Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 672287 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Steven Gerrard Player Thread
      Reply #4485: Dec 10, 2014 06:40:45 pm
      Hope Stevie moves for his own sake. He owes this club nothing. He deserves to sign somewhere where hell have a squad of class players around him. Not like now.

He dragged average teams through games before at his peak, now at 34 players still want Stevie to drag them through games and whats worse when he doesn't he gets in the neck off fans.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4486: Dec 10, 2014 08:26:43 pm
      Where are all the haters now?
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #4487: Dec 11, 2014 04:16:32 am
      probably playing call of duty, working up the anger to come post about "120 mil wasted" and other such garbage
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #4488: Dec 11, 2014 02:54:41 pm

yeah i agree its a bit extreme but football here in serbia is sh*t so liverpool is the only team i watch and if SG leaves that would be a big blow for all the fans world wide
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4489: Dec 11, 2014 06:21:56 pm
      yeah i agree its a bit extreme but football here in serbia is sh*t so liverpool is the only team i watch and if SG leaves that would be a big blow for all the fans world wide

The club existed before Gerrard and it will continue to do so after him.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #4490: Dec 11, 2014 06:32:09 pm
      The club existed before Gerrard and it will continue to do so after him.

but do u think that in the this era of modern football where every player is chasing for money would there be a player that wouldnt leave liverpool if a bether offer comes to him and if u think so  than please tell me who could be so loyal like steve and carra were
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4491: Dec 11, 2014 06:40:09 pm
      but do u think that in the this era of modern football where every player is chasing for money would there be a player that wouldnt leave liverpool if a bether offer comes to him and if u think so  than please tell me who could be so loyal like steve and carra were

Gerrard was loyal?
      He was all set to leave in 2005 before we won the Champions League, and he had all but signed for chelsea the summer before.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #4492: Dec 11, 2014 06:42:21 pm
      Gerrard was loyal?
      He was all set to leave in 2005 before we won the Champions League, and he had all but signed for chelsea the summer before.

he was set to leave but he stayed,that is what counts
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #4493: Dec 11, 2014 10:13:55 pm
      Gerrard was loyal?

We don't know the reasons behind all that happened

All we do know is that he has been loyal, he has stayed here throughout his career when he could have gone anywhere in world football during his peak and that he has been wonderful for us for over a decade and a half

Yes he's been loyal

The man is a legend and in my opinion should be appreciated for all of that rather than question something we don't know the ins and outs of that ultimately didn't happen

it's been a privilege Stevie
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #4494: Dec 12, 2014 07:56:38 am

All we do know is that he has been loyal, he has stayed here throughout his career when he could have gone anywhere in world football during his peak and that he has been wonderful for us for over a decade and a half

Yes he's been loyal

The man is a legend and in my opinion should be appreciated for all of that rather than question something we don't know the ins and outs of that ultimately didn't happen

There is a lot of great players,but only a few great man
      Gerrard is both
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4495: Dec 12, 2014 07:58:22 am
      Gerrard was loyal?

But he didnt, and thus remained loyal.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4496: Dec 12, 2014 05:31:06 pm
      Not going to preface every slight criticism of SG with "I'm a huge Stevie fan but ..."   .... but I am :)
      He wasn't good against Basel. Brilliant goal, and drove us forward for the last 10 mins, but very off the pace for the other 80.

Utd up front are doing OK, so would consider Lucas in holding role to break them up, as opposed to playing SG who can create a bit more from there. In saying that, bigger pitch, he might get slightly more time on the ball and so might be able to influence the game moreso than recently. And it's big game, am sure SG will be up for it. And wouldn't play both of them in a starting XI.
      Hmm, think I might start Lucas if Sterling/Coutinho and one of Lallana/Markovic start. Though if we don't start with 3 'creative' (Sterling/Coutinho and one of Lallana/Markovic) then would start SG instead of Lucas holding.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4497: Dec 12, 2014 06:04:10 pm

Hyypia was just as loyal as them and loved the club as much as them, but I'm guessing he was just chasing money when he left or isn't deemed as part of the furniture as much as Gerrard and Carra according to your logic.
      Players come and go, when Gerrard goes it will be no different to when Carragher went; its a shame to see but Im not going to stop watching the team over it. The club is bigger and more important than any player, regardless of whether it someone like Suarez, Dalglish or players who have spent their entire career with us. Im curious as to what your view would be had Gerrard left us for Chelsea like he was so close to doing, would you have stopped watching us then or would you have carried on until Carra hung up his boots and then stopped? For all we know Sterling could be with us until he retires, only you won't know because you'd have stopped watching us because Gerrard left.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #4498: Dec 13, 2014 12:32:10 pm
      Hyypia was just as loyal as them and loved the club as much as them, but I'm guessing he was just chasing money when he left or isn't deemed as part of the furniture as much as Gerrard and Carra according to your logic.
      Players come and go, when Gerrard goes it will be no different to when Carragher went; its a shame to see but Im not going to stop watching the team over it. The club is bigger and more important than any player, regardless of whether it someone like Suarez, Dalglish or players who have spent their entire career with us. Im curious as to what your view would be had Gerrard left us for Chelsea like he was so close to doing, would you have stopped watching us then or would you have carried on until Carra hung up his boots and then stopped? For all we know Sterling could be with us until he retires, only you won't know because you'd have stopped watching us because Gerrard left.

I wasnt thinking literally that i will stop watching football if gerrard leaves, that would be a big blow for me, i loved torres also but i didnt stoped watching liverpool when he left us, and he left us big way ,so with or without gerrard im going to watch liverpool for a wery wery long time,  hopefully i will watch it one day from anfields terrace
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #4499: Dec 13, 2014 12:52:36 pm

Yes he's been loyal

100%

Best English player since......well based on his longevity, influence and flexibility frankly I don't know.

Certainly better than Rooney or Gascoigne (flickered brightly for such a short time really - though undeniably a wonderful player).

I genuinely wonder if I've seen a more holistically gifted English midfielder in my lifetime.

I'm 44 you know.

We've been very, very blessed - yes his time will come to an end but I'm not ready to write the obituary just yet.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4500: Dec 13, 2014 02:15:43 pm
      so with or without gerrard im going to watch liverpool for a wery wery long time,  hopefully i will watch it one day from anfields terrace

I like how you turned into Woy at the end there!!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4501: Dec 14, 2014 09:08:04 pm
      Wonder if any more details of a row between SG and BR will come out.
      If it happened.
      After SGs comments not too long ago about BR being the best manager by far he had worked under.
      Don't think Rodgers has handled the contract talks well - imo too public the conversation about how SG could not expect to play as many games, no need to have that much detail out there. Not sure if related to that.
      In saying that, I think BR has to bench SG if he feels Stevie's form is not great - no player if bigger than the club (though SG is MASSIVE player, which makes it trickier)
      Would not bode well if things are breaking down between them...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4502: Dec 14, 2014 09:10:05 pm
      Wonder if any more details of a row between SG and BR will come out.

I just read there was a massive bust up in the dressing room with Gerrard and Lovren with Rodgers taking Gerrard's side.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4503: Dec 14, 2014 09:16:15 pm
      I just read there was a massive bust up in the dressing room with Gerrard and Lovren with Rodgers taking Gerrard's side.

On the bright side, at least a massive bust up suggests the passion is there !  :boxing:
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #4504: Dec 14, 2014 09:16:19 pm
      It's not the first time Lovren and Gerrard have confronted eachother.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #4505: Dec 14, 2014 09:27:22 pm

Too right I would have clocked Lovren one as well. There again Lovren is Rodgers defensive leader   :lmao:

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #4506: Dec 14, 2014 09:42:46 pm
      So there are problems with Lovren, Borini, Sakho and Mignolet this season so far. Four of Brendan's signings. We are a couple fights more from a split in the camp then our club will be the laughing stock of Europe.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #4507: Dec 15, 2014 11:52:40 am
      I'd fancy Steven in a fight with Lovren...

Can't see Lovren having much of a defence

Quick Reply