Trending Topics

Next match: v LFC [League Cup] Tue 17th Dec @ 7:45 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 15th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W13 D5 L5

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers)

Read 465192 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,204 posts | 3775 
      Re: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool -> LA Galaxy - > Youth Academy)
      Reply #5550: Jul 07, 2018 01:49:06 pm
      Its clear Jürgen doesn't want to have this amount of stress into his old age so Stevie has a great opportunity to get Rangers going again hopefully get some CL experience and when Jürgen is ready to put his feet up after winning a treble of EPL titles Stevie will be ready to take over. A nice dream perhaps but why not
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,620 posts | 485 
      Reply #5551: Jul 07, 2018 01:57:29 pm
      I reckon he could break the hold of Celtic in his first season, Gerrads appointment has given the whole club a lift..
      Not a chance. He might gain a few points on them from last season - although I doubt it - but nothing more. There is a huge gap between the 2 clubs and to expect any manager to bridge that gap in a season is unrealistic. Celtic carried the ‘invincible’ tag in to last season and when it was broken they lost a bit of momentum but in all honesty, on a domestic front, Celtic barely got out of 3rd gear. You get the feeling that if Rangers were to improve, or any other team for that matter, Celtic would respond and up their game.

He may be the one to bring success back to Rangers but they will need to be patient with him because it’s certainly not going to happen overnight.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1990 
      Reply #5552: Jul 12, 2018 07:11:33 pm
      First leg of the europa league game is live on bt next Thursday

Don't forget guys, it's on in 33 mins on BT Sport!!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,910 posts | 1983 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5553: Jul 12, 2018 07:36:02 pm
      Don't forget guys, it's on in 33 mins on BT Sport!!!

Curious to see how the team sets up and if the rangers fans can actually show a bit of patience
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,910 posts | 1983 
      Reply #5554: Jul 12, 2018 08:05:20 pm
      Shouldn't laugh really but commentator talking about the lack of left footers in the rangers team
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,564 posts | 3844 
      Reply #5555: Jul 12, 2018 08:05:45 pm
      18 mins. No goals.

Sack him!! :laugh:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,910 posts | 1983 
      Reply #5556: Jul 12, 2018 08:11:53 pm

1 nil up, he may make august
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,564 posts | 3844 
      Reply #5557: Jul 12, 2018 08:14:05 pm

Noticed he's going for the Rafaesque non-celebration but point something out to one of the coaches.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1990 
      Reply #5558: Jul 12, 2018 08:37:47 pm
      They are such a threat on the right side, been impressed! Should have been 3-4 goals up tbh.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,910 posts | 1983 
      Reply #5559: Jul 12, 2018 08:39:32 pm
      Noticed he's going for the Rafaesque non-celebration but point something out to one of the coaches.

Very lowkey, waiting for games against hibs when he celebrates by two footing neil lennon
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,910 posts | 1983 
      Reply #5560: Jul 12, 2018 08:51:32 pm
      They are such a threat on the right side, been impressed! Should have been 3-4 goals up tbh.

Need better balance on the left
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,910 posts | 1983 
      Reply #5561: Jul 26, 2018 06:51:14 pm
      Both kent and ejaria starting tonight for rangers
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1990 
      Reply #5562: Jul 26, 2018 07:17:25 pm
      Both kent and ejaria starting tonight for rangers

Nice!!! Will be watching!
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,105 posts | 1116 
      Reply #5563: Aug 05, 2018 03:09:56 pm
      Last minute equalizer has denied Stevie a win on his league debut.

Don’t suppose anyone is kept tabs on Rangers since he joined? What’s the style of play looked like (although I’m conscious it’s only been pre season and Europa League qualifiers, so hardly the best barometer).
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,204 posts | 3775 
      Reply #5564: Aug 05, 2018 03:22:06 pm

Don’t suppose anyone is kept tabs on Rangers since he joined? What’s the style of play looked like (although I’m conscious it’s only been pre season and Europa League qualifiers, so hardly the best barometer).

Ranger played with 10 men for 80 mins so a great away point against a half decent Aberdeen.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,910 posts | 1983 
      Reply #5565: Aug 05, 2018 03:24:45 pm

Seen all the games, at the moment it's pretty much 4-2-3-1 with a pretty intense pressing style. Lacking a bit of creativity at the moment but defensively they look pretty strong
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,959 posts | 1395 
      Reply #5566: Aug 06, 2018 08:15:24 am
      Was pretty forthright in his post match pressers. Will need to find a way to relax a loiter more if he wants to do this long term. I reckon he has aged three or four years in 2 months since taking the job at Ibrox.
      LondonRed83
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,218 posts | 1545 
      Reply #5567: Aug 06, 2018 09:12:28 am
      Was pretty forthright in his post match pressers. Will need to find a way to relax a loiter more if he wants to do this long term. I reckon he has aged three or four years in 2 months since taking the job at Ibrox.

Just needs to be more tactical but it’s never easy letting in a last minute goal. Feels excruciating
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,910 posts | 1983 
      Reply #5568: Aug 08, 2018 08:39:29 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,083 posts | 4416 
      Reply #5569: Aug 12, 2018 10:34:28 pm
      A red card for his team in each of his first two Scottish Premier League games.

Think he needs to tone down his team talks!

At least they're above Celtic, for a week or two.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,875 posts | 537 
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 2547 
      Reply #5571: Aug 13, 2018 02:37:23 pm
      Objectively - he has already had a massive impact on the them.

They are at least 25% better than last season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,910 posts | 1983 
      Reply #5572: Aug 13, 2018 04:14:33 pm
      Objectively - he has already had a massive impact on the them.

They are at least 25% better than last season.

Did have to restrain myself from giving some rangers fans slating ejaria a piece of my mind but hopefully the incredibly fickle rangers give him a bit more time. Kent was excellent again
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 20,088 posts | 5342 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5573: Aug 13, 2018 06:10:21 pm
      Did have to restrain myself from giving some rangers fans slating ejaria a piece of my mind but hopefully the incredibly fickle rangers give him a bit more time. Kent was excellent again

Rangers seem to have quite a bit more purpose about them since Stevie took charge.

As for Ejaria - not seen too much of Rangers but from what I saw of the last 15 minutes or so and I thought Ejaria was a proper presence for them. I then look on twitter and the idiot Rangers supporters (there's a lot of them) are chopping him down. They know f**k all about quality though. This is a bunch of people who thought Kenny Miller was their talisman, even a decade after he showed himself to be an all round sh*t player in the shittest Premier League team of all time (Derby County 2007-2008). They also treat Walter Smith (who, let's remember contributed to them going bankrupt) as some sort of divine like figure despite his awful, backwards football that embarrassed European football when they somehow got to the final of the 2008 Europa League Final (and proceeded to trash Manchester city centre). Absolute basket cases.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #5574: Aug 13, 2018 06:20:48 pm
      Rangers seem to have quite a bit more purpose about them since Stevie took charge.

As for Ejaria - not seen too much of Rangers but from what I saw of the last 15 minutes or so and I thought Ejaria was a proper presence for them. I then look on twitter and the idiot Rangers supporters (there's a lot of them) are chopping him down. They know f**k all about quality though. This is a bunch of people who thought Kenny Miller was their talisman, even a decade after he showed himself to be an all round sh*t player in the shittest Premier League team of all time (Derby County 2007-2008). They also treat Walter Smith (who, let's remember contributed to them going bankrupt) as some sort of divine like figure despite his awful, backwards football that embarrassed European football when they somehow got to the final of the 2008 Europa League Final (and proceeded to trash Manchester city centre). Absolute basket cases.
      Agree with most of that, but just because Miller was bad at county doesn't mean he was bad at Rangers. I never seen Miller play to be fair... unless he played against us.. it is not something I would remember. Look at Ox for Arsenal v Ox for Liverpool, you would think they are different players. As for Rangers, been best in the league this season. They played majority of 2 games with 10 men. Should be top of the league, first red has been reverted to yellow now. Really backing Rangers over Celtic, I have no connection to Celtic, even thought I am 25% Irish other than they have a great song.. YNWA, but Gerrard v Rodgers? Always going to back Gerrard! Rodgers is so average it is unbelievable. Average signings, Average results... he had no problem winning SPL every year because no competition, but couldn't make Celtic look like they used to be in Europe. Rangers will dethrone Celtic. Gerrard and Liverpool's obvious support with loan signings will be key.
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2018 06:25:43 pm by Ribapuru »

Quick Reply