Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 670890 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers)
      Reply #6026: May 23, 2022 10:58:20 am
      Stevies focus has to be Villa he isnt a football fan he is a professional manager. I would like to hear more about his goalkeeper and if he did refuse to play for any reason then he has to get shut if he is to be a strong respected manager. Can you imagine any player going to Jürgen asking for a  rest before international duty or Shanks he would have been out the door the same way

Absolutely stop on, pretty sure what ever happened taken out of SGs control. He’s been nothing but professional as a manager from what I’ve seen to date. Obviously he wants you lot! to win the league but still went about his business for Villa in a professional manner.

SG will make it as a good manager but Ive honestly not decided yet to what level.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6027: May 23, 2022 01:01:16 pm
      Absolutely stop on, pretty sure what ever happened taken out of SGs control. He’s been nothing but professional as a manager from what I’ve seen to date. Obviously he wants you lot! to win the league but still went about his business for Villa in a professional manner.

SG will make it as a good manager but Ive honestly not decided yet to what level.

you need to do the hard miles before you get a big job where you are expected to win every game you play. Lampard failed at Derby and then Chelsea he failed at Everton too whatever way you look at it. I respect Rooney for sticking with Derby he is doing the right thing Stevie needs to plot his success with Villa for 4 years then when Jürgen decides he has no more to give then he will be ready
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,775 posts | 392 
      Reply #6028: May 23, 2022 01:05:49 pm
      He's a f**king professional you idiot, looking after his own job and his own team's fortunes.

Did you expect him to come out with some Roy Hodgson standard bullshit and start talking about Villa as if they were the Liverpool b team on a mission? Did you expect him to twirl his 'This Is Anfield' scarf around his head when they went 2-0 up?

He isn't in that job to commit to Liverpool. He's in it for Villa and Villa only.

So funny and so true. The world is bigger than ourselves but deep down he will be gutted. Think he would have buzzed off stopping City for a long time.

Hes said all the right things that the Villa fans wanted to hear, as he bloody should as they are the ones giving him his chance in the prem and paying his wages.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,100 posts | 8521 
      Reply #6029: May 23, 2022 06:46:35 pm
      Liverpool fan. Maybe you don't understand what that is.

Do you?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 713 
      Reply #6030: Jun 21, 2022 12:21:21 pm
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Re: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)
      Reply #6031: Aug 28, 2022 08:10:04 pm
      Not looking good for him at Villa.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,100 posts | 8521 
      Re: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)
      Reply #6032: Aug 28, 2022 09:17:13 pm
      Not looking good for him at Villa.

Not a good run of results, but my guess is there will be no panic with Purslow being CEO and a bit matey with Gerrard. Only thing that will change that is if the crowd turn on him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6033: Aug 28, 2022 09:20:23 pm
      Not a good run of results, but my guess is there will be no panic with Purslow being CEO and a bit matey with Gerrard. Only thing that will change that is if the crowd turn on him.

You wouldn’t put it passed the Villa fans to turn on him.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #6034: Aug 31, 2022 11:06:53 pm
      Him going to Rangers and then thinking he was ready for the EPL, when he wasn't, was the surest thing I've ever called in football.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #6035: Sep 01, 2022 03:54:19 pm
      Him going to Rangers and then thinking he was ready for the EPL, when he wasn't, was the surest thing I've ever called in football.

True. It was just too early. It was bound to happen. BUt let's hope for him that he'll improve soon and turn things around.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #6036: Sep 01, 2022 03:55:15 pm

If he ever ends up here it'll be at least 10 years before he's truly ready I'd say
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #6037: Sep 01, 2022 09:50:46 pm
      If he ever ends up here it'll be at least 10 years before he's truly ready I'd say

I don't think it should ever happen
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #6038: Sep 01, 2022 09:52:25 pm

Likewise.

I'm not convinced he'll ever be the coach needed for a too football but even if he does have it in him it's a long way off.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6039: Sep 01, 2022 11:04:44 pm

There’s only 1 person who should be considered for the job when Klopp does leave and that’s Ljinders IMO.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #6040: Sep 01, 2022 11:09:46 pm
      There’s only 1 person who should be considered for the job when Klopp does leave and that’s Ljinders IMO.

I think that but the amazing coach who works out of the limelight doesn't always make an amazing manager.

Know what's mad, mate? We never talk of, or hear absolutely f**k all about, our Assistant Manager, Peter Krawietz. That guy must be doing something very good. Has he got a case?

Edit: him and Ljinders are AMs, which is mad, isn't it? Or is that common?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6041: Sep 01, 2022 11:12:55 pm

Thought you were going to say colin Pascoe
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,197 posts | 1205 
      Reply #6042: Sep 01, 2022 11:15:06 pm
      Villa fans up in arms about their performances. I believe it's 3 wins in 16 PL games or something. They hate Purslow and the signing of Dendoncker from their midland rivals hasn't gone down well either. At this stage it is very much looking like Stevie will be another great player who won't make it as a great manager.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,202 posts | 737 
      Reply #6043: Sep 02, 2022 10:21:42 am
      IMO It's so far off it's impossible to have any idea who will be best placed to manage.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #6044: Sep 02, 2022 10:27:46 am
      After the City match this weekend he's going to need to go on a run or he's in big trouble.

That squad should be doing better than it has been.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6045: Sep 02, 2022 10:54:22 am

Don’t/didn’t you think SG should be considered if he did a good job at Villa Ben?
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #6046: Sep 02, 2022 11:07:10 am
      After the City match this weekend he's going to need to go on a run or he's in big trouble.

That squad should be doing better than it has been.

He can make up for last season's failure by holding them in the Saturday game. It will help him kickstart their season at least.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,232 posts | 6359 
      Reply #6047: Sep 02, 2022 03:21:32 pm
      IMO It's so far off it's impossible to have any idea who will be best placed to manage.

I wish it was as far off as you say. Unfortunately I think Klopp will be done for real when his current contract ends. That's not too long unfortunately. So give me Ljinders as his replacement.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6048: Sep 02, 2022 10:22:52 pm
      Don’t/didn’t you think SG should be considered if he did a good job at Villa Ben?

I’ve never considered him as an option, I’ve said for a couple years now that I think in an ideal world, Ljinders would be the man for the job.

So far, he hasn’t done much of a good job at Villa.

Amazing player doesn’t guarantee you’ll be a great manager and unfortunately I don’t see Gerrard being a top level manager. I could be wrong, still early in his management days but I don’t see him being much of an improvement on what Lampard is. Hope I’m wrong, hope he goes on to become that top level.

Like many others, I thought he took the Villa job too soon and should’ve stayed at Rangers longer and I’d be surprised if he’s still at Villa come the end of the season.
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2022 10:31:48 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »

Quick Reply