's

;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5661: Apr 23, 2019 09:29:37 am
      I agree with Gerrard, that Brown is just an overrated bag of sh*te. Every jock commentator talks about him like he's a superstar, yet if he was that good, prem teams would have been lining up to sign him years ago.

Plus watching Brown he's a snidy gobs***e in most of those Glasgow derbies.

Brown is exactly what you say, my point was, other players keep falling for it.

Hes got players from my home team motherwell sent off, but usually its because they are daft enough to react, and give the ref a decision to make.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5662: May 25, 2019 08:19:07 pm
      Ha ha ha! Celtic have offered the job to that utter dunce Lennon. Gerrard might actually be in with a shout of winning the title at Rangers next season now.

Make or break for Stevie - if he can't win against that total wreck of a manager then he might have problems.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5663: May 25, 2019 10:25:20 pm
      Ha ha ha! Celtic have offered the job to that utter dunce Lennon. Gerrard might actually be in with a shout of winning the title at Rangers next season now.

Make or break for Stevie - if he can't win against that total wreck of a manager then he might have problems.

He won’t.

They’re miles off Celtic and Lennon is grossly underrated - actually did better in Europe than Brendan.

Guess we’ll see FMS.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5664: May 25, 2019 10:39:00 pm
      He won’t.

They’re miles off Celtic and Lennon is grossly underrated - actually did better in Europe than Brendan.

Guess we’ll see FMS.

Given Celtic's financial dominance over everyone else he should win it at a canter but if they continue to replicate some of the shoddy performances that he has overseen in recent months, the results will soon start reflecting that.

I think he's an atrocious blight on the development of Scottish football. The utter pits when it comes to football management. At least Brendan encouraged youngsters to come through. Lennojn would re sign Gary Hooper given half the chance. Awful football, by all accounts a dinosaur who disregards fitness, his record in Europe is also based entirely on a flukey win against a weakened Barcelona in 2012.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5665: May 25, 2019 10:55:21 pm
      Given Celtic's financial dominance over everyone else he should win it at a canter but if they continue to replicate some of the shoddy performances that he has overseen in recent months, the results will soon start reflecting that.

I think he's an atrocious blight on the development of Scottish football. The utter pits when it comes to football management. At least Brendan encouraged youngsters to come through. Lennojn would re sign Gary Hooper given half the chance. Awful football, by all accounts a dinosaur who disregards fitness, his record in Europe is also based entirely on a flukey win against a weakened Barcelona in 2012.

You clearly have issues with him mate.

The fella has been treated awfully by sections of Scottish society - that’s the only blight I see.

Each to their own. Good night and good luck.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5666: May 25, 2019 11:09:51 pm
      You clearly have issues with him mate.

The fella has been treated awfully by sections of Scottish society - that’s the only blight I see.

Each to their own. Good night and good luck.

As a manager what part of what I said is false? Never had issues with him apart from the fact that he's a god awful manager who made a career out of Rangers downfall. The man's a charlatan...just ask Bolton supporters.

The sectarian attacks he has received are completely unrelated. How that matters only you know I guess.
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2019 11:17:50 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5667: May 25, 2019 11:17:54 pm
      As a manager what part of what I said is false? Never had issues with him apart from the fact that he's a god awful manager who made a career out of Rangers downfall. The man's a charlatan...just ask Bolton supporters.

The sectarian attacks he has received are completely unrelated. How that factors into it only you know I guess.

Bolton were a mess and that was clearly a bad move.

I would suggest most of what you’ve said about him as manager of Celtic is blinkered and false. Like I say you clearly have an issue with him.

He exposes a shameful schism in Scottish society and I for one applaud him for speaking out.

We’ll see next season I guess - for me the sooner Stevie gets away from that club the better.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5668: May 25, 2019 11:23:12 pm
      Bolton were a mess and that was clearly a bad move.

I would suggest most of what you’ve said about him as manager of Celtic is blinkered and false. Like I say you clearly have an issue with him.

He exposes a shameful schism in Scottish society and I for one applaud him for speaking out.

We’ll see next season I guess - for me the sooner Stevie gets away from that club the better.

All very well but it means not a jot when it comes to management. Celtic can be so much more ambitious and forward looking with who they want as manager. Instead they hired someone who should have been left in the past. I think most Celtic fans would rather have preferred him not to get the job don't you?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #5669: May 25, 2019 11:28:04 pm
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5670: May 25, 2019 11:30:53 pm
      All very well but it means not a jot when it comes to management. Celtic can be so much more ambitious and forward looking with who they want as manager. Instead they hired someone who should have been left in the past. I think most Celtic fans would rather have preferred him not to get the job don't you?

Quite probably. I choose to disagree with them.

He’s done what was asked this year and his last full season was 99pts and 102 goals.

We aren’t gonna agree so peace out.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #5671: May 26, 2019 10:36:15 pm

How good was he when he went to RB? Incredible. At that time, no other player in the world would have done what he did to Milan, against some modern greats no less.

The only player who you could play in every position of the pitch and he would still be man of the match.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5672: May 28, 2019 11:03:03 pm
      watched a fair bit of Stevie in the build up to Madrid going back to 2005. what a player he was a complete force of nature imagine him in this team we would be unstoppable.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #5673: May 29, 2019 09:03:30 am
      I've only been an Liverpool supporter for 20 years now and I can tell you that he is the best player I have ever seen in a red shirt.

at his age in 2005 he would have been the perfect Klopp player today.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #5674: May 30, 2019 11:26:18 am
      Birthday boy! The best player EVER!!!

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1134037484159954944?s=21
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5675: Jul 01, 2019 09:27:46 am
      SKY just showing his EPL goals 120 . now his last game at Anfield its emotional. What a player he was even that is an understatement and who knows his best times with this club are still ahead of him .
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #5676: Jul 07, 2019 01:11:19 am
      Heard he's the new Newcastle Manager?
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #5677: Jul 07, 2019 04:59:17 am
      "The best there was, the best there is and the best, there will be".
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5678: Jul 07, 2019 09:42:25 am
      Heard he's the new Newcastle Manager?

No.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5679: Jul 07, 2019 09:51:54 am
      Stevie will not go to Newcastle not a chance. He is doing the right thing in developing as a manager and gaining European experience too.
      If he can win the league this year it will be a big step for him.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #5680: Jul 10, 2019 12:20:48 am
      Seems I fell for a spoof big time!

Quick Reply