Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 671782 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,743 posts | 6718 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)
      Reply #6095: Oct 22, 2022 12:45:45 am
      Probably one of the most pathetic pictures you'll ever see.

That's inexcusable and the crowd are singing get out of our Club? Why aren't they ripping through Mings?

Hope you get relegated ya cu*ts!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Re: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)
      Reply #6096: Oct 22, 2022 01:04:06 am
      Wasn’t a great choice for Gerrard going from Rangers straight to Villa, a club where they have expectations of grandeur having won silverware in the past.

Really showed his inexperience by bringing in a mate in Coutinho rather than sorting out their impotent attack.
      As for keeping on Mings well he deserved the sack.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6097: Oct 22, 2022 09:19:59 am
      The move to Villa backfired for Stevie unfortunately. I hoped he'd do alright there but performances and results were dreadful for quite a while, problems lingered and the fans then turned against him. Mcginn was made captain but whereas he is the Scottish Maradona whilst on international duty, he looked bang average in Stevie's system.

Such a world away from the talk that he could be Jürgen's successor. The problem now is he will have to drop a level or at best take a sideways step, perhaps even go abroad, to be able to progress as a manager. A hit like this takes a bit of coming back from.

There’s no doubting consider Villa’s  squad ( on paper ) better than their performances and as is always the case the buck lies with the manager. I was convinced he would be your next manager when Klopp moved on or retired.  I was of the opinion he would make it as a manager but now realise I might be wrong. Still early days so I wouldn’t say never at this stage of his career.

What lingers at the back of my mind though is Mings!!  Apparently he has lots of clout in the dressing room and since he was dropped from his captaincy roll things had gone worse. Is it possible him and his followers took foot off the pedal to make matters worse for SG?

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #6098: Oct 22, 2022 09:28:02 am
      Just a radical thought. It's not our place to comment but can we blame the owners for not supporting him enough as we sometimes observe in our FSG thread? I mean, isn't this such a common theme these days? Let's move on if this isn't a fair topic.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #6099: Oct 22, 2022 11:57:56 am
      There’s no doubting consider Villa’s  squad ( on paper ) better than their performances and as is always the case the buck lies with the manager. I was convinced he would be your next manager when Klopp moved on or retired.  I was of the opinion he would make it as a manager but now realise I might be wrong. Still early days so I wouldn’t say never at this stage of his career.

What lingers at the back of my mind though is Mings!!  Apparently he has lots of clout in the dressing room and since he was dropped from his captaincy roll things had gone worse. Is it possible him and his followers took foot off the pedal to make matters worse for SG?
      I watched the villa -Fulham match and it seemed to me that the players just downed tools and hardly any effort was put in by  the villa players so  there could be some truth in what you say about kings.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #6100: Oct 22, 2022 12:18:30 pm
      Just a radical thought. It's not our place to comment but can we blame the owners for not supporting him enough as we sometimes observe in our FSG thread? I mean, isn't this such a common theme these days? Let's move on if this isn't a fair topic.

We're talking about an owner that put Purslow in charge. So they obviously know F**k all. I wonder if Christian is still walking around the training complex in training kit, like he used to do at Melwood :laugh:
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #6101: Oct 22, 2022 12:33:32 pm
      Cut his managerial teeth at Rangers, probably best to aim at a high flying div 1 or championship team.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6102: Oct 23, 2022 04:27:28 pm
      Villa win 4 -0 today against Brentford and Fulham win 3-2 away its a funny old game  football.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6103: Oct 23, 2022 04:29:14 pm
      I watched the villa -Fulham match and it seemed to me that the players just downed tools and hardly any effort was put in by  the villa players so  there could be some truth in what you say about kings.

PLayers down tools a lot these days don't they a bunch of cretinous greedy self-centred sods.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #6104: Nov 29, 2022 07:01:11 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6105: Feb 14, 2023 02:00:09 pm
      That slime ball cheat Guardiola has had to apologise to Stevie for naming him in his rant last week  he is very child like he sulks when it doesnt go his way whilst Jürgen always faces the press head on and tries to explain and answer every question.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #6106: Feb 14, 2023 02:06:13 pm
      That slime ball cheat Guardiola has had to apologise to Stevie for naming him in his rant last week  he is very child like he sulks when it doesnt go his way whilst Jürgen always faces the press head on and tries to explain and answer every question.

What did that c**t say about Stevie then?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,308 posts | 6374 
      Reply #6107: Feb 14, 2023 02:21:28 pm
      What did that c**t say about Stevie then?

He said it wasn't Man City's fault that Gerrard slipped.

Now he's backtracked and apologized (to Stevie as well apparently).

It's amazing how much attention he pays a mid table team like us.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #6108: Feb 14, 2023 02:23:44 pm
      He said it wasn't Man City's fault that Gerrard slipped.

Now he's backtracked and apologized (to Stevie as well apparently).

It's amazing how much attention he pays a mid table team like us.

F***ing cu*ts cheated their way to how many titles against us?

F***ing so unfair
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,308 posts | 6374 
      Reply #6109: Feb 14, 2023 02:25:24 pm
      F***ing cu*ts cheated their way to how many titles against us?

F***ing so unfair

Really a bizarre thing for him to say. I'm starting to think he's feeling the weight of what's coming. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he's not at City come next season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6110: Feb 14, 2023 03:16:00 pm
      Pep is sweating because he backed himself into a corner if he leaves he has just declared his bosses liars and cheats if he stays his word means nothing ......sweet.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #6111: Feb 14, 2023 06:19:58 pm
      Do you reckon Pep holds a grudge? 8)

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4917 
      Reply #6112: Feb 14, 2023 10:48:30 pm
      Do you reckon Pep holds a grudge? 8)

Stevie bossed him that night if memory serves me well.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #6113: Jul 03, 2023 12:28:16 pm
      Saudi G
      Steven Gerrard leaning towards taking up Al Ettifaq manager role in Saudi Arabia's Pro League

Gerrard initially held talks with Al Ettifaq last month but turned down the offer; Sky Sports News understands talks have now resumed and Gerrard is open to taking the role; the former Liverpool captain has been out of work after being sacked by Aston Villa last year.

One source has told Sky Sports News that Gerrard is now leaning towards accepting the role with an announcement possible in the coming days.

Last month, the former Aston Villa and Rangers manager confirmed he had held discussions with a Saudi Arabian club but said: "As it stands right now, I won't be taking that offer up".

Al-Ettifaq finished seventh in the 16-team Saudi Pro League division last season.

The Saudi top flight has now been expanded to 18 teams for the new campaign, and will feature players such as Karim Benzema and N'Golo Kante, alongside Cristiano Ronaldo.

Saudi Arabia are signing some of world football's most high profile players this summer - but why is this happening and does this spending power pose a threat to big European clubs?

In 2023 alone, Cristiano Ronaldo moved to the Middle Eastern nation on a free transfer, with Ballon d'Or winner Karim Benzema turning down another season at Real Madrid to join him in the country.

That is by no means the end of it with Sergio Ramos, Bernardo Silva and Heung-Min Son reportedly presented with similar offers.
      https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/12912625/steven-gerrard-leaning-towards-taking-up-al-ettifaq-manager-role-in-saudi-arabias-pro-league
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,896 posts | 3394 
      Reply #6114: Jul 03, 2023 12:29:09 pm
      Saudi G
      Steven Gerrard leaning towards taking up Al Ettifaq manager role in Saudi Arabia's Pro League

Gerrard initially held talks with Al Ettifaq last month but turned down the offer; Sky Sports News understands talks have now resumed and Gerrard is open to taking the role; the former Liverpool captain has been out of work after being sacked by Aston Villa last year.

One source has told Sky Sports News that Gerrard is now leaning towards accepting the role with an announcement possible in the coming days.

Last month, the former Aston Villa and Rangers manager confirmed he had held discussions with a Saudi Arabian club but said: "As it stands right now, I won't be taking that offer up".

Al-Ettifaq finished seventh in the 16-team Saudi Pro League division last season.

The Saudi top flight has now been expanded to 18 teams for the new campaign, and will feature players such as Karim Benzema and N'Golo Kante, alongside Cristiano Ronaldo.

Saudi Arabia are signing some of world football's most high profile players this summer - but why is this happening and does this spending power pose a threat to big European clubs?

In 2023 alone, Cristiano Ronaldo moved to the Middle Eastern nation on a free transfer, with Ballon d'Or winner Karim Benzema turning down another season at Real Madrid to join him in the country.

That is by no means the end of it with Sergio Ramos, Bernardo Silva and Heung-Min Son reportedly presented with similar offers.
      https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/12912625/steven-gerrard-leaning-towards-taking-up-al-ettifaq-manager-role-in-saudi-arabias-pro-league

Would be disappointed if he went there
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6115: Jul 03, 2023 12:47:36 pm
      Would be disappointed if he went there

Sadly greed takes over with our heroes/legends of the game. Every fcuker doing it now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6116: Jul 03, 2023 12:52:46 pm
      he can do whatever he wants his opportunities for the EPL are limited and if he can fill his already swelling bank account even more then why not its the modern way. Football has no morale compass these days its every man for himself so I dont get the holier than thou brigade as if they wouldnt work in Saudi for a big fat tax free salary.
      I wouldnt want him at another club like Villa and not many Championship teams could work for him
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,896 posts | 3394 
      Reply #6117: Jul 03, 2023 01:16:46 pm
      Sadly greed takes over with our heroes/legends of the game. Every fcuker doing it now.

He doesn’t need the money though - and going there won’t help his management career

Quick Reply