Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was the reds man of the match?

Andy Carroll
      (8.4%)
      Luis Suarez
      (25.1%)
      Charlie Adam
      (3.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (24.7%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (6.6%)
      Stewart Downing
      (0%)
      Jose Enrique
      (28.2%)
      Someone else
      (3.5%)

Everton 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Rejoicing

Read 51571 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Everton 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Rejoicing
      Reply #1012: Oct 03, 2011 08:11:15 pm

H.R. a shout out to you for pulling the Kelly's Hero's "Oddball" quote...one of my fav movies of all time.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #1013: Oct 03, 2011 08:17:05 pm
      Does that makes me a less worthy LFC supporter ? Of course that I realize how much a Derby win means to our local fans ... The club should release a DVD, and we should be done with it ... There are much bigger prizes to be won ...

Why did you choose to infest this site, I'm going to take a stab at you getting banned from the last site you published your tripe.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1014: Oct 03, 2011 08:19:06 pm
      Well, I am not ashamed to admit that beating a mid-table team like Everton is not the pinnacle of my ambition ... Beating the Mancs, Chelsea and City will make me feel better, especially since it would mean that we actually have a chance of winning the league ... Beating Arsenal and Everton is nice, but proves nothing, since both teams are struggling ...

Sound but go post it in another thread and stop ruining this one.

Sure the players will of enjoyed it yesterday and probably had a good read about it today but have now moved on.

Doesn't mean we have to. I for one will be taking advantage of the bragging rights until February 25th 2011.

Just because your next door neighbour has never heard of Everton and you have no one talk to, don't come on here telling all of us to move on two days after a Derby. A F***ing MERSEYSIDE DERBY THAT WE F***ing WON.

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1015: Oct 03, 2011 08:20:00 pm
      Why did you choose to infest this site, I'm going to take a stab at you getting banned from the last site you published your tripe.

I've never got banned there ... I've promised never to post there again, if the Mancs win No.19 before LFC ...
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #1016: Oct 03, 2011 08:26:05 pm
      for me it was a good  result for us the three points makes a big different .....wining our local rivals will give our team more confidence going into the next game.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1017: Oct 03, 2011 08:51:00 pm
      I do not concern myself with the matches themselves on rivalry and derby type games....Does not matter the sport all of these types of games are highly contested. For the blueshites this is they're match of the year, so they are going to play they're best.

Carling cups or derbies when you are playing against these clubs they will normally rise above their norm and give 125% as playing LFC is big stuff for teams like Bristol, Exeter and Everton. In the case of the derby there are times when a lesser opponent can bite you in the arse if you are not prepared.

As much as I dislike the bitters I thought they played a decent 60 minutes or so, but then they fell apart as a team and as supporters. On a match like this results mean more than performance; we were up for the task, did not frustrate after not scoring in the 1st half, got our 3 points with a job well done.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1018: Oct 03, 2011 09:18:25 pm
      I do not concern myself with the matches themselves on rivalry and derby type games....Does not matter the sport all of these types of games are highly contested. For the blueshites this is they're match of the year, so they are going to play they're best.

Carling cups or derbies when you are playing against these clubs they will normally rise above their norm and give 125% as playing LFC is big stuff for teams like Bristol, Exeter and Everton. In the case of the derby there are times when a lesser opponent can bite you in the arse if you are not prepared.

As much as I dislike the bitters I thought they played a decent 60 minutes or so, but then they fell apart as a team and as supporters. On a match like this results mean more than performance; we were up for the task, did not frustrate after not scoring in the 1st half, got our 3 points with a job well done.

Quite right AZ.

Whilst we tried to play they just came out with their studs up. Great tactics in the 70's occasionally but nowadays class will always shine over 90 minutes.

2-0.

Table doesn't lie.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1019: Oct 03, 2011 09:30:08 pm
      Always good to beat the Bitters!! :D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #1020: Oct 03, 2011 09:32:19 pm
      F***ing still bouncing, been sorting our footy/spare room out all day with me arl fella so our baby can have his own room by Christmas and just looking all around the Liverpool items we own has had me filling up and gave me goosebumps. And when looking at all that, you can't help but talk about footy. And given our last game, that was the height of conversation. Both of us were buzzing all day talking about beating those cu*ts.

It's the greatest feeling beating Everton. Much more satisfaction beating them in their own back yard than any other game during the League season. It's an incredible feeling. Words can't even sum up how much enjoyment beating Everton is. It's a total buzz that lasts for months until the next Derby.

Some of the bitters won't even get in touch with me, that's how much it means. They go in hiding now until the next Derby. We on the other hand celebrate for months. F**k people who don't understand that.
      RedWilly

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #1021: Oct 03, 2011 09:40:45 pm
      Think this is the first I've posted since the game. Delighted with the win, and I felt we really took control after the sending off, and you could sense a goal coming as the game went on.

Delighted for Andy to silence the critics with a really well taken goal, and his partnership with Suarez is coming on nicely.

I actually think Everton away is the toughest game of the season, because they really do get up for it and we require a real strong mental state to go their and win. Huge improvement on last season (obviously) and it shows what Kenny has changed at the club, the attitude, the knowledge now that we can go into any game with the mindset that we can win and if teams want to get physical, we can play them at their own game at a high tempo in their own back yard.

2-0 is all that matters, F**k anything else.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1022: Oct 03, 2011 09:45:36 pm
      If we play like we did on Saturday, we don't have the chance of winning the league ... We need to play much better ...

Mate you just dont get it do you, had we played sh*te the whole game and the bitters had 99.99% of posession,hit the post 3 times, had a penalty saved, lost a player thru a inept referee's stupidity and we still got the desired result,just tell me who the F**k would care ? because i f***in dont, and nor do the vast majority of posters,as you can see from above, i posted an opinion in the '' why are LFC fans negative'' thread, and tried not to single you out, but you just set yourself up for torrents of abuse by your constant f***in whinging and negativity, if you really dont like what your witnessing or are not happy with the direction this club is now heading, why dont you just take yourself off to another clubs forum and you can whinge and f***in moan all you want,

honestly mate,your starting to do my f***in head in, i'm betting Osama bin Laden didn't moan as much as you do when he was stuck in his f***in cave,

everyone to a man,from top profesionals who graced the Anfield turf have praised our performance even tho we were not at our best, to the bloke who scrubs the sh*te from the clubs bogs, all say we were well worthy of the 3pts, let me remind you fella,we played Everton, our biggest rivals, and beat them in their own back f***in yard, and still you f***in moan, i think your need your head read mate,a check up from the neck up,

i've tried to be as kind as i can mate in my opinion of your bullshit, i dont want a ban from the mods, i dont want to be muted, or have a warning, but your constant f***in crap is seriously putting my normal status in jeopardy, so please if you cant post anything that is deemed constructive about our fantastic club,our fantastic support, our fantastic owners, manager,coaches,players and the way we play, then get yourself to F**k away from this forum, because right now your as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      Reply #1023: Oct 03, 2011 09:57:33 pm
      F***ing still bouncing, been sorting our footy/spare room out all day with me arl fella so our baby can have his own room by Christmas and just looking all around the Liverpool items we own has had me filling up and gave me goosebumps. And when looking at all that, you can't help but talk about footy. And given our last game, that was the height of conversation. Both of us were buzzing all day talking about beating those cu*ts.

It's the greatest feeling beating Everton. Much more satisfaction beating them in their own back yard than any other game during the League season. It's an incredible feeling. Words can't even sum up how much enjoyment beating Everton is. It's a total buzz that lasts for months until the next Derby.

Some of the bitters won't even get in touch with me, that's how much it means. They go in hiding now until the next Derby. We on the other hand celebrate for months. F**k people who don't understand that.

Hey Billy, i'm made up for you mate, i'm still bouncing too mate, but TBH, being a wool i will never have the feeling you guys get beating those bitter twisted fuckers, i'm trying hard mate to imagine how it must feel for you, when your stood in your babies room, wondering how it will look when its done, the feeling of pride you must have is immense, this new era will have your heart pounding out of your chest, because we are being taken back to the glory days, glory days you will be able to share with your babies, and that is immeasurable,good luck to you and your kin mate, you have plenty of great times to share, of that i'm certain.  YNWA.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #1024: Oct 03, 2011 10:02:06 pm
      Hey Billy, i'm made up for you mate, i'm still bouncing too mate, but TBH, being a wool i will never have the feeling you guys get beating those bitter twisted fuckers, i'm trying hard mate to imagine how it must feel for you, when your stood in your babies room, wondering how it will look when its done, the feeling of pride you must have is immense, this new era will have your heart pounding out of your chest, because we are being taken back to the glory days, glory days you will be able to share with your babies, and that is immeasurable,good luck to you and your kin mate, you have plenty of great times to share, of that i'm certain.  YNWA.

Me nephew has got great stories to grow up to. All me arl fella's from the early 70s through to mine from the early 90s to his own in the next few years. His dad is a total tw*t and has no interest in footy so it's up to us to set him right. He'll be alright and he'll understand exactly what beating Everton means. It's like no other feeling.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      Reply #1025: Oct 03, 2011 10:06:46 pm
      Me nephew has got great stories to grow up to. All me arl fella's from the early 70s through to mine from the early 90s to his own in the next few years. His dad is a total tw*t and has no interest in footy so it's up to us to set him right. He'll be alright and he'll understand exactly what beating Everton means. It's like no other feeling.

And what a history lesson he will be learning about, and hopefully he himself will one day tell the same stories to his own bairns, now i wonder how many titles and CL leagues will be in the trophy room by then ?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1026: Oct 03, 2011 10:09:13 pm
       The good thing is when we have beat Everton you can walk around Liverpool and know that you will not come face to face with an Evertonian.If there are any Evertonians up and about they will do a runner as soon as they see you.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1027: Oct 03, 2011 10:14:56 pm
      You have to enjoy the victories, what Mac is doing is putting up a threshold of play that we must obtain before happiness can take place, I simply refuse to look at it that way.

While we have veteran players this is not a veteran squad, far from it. I am no expert but I would think a normal high end club would have a starting XI turnover rate of 1-2 players per season; so consistency can be maintained. The starting XI we have run out so far this season has upwards of 6-7 brand new players each time, also we need to remember that Kelly, Flanno and Robinson along with Spearo are relatively new members to a starting line-up.

We have Stevie (who has been out of action) Pepe, Kuyt, Lucas, Jamie and that is it. It is going to take time to get us playing consistent, does not matter the sport the gelling, cohesiveness, whatever you want to call it does not happen overnight.

I see a squad that should only get better, I see a new face or two in January. I see a fourth-place (hopefully better) and Champions league at which time we can bring in 1-2 high end players being bedded into the squad each year versus 1/2 dozen as we are now.

To moan about our play when we are just starting on this upward path, and refusing to allow supporters to just enjoy winning and not paying interest payments is not right. While there may be some valid points I do not understand why the same individuals must punch holes in everything just to stroke their hubris and supposed superiority over others is beyond me.

We are not the finished product, we are not even close to being the finished product. It is a process A-Z and right now we are like on "B:". Nobody from the ownership to the manager promised us anything but a concerted effort to improve across the board. I believe we are beginning that now, there are going to be bumps and bruises along the way, and I can see no problem with actually having a little joy in victory instead of moaning over the details.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1028: Oct 04, 2011 08:31:57 am
      Get the F**k in.

Love beating those pricks just as much as I love beating those Manc cu*ts.  ;D

Obviously wasn't a Red Card but who gives a sh*t. We won, they lost AGAIN  ;D and it's just another excuse for them to be even more Bitter.  :D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1029: Oct 04, 2011 08:51:11 am
      Get the f**k in.

Love beating those pricks just as much as I love beating those Manc cu*ts.  ;D

Obviously wasn't a Red Card but who gives a sh*t. We won, they lost AGAIN  ;D and it's just another excuse for them to be even more Bitter.  :D
      Well said Ian,spoken like a true genuine (scouse) RED.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1030: Oct 04, 2011 08:55:09 am
      Fans of other clubs are saying how Suarez was disgraceful in "getting" Rodwell sent off. Yeah, he made the most of that tackle, which I didn't think was even a foul but it's not like he's the only player to do it. Real Madrid do it. Barcelona do it. Man United do it and so on.

I bet if it was a Manc instead of Suarez, there's going to be no talk at all. Jammy Manc cu*ts.

It definitely wasn't a red card but we benefited (for once!) and got the result we wanted - that's what which was important.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #1031: Oct 04, 2011 11:02:30 am
      Glad we win again and congratulate Andy scored that's much important to him. Next game as predicted SG to start against ManU we can play better and I'm really confident we'll crash them again.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1032: Oct 04, 2011 11:55:11 am
      I've been busy the last few days making my own DVD.  :f_tongueincheek: >:D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1033: Oct 04, 2011 11:58:24 am
      Im still buzzing knowing the bitters are still curled up crying about the result,which was sweet music.

Blue white sh*te,blue white sh*te............
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #1034: Oct 04, 2011 11:59:36 am
      Quite close the MOTM poll then.

Quick Reply