Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 672818 times
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Re: Steven Gerrard Player Thread
      Reply #345: Oct 23, 2008 09:02:31 pm
      He is the best attacking MF in the world right now.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Reply #346: Oct 24, 2008 01:23:47 am
      well the last Liverpool captain to lift the FA Cup is now just three appearances short of the first captain to lift the FA Cup for Liverpool. That'd be a big achievement for Stevie to overtake Ron Yeats.

Stevie is currently 20th in the all time appearances list on 451. He should be joining Carra in the 500 club quite shortly.

Legend.
      « Last Edit: Oct 24, 2008 01:35:27 am by dunlop_liddell_shankly »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #347: Oct 24, 2008 05:27:56 am
      40-ish games a season for any 5 years. That's 200 games :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #348: Oct 24, 2008 02:27:28 pm
      afael Benitez has today revealed that both Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso will be fit to face Chelsea on Sunday - but Robbie Keane remains a doubt for the clash at Stamford Bridge.
      The midfield duo were both involved in training at Melwood this morning and now look set to retain their place in the side for the top-of-the-table match with Luiz Felipe Scolari's men.

It was a major boost for Benitez, who will make a late decision on Keane, after the Ireland international missed training with the pelvis injury sustained against Altletico Madrid.

Benitez also revealed that Fernando Torres will definitely not feature against the Blues and remains on course to make his comeback from the hamstring injury he picked up on international duty, against Portsmouth on Wednesday.

"Xabi and Steven both trained today and should be okay," confirmed the manager. "It wasn't a hard session but I am confident they can play at Chelsea.

"We're still not sure about Robbie. He didn't train today and we will have to see how he is tomorrow. We will make a late decision.

"Fernando won't be involved. He is recovering well and should be fit again soon, but we have to be careful with the player."

AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #349: Oct 25, 2008 12:39:04 am
      Good news about Gerrard and Alonso, I doubt Keane will start though and if anything he may come on later on in the game.
      pauLFC4life
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -2 
      • The LFC Love Flows Forever
      Reply #350: Oct 25, 2008 12:41:36 am
      haha stevie gay when he's got alex gerrard curran ;)
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #351: Oct 25, 2008 12:46:46 am
      haha stevie gay when he's got alex gerrard curran ;)

Idiot!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #352: Oct 25, 2008 02:43:13 am
      Him kissing alonso proves his gay :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7bsU1npsjw
      what a song too
      When
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts | -5 
      Reply #353: Oct 26, 2008 12:17:31 am
      Hey can anyone help me? I want Gerrard hair and can anyone send good pictures of that hair .?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #354: Oct 26, 2008 12:21:18 am
       :)

Hope this helps When  ;D

When
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts | -5 
      Reply #355: Oct 26, 2008 11:20:05 am
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Reply #356: Oct 26, 2008 03:39:26 pm
      Was f***in brilliant today. Didn't put a foot wrong.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #357: Oct 26, 2008 03:46:53 pm
      Was f***in brilliant today. Didn't put a foot wrong.

Too right. Think he deserves a lot of plaudits for his performance today.

He is always accused of dissapearing in the big games, often by myself too, but he hit the nail on the head today with a fantastic performance.

Is right Steve lad!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #358: Oct 26, 2008 04:09:13 pm
      Very proud of Stevie today, the way he rallied his players and got an resounding victory today, you only had to see the expression on his face to know what this meant today for  Stevie and Liverpool.

Nice one Stevie lad.

You might even get a pat on the back from Rafa  :f_tongueincheek:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #359: Dec 07, 2008 09:14:26 pm

You might even get a pat on the back from Rafa  :f_tongueincheek:

Funny you should say that.

I was on the official site today and saw this article, very good read and is related to your post.

Steven Gerrard has hailed Rafael Benitez as one of the best managers in the world and revealed he has the perfect relationship with the Kop boss. 
      The Reds skipper feels the Spaniard's man-management has helped nurture a strong team spirit within the Anfield camp and believes his passion for all-things football has seen him develop into one of the game's most accomplished tacticians.

"Rafa is obsessed with football 24 hours a day, seven days a week," said Gerrard.

"You have to take your hat off to him. He's one of the best managers there is.

"Rafa is the type that when you finish a game as man of the match having scored three goals, he won't even mention it. Instead, he'll mention that you never used your left foot at a certain point!

"But Rafa does it right. When I need a pat on the back I get it.

"I have had lots of 'well dones' from him, but when I need a kick up the backside I get it too.

"He can also make me laugh, but you don't see that side of him - or me - from the outside.

"We spend a lot of time together on the training ground, travelling to matches and he joins in. We've got a great team spirit here and my relationship with him is perfect."

The skipper celebrated 10 years in the Liverpool first-team last month, and while he loves being able to pull on the red shirt every weekend, he admits he still takes any defeat personally.

"I love being a Liverpool player, being captain, living the dream," he said. "I wouldn't change it for the world. But sometimes there's that much at stake.

"Sometimes you want it so bad you can only really enjoy it when you get the right result.

"I've never really thought during a game: 'I'm really enjoying this.'

"When it's 0-0 or we're losing it's like: 'Let's get the win and get out of here.'

"It's the same for the fans. If they say they enjoy it I bet they only mean at the final whistle when they've got the result.

"I take any defeat home with me. I'm not the same person until the next game. Luckily we win a lot or I'd be a nightmare to be with." 

Official Site Link

Nothing better than when the manager and captain get on this well.

I think that when we played Marseille and Gerrard had that missile thrown at him and did'nt react was down to how Rafa has managed him over the years he has been here. Guarentee the likes of Terry, Ferdinand etc would have reacted and made the situation ten times worse because their managers appear to see football management in a totally different aspect.

No disrespect to Houllier because he was a great manager but if he had stayed or we got someone else instead of Rafa then Gerrard would'nt have become the player he is today.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #360: Dec 07, 2008 09:40:21 pm
      No disrespect to Houllier because he was a great manager but if he had stayed or we got someone else instead of Rafa then Gerrard would'nt have become the player he is today.

Completely agree with that. Rafa has turned Gerrard from a very good player into a world class one.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #361: Dec 13, 2008 08:09:57 pm
      What a hero today! Man of the match without a doubt, and amongst the average or under-par performances, one player stood out.

Two goals scored, and one point gained in the league thanks to one man: Stevie. He looked shagged out in the last ten minutes, as testament to the effort he put in this afternoon, and Rafa's faith in him as a match winner that he let him play to the end.

If we win the league by just one point, then the one he won us this afternoon would be the one that won it! Thanks to Steven it was one point won rather than nothing at all.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #362: Dec 13, 2008 08:16:37 pm
      Well said Ayrton, without Stevie G we would have been murdered today the man is a legend.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #363: Dec 13, 2008 08:21:24 pm
      Without Stevie in quite alot of games we would of been beaten. For example Istanbul, he gives us inspiration and is a ro-model to the rest of the Liverpool squad.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #364: Dec 13, 2008 09:13:24 pm
      IMO, he was one of only 2 players (the other being Alonso) that wanted to beat Hull today. He was truly showing the real captain material and leading the team, in fact he basically was the team. If the rest of the players on the pitch played with the heart that Gerrard did today then we would have come away with all 3 points instead of 1.

I cannot believe he is not on that shortlist for world player of the year!!! He has had another brilliant year in his career and not only is it down to Rafa but it is also down to Torres. I think Gerrard has been craving for a player like Torres ever since Owen left. The type of striker that will chase the lost causes and be able to read exactly what Gerrard wants to do and where he wants the ball played to him.

Gerrard's football is a joy to watch and it is just a real shame that the rest of the team were not playing with the same passion because as good as Gerrard is, there is only so much that he can do on his own.

Like Ayrton said "If we win the league by just one point, then the one he won us this afternoon would be the one that won it!". I agree entirely fella.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #365: Dec 14, 2008 12:16:55 am
      Hey can anyone help me? I want Gerrard hair and can anyone send good pictures of that hair .?

How the hell did I miss this post....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #366: Dec 14, 2008 07:09:52 am
      This guy is one of a kind ;D. His attitute and football makes him special
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #367: Dec 14, 2008 06:04:18 pm
      Stevie G, you've kept us top.

He really is awesome.

Quick Reply