Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 672956 times
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Re: Steven Gerrard Player Thread
      Reply #92: Sep 24, 2006 10:17:36 pm
      what the f**k is going on here on one thread we got carra better go on another we got are we better than man usa and now is stevie better than lumpalard can i buy some of this stuff everyone is smokin coz it aint half making you ask some daft things.

oh and the answer is yes gerrard is better
      lloydowen84
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #93: Sep 25, 2006 10:44:42 am
      yes!

lampard= large one!!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #94: Sep 25, 2006 02:30:33 pm
      You cant even spell Steven Gerrard, soft c**t.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #95: Sep 25, 2006 05:51:59 pm
      Quote from: "liverpaul"
      what the f**k is going on here on one thread we got carra better go on another we got are we better than man usa and now is stevie better than lumpalard can i buy some of this stuff everyone is smokin coz it aint half making you ask some daft things.

oh and the answer is yes gerrard is better

Agreed, its getting dafter and dafter on here !!  :D
      Brighty 7
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #96: Sep 25, 2006 06:06:17 pm
      im not bein funny but dis website is good but everyone on it chats sh*t
      n everyone isnt from liverpool its f***in sh*t
      and YES stevie g is better!!!!!!!!!!
      Jamez1988
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #97: Oct 01, 2006 09:25:47 am
      hey guys ;D ive jus been on youtube watchin stevies goal against olympiakos and then fa cup goals and had to come on and say i cant wait for the next one! ;D the feelin i get watchin those is like  :shock:
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #98: Oct 02, 2006 07:18:53 pm
      hes a fantastic midfielder most probably the best in the world hes never scored a "bad" goal
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #99: Oct 02, 2006 07:31:16 pm
      that's what liverpool's made of, james. how about watching more videos from every single legend who made liverpool what we are today and you'll realise that we are simply the best.

i love liverpool!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #100: Mar 29, 2008 07:37:09 pm
      F**k, this thread is old school but hey it can be Stevie G's thread no?

Anyway, would you consider selling Stevie G for £30m? Would selling him benifit us? I don't think in the last two seasons he's been worth £30m, no way, but I don't think he's worth selling as he's our only one that passes to Torres. However we could do with an attacking midfielder who can hold a line just outside the opponents penalty box.. one like Riquelme who can thread a quick snappy pass within the blink of an eye.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #101: Mar 29, 2008 07:45:19 pm
      For me that kind of player is diego.

I dont think i'd sell gerrard for any amount and i mean that, in my eyes he's priceless and i never want him to leave.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #102: Mar 29, 2008 07:49:36 pm
      For me that kind of player is diego.

I dont think I'd sell gerrard for any amount and I mean that, in my eyes he's priceless and I never want him to leave.

Not even when he gets to Teddy Sheringham's age?
      Apparently to be the best you gotta be the meanest!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #103: Mar 29, 2008 07:52:36 pm
      No i mean i dont want him to leave for another club ever i want him to retire when he feels he is ready to.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #104: Mar 29, 2008 07:58:22 pm
      Not even when he gets to Teddy Sheringham's age?
      Apparently to be the best you gotta be the meanest!

Good point actually. But I think he belongs at Liverpool for the rest of his days now. He's already a Liverpool legend. So I think it would be very fitting to his legacy if he was to go nowhere.
      On a non emotional basis and looking at it from outside the box, I think he still has massive amounts to offer us on the pitch for a good few years. He's a brilliant player and he benefits the team when he's in it, many more times than not.

I wouldn't sell him myself.

Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #105: Mar 29, 2008 08:16:36 pm
      I think it would be a bit too mean to get rid of Steven Gerrard just like that though haha. He's been our best player over the last five years and to say to him, 'right you don't fit in our plans for next year F**k off', would be just a little bit harsh don't you think? haha

However if he had thoughts on leaving like Henry did then of course, you've got to consider it. But if you're the best player of the club and want to stay and the manager is basically telling you to F**k off then how bad would that feel? I guess thats what was going through his head after we won the Champions League!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #106: Mar 29, 2008 08:22:14 pm
      I think rafa is a bit stern compared to how houllier was and that affects stevie, he was used to houllier having him as his golden boy and now its like he doesnt even get a well done. I think I remember him saying once that one of his big aims was to get as much as a well done from rafa. This is the reason i want Pako back so much its like he was the softer side to the management and the one the players could come and talk to.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #107: Mar 29, 2008 08:29:57 pm
      I think rafa is a bit stern compared to how houllier was and that affects stevie, he was used to houllier having him as his golden boy and now its like he doesnt even get a well done. I think I remember him saying once that one of his big aims was to get as much as a well done from rafa. This is the reason I want Pako back so much its like he was the softer side to the management and the one the players could come and talk to.

I see what you mean but then I think the players are getting 50k or more a week and if they are getting upset because of little praise then they are too soft. I've got a feeling many of our players are mentally soft and not tough enough. You think Rafa's bad? You should see Ten Cate!

We need players who can handle criticism, discipline and little praise. If not then they need to toughen up big time. Obviously they need some praise once in a while, but they need to look up to someone tough in my opinion! Ryan Babel has already admitted that he needs to toughen up, time to a few others to aswell I think.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #108: Mar 29, 2008 09:35:18 pm
      True but not many footballers like little praise atall. The best players in the world are the ones who do well with some praise to sput them on trust me. Maybe it is true some of our players need to toughen up but it is also true that the players who do best when they recieve praise are those that stand out from the rest as the top players in the world.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #109: Apr 03, 2008 01:35:02 am
      I'd never want Stevie to leave. Those through balls to Fernando were top class, shame Arsenal got pretty strong and quick defenders though.

However I don't know if Stevie leaving would benifit the club, I think the safe option is to buy some world class players in the summer and take the pressure of his shoulders.

Done great to skin the Arsenal defence, take two to the cleaners ;)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #110: Apr 03, 2008 01:39:08 am
      Anyone notice his little torres-esque drag to beat his man in the lead upto his setup for our goal.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #111: Apr 03, 2008 03:55:19 am
      Anyone notice his little torres-esque drag to beat his man in the lead upto his setup for our goal.

haha I thought that straight away when he did it, exact same spot on the pitch aswell, but sorry Stevie it wasn't as classy as Torres! I'm not complaining though, vital away goal
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #112: Apr 16, 2008 06:53:06 pm
      Here's one especially for you MsG  ;) :D  And anyone else that fancies Mr Gerrard  ;) :D

The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #113: Apr 16, 2008 06:56:57 pm
      oi cheeky!!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #114: Apr 16, 2008 06:58:47 pm