Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 666250 times
      Oldroangreenandred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Re: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers)
      Reply #5727: Feb 13, 2020 04:34:04 pm
      Would anyone be that arsed if he did get the sack? Better jobs outside that backward sectarian minefield.

Because if he can't beat Hearts Aberdeen Kilmarnock. What championship team is going to take a gamble on him. Rodgers succeeded in Scotland by implementing his system of passing through opposition lines. Gerrard a system is old school with just hitting crosses into the box. He's been sussed.

His results in Europe have been mixed the highlight being drawing with Porto away.  Neither old firm should really be beaten on their own patch in EL.

I'm not saying he hasn't done a well changing things the running of the club. I've been impressed with how ruthless he has been getting rid of players that don't make the cut. But no plan B is a major concern something he hasn't addressed
      Oldroangreenandred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #5728: Feb 13, 2020 04:37:27 pm

It's called passion... Ffs it's unprofessional they should know better if this were Liverpool and we were 10 points adrift and the players response was to start fighting the opposition and among themselves we'd be calling for the manager to step in.

I remember the losses against Chelsea palace and the rest that cost us the league. Gerrard never let the players start that sh*te on the pitch in front of the cameras. Because he led by example, he was a true pro!  The rangers players have lost the run of themselves
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5729: Feb 13, 2020 05:00:18 pm
      Sorry if you feel offended pal. But the facts remain that Aberdeen gave a closer title fight to Celtic. 

If Gerrard thinks setting his team out in the exact same formation with the same 11 nearly every match will win the league that he isn't a very clever manager.

Yes he has brought an improvement to the fitness and tactical discipline that Rangers have... Just like Rodgers did at celtic. But he has spend the most money in the league and brought in over 22 players yet he is constantly cut a drift after the winter break.

His record as win percentage is hardly any better than Murtys? Yet Murty had Rangers in a position to challenge up till the split

Your original post is classic wum. Not a shred of fact to back any of that up except the stuff about his backroom staff which also led to other teams coaches being punished.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #5730: Feb 13, 2020 05:00:38 pm
      It's called passion... Ffs it's unprofessional they should know better if this were Liverpool and we were 10 points adrift and the players response was to start fighting the opposition and among themselves we'd be calling for the manager to step in.

I remember the losses against Chelsea palace and the rest that cost us the league. Gerrard never let the players start that sh*te on the pitch in front of the cameras. Because he led by example, he was a true pro!  The rangers players have lost the run of themselves

The offending players would face disciplinary action from the FA, any action by the club/manager would follow that process.
      You appear to ignore procedure to accommodate an agenda.

Oldroangreenandred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #5731: Feb 13, 2020 05:43:31 pm
      The offending players would face disciplinary action from the FA, any action by the club/manager would follow that process.
      You appear to ignore procedure to accommodate an agenda.

Mate is a discipline issue at that club. Continuously. Theyre not professional enough.

Same questions being asked time and time again.

I've spoke before about Gerrard's poor tactics once again playing arfield as a deep lying play maker. He isn't that type of player. Ryan jack first game back and kept on till late in the match when it's clear his match sharpness had gone by 60 mins. They were winning Gerrard has once again cost them. 60 mins was calling out for a player like Davis to come on and keep the ball and kill the game. Goldson continuously making mistakes but is somehow never dropped. Yet Davis the man who should be captain ( best player and true pro) is dropped for a poor performance. Yet never Goldson.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5732: Feb 13, 2020 06:05:15 pm
      oh ffs, another one who knows players better than the manager, and also knows more about what's going on inside the club.

Swerve.
      Oldroangreenandred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #5733: Feb 13, 2020 06:46:16 pm
      oh ffs, another one who knows players better than the manager, and also knows more about what's going on inside the club.

Swerve.

Don't air your dirty laundry in public. And it's just simples not to over play someone who got injured being over played
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5734: Feb 13, 2020 07:29:29 pm
      Mate is a discipline issue at that club. Continuously. Theyre not professional enough.

I've spoke before about Gerrard's poor tactics once again playing arfield as a deep lying play maker. He isn't that type of player. Ryan jack first game back and kept on till late in the match when it's clear his match sharpness had gone by 60 mins. They were winning Gerrard has once again cost them. 60 mins was calling out for a player like Davis to come on and keep the ball and kill the game. Goldson continuously making mistakes but is somehow never dropped. Yet Davis the man who should be captain ( best player and true pro) is dropped for a poor performance. Yet never Goldson.

And you are venting this on a Liverpool forum as opposed to a Rangers one because?...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #5735: Feb 13, 2020 07:42:13 pm
      And you are venting this on a Liverpool forum as opposed to a Rangers one because?...

Thought he sounded like a celtic fan..
      Oldroangreenandred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #5736: Feb 13, 2020 07:56:26 pm
      Thought he sounded like a celtic fan..

Liverpool fan first and for most like all my family. Also a Celtic fan

Just think Gerrard shouldnt have gone to a league where they play on plastic. Holland would have been an ideal place as they want to play football have great youngsters and is very tactical unlike scotland. A team like feyenoord would have been a good move
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #5737: Feb 13, 2020 08:26:41 pm

Just think Gerrard shouldnt have gone to a league where they play on plastic. Holland would have been an ideal place as they want to play football have great youngsters and is very tactical unlike scotland. A team like feyenoord would have been a good move

You just sound bitter that Gerrard has gone from Liverpool to Celtic's rivals. Haven't they beaten you a couple times this season?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #5738: Feb 13, 2020 10:20:11 pm

Several plastic pitches in holland
      Oldroangreenandred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #5739: Feb 13, 2020 10:54:52 pm
      You just sound bitter that Gerrard has gone from Liverpool to Celtic's rivals. Haven't they beaten you a couple times this season?

Gerrard is ten points behind in February. Aberdeen managed better so did Murty. I love Stevie but he made a bad call moving to a club with no money, versus the moneyball economics of Celtic.
       He hasn't won anything there and this season has only damaged him as a manager. He is doing worse than OGS did in Norway.   In comparison Lampard is managing chelsea.

So looks like championship should have been the league he went to. As noone cares what happens out of the pub league. Been decades since the title left Glasgow
      Oldroangreenandred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #5740: Feb 13, 2020 10:57:19 pm
      Several plastic pitches in holland

Yes this season there is but next year they're being replaced by grass in order for the smaller clubs to gain a share of the European prize money
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #5741: Feb 13, 2020 11:04:33 pm
      Gerrard is ten points behind in February. Aberdeen managed better so did Murty. I love Stevie but he made a bad call moving to a club with no money, versus the moneyball economics of Celtic.
       He hasn't won anything there and this season has only damaged him as a manager. He is doing worse than OGS did in Norway.   In comparison Lampard is managing chelsea.

So looks like championship should have been the league he went to. As noone cares what happens out of the pub league. Been decades since the title left Glasgow

How has he damaged himself as a manager? You are moaning about him and Rangers despite saying you are a Celtic fan so you are obviously going to look for the negatives and ignore the positives because they are you're rival team. Why no mention about their progression in Europe? Up until the last week or so they were neck and neck with Celtic, things change quickly but I will refer to my original point, why are you banging on about Rangers and their past managers on a Liverpool forum? He's a legend of our club so obviously want him to do well but I think we draw the line in wanting to read about their past managers from a moaning Celtic fan with some sort of bee in his bonnet. Moaning about how he is 10 points behind Celtic but then saying he's competing with a money ball team, so the 10 points should come as no surprise.

All you pretty much have done is post moaning about Gerrard at Rangers after they've had a result go against them or won but not played well and it all sounds very bitter. Here's an idea, why not try focusing on Liverpool and Celtic if they are your teams instead of worrying so much about your rivals.

Bitter, very bitter it seems.
      Oldroangreenandred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #5742: Feb 13, 2020 11:18:11 pm
      How has he damaged himself as a manager? You are moaning about him and Rangers despite saying you are a Celtic fan so you are obviously going to look for the negatives and ignore the positives because they are you're rival team. Why no mention about their progression in Europe? Up until the last week or so they were neck and neck with Celtic, things change quickly but I will refer to my original point, why are you banging on about Rangers and their past managers on a Liverpool forum? He's a legend of our club so obviously want him to do well but I think we draw the line in wanting to read about their past managers from a moaning Celtic fan with some sort of bee in his bonnet. Moaning about how he is 10 points behind Celtic but then saying he's competing with a money ball team, so the 10 points should come as no surprise.

All you pretty much have done is post moaning about Gerrard at Rangers after they've had a result go against them or won but not played well and it all sounds very bitter. Here's an idea, why not try focusing on Liverpool and Celtic if they are your teams instead of worrying so much about your rivals.

Bitter, very bitter it seems.

Mate I've spoke several times about the positives he's done the tactical discipline and improved fitness just like Rodgers done for Celtic. I've also said how good his transfers have been.

But you can't look over his glaring inability to impact a game with changes.

If our manager was waiting till the 80th minute to bring on subs risking further injuries to players you'd be going mental. He and his coaching staff seem unable or unwilling to change things.

Can't keep knocking crosses into the box in Scotland. That's how they all play. Needs to use Davis in a more advanced position to pass through their lines. Sitting on his 18 yard box with three DMs every game home and away no adequate back up for Morelos or the full backs.

He needs much improvement if he's to be able to manage in England. He also needs to build his own style copying Klopp won't work when you don't have the same standard of players
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #5743: Feb 13, 2020 11:23:33 pm
      Mate I've spoke several times about the positives he's done the tactical discipline and improved fitness just like Rodgers done for Celtic. I've also said how good his transfers have been.

Not on here you haven't. Just a select few of the 17 posts you've done;

Would I have Gerrard as manager of the reds... No way out of his depth. Matching Celtics spending last two years bought in a ridiculous number of players. He's managing the Tories so he's not one of us anymore im afraid

Made some poor tactical decisions in the cup final.

Looks very far off being Liverpool manager.  Hasn't a game plan to break down teams

You've done 1 post saying Rangers deserved to win, and then followed it up by saying Gerrard's celebration was an embarrassment.

You're a WUM on borrowed time before you go in the bin.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #5744: Feb 14, 2020 10:51:24 am

Purely your affected opinion and once again Steven Gerrard is offered as a scapegoat.
      Give your arse a chance ffs.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5745: Feb 14, 2020 11:38:20 am
      17 posts from him and 14 of them about Stevie if it is clearly a WUM.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #5746: Feb 16, 2020 02:26:54 pm
      We couldn't give a F**k about Celtic or Rangers, we just want to see Steven do well, but in general we don't give a F**k about Scotland well because.....

https://youtu.be/0SulLuNqDYA

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5747: Feb 20, 2020 10:05:13 pm
      Great come back tonight by Rangers 2-0 down and they won 3-2 Stevie had to make quite a tactical change and the second half they were so much better. Really pleased for him and his staff they idiots would have been wanking themselves silly at the thought of Rangers getting beat at home to Braga. So still in the tie just don't get beat and they will get through
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5748: Feb 27, 2020 09:51:12 pm
      my my I wonder if our friend will be on congratulating Stevie on last nights fantastic result and commenting on Rangers being the last Scottish team left in Europe after Celtic's drubbing at home tonight
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5749: Feb 27, 2020 10:22:54 pm
      Purely your affected opinion and once again Steven Gerrard is offered as a scapegoat.
      Give your arse a chance ffs.

he is very quiet tonight maybe he is constipated

Quick Reply