Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 12th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Predictions for LFC v United?

Liverpool win
      (84.4%)
      Draw
      (10.3%)
      Man Utd win
      (5.3%)

Liverpool vs Manchester United Pre-Match (15/10/11)

Read 56312 times
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Re: Liverpool vs Manchester United Pre-Match (15/10/11)
      Reply #46: Oct 03, 2011 12:21:43 pm
      we'll f*** em over proper. my only worry is losing anyone to internationals, especially suarez playing so close to the big game.

and if that 4-eye douchebag even thinks about picking stevie for a sh*t a** game against montenegro or whatever, i'll personally go over and shove some wotsits down his throat.

hope carra gives nani a real reason to cry again

Gerrard fortunately hasn't been called up to the England squad.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,672 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #47: Oct 03, 2011 12:25:32 pm
      Gerrard fortunately hasn't been called up to the England squad.
      Nice! I wonder will he start or will he turn in another supersub performance.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #48: Oct 03, 2011 12:30:14 pm
      On what i / we have seen of Carrol so far you have to be disappointed. I'm not having this bull$hit about settling in yet. For 35m he should be performing a lot better than he is has. However, he is a most for the United game from a Liverpool point of view. If anyone can take advantage of De Gea its him. If King Kenny doesn't play him from the off! BIG MISTAKE.  :-[

Lets hope from my point of view he makes the mistake.  ;D
      The vast majority are not concerned about his price Keith the only negative comments have come from the media who jump on any such rumour like flies with sh*t.
      He has come within a whisker of scoring several times and I believe he will scare the hell out of whatever mediocre goalie faces him when we play your crew, as for your defenders I believe you have got a lot more than us to worry about with that situation than we have with Carroll who is off the mark and from the looks of the post match interview, brimming with confidence.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #49: Oct 03, 2011 12:51:35 pm
      The old 'Carroll cost £35M routine'.  If I remember rightly a misfiring Spaniard handed wanted to leave and we let him go, got a young English international striker in and pocketed £15M - not to mention an extra saving of about £10M over the course of the respective contracts.

The media, for reasons known only to them, always discuss how much a player costs when they refer to a Liverpool player.  Always struck me as amusing.

Doesn't happen at any other club.

The only people constantly referring to Carroll's price tag are those in the media who's arse Kenny doesn't kiss and desperately want him to fail so they can once again try to dismantle the good things going on at Liverpool.  If he goes on a rich vein of form, no doubt the next target will be the £8M defender who they have sat on the bench.

Like some on here, I'd also play him against United.  Be even more comical to shove down the throats of the media if he scores, plus I think he would relish the chance of going up against Jones.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #50: Oct 03, 2011 12:52:27 pm
      Why would ye frop Carroll now? Worst time to drop him would be now after him scoring on Saturday

Horses for courses Brian and no reflection on Carroll. I gave my reasons above but put simply; I believe a) We'll do better against the scum with three in the 'middle' and b) A tenacious, quick and versatile front three will cause their defenders more problems than a two.

I won't be tearing my hair out if Andy starts. It's just my opinion mate and I may be wrong.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,372 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #51: Oct 03, 2011 01:00:20 pm
      Horses for courses Brian and no reflection on Carroll. I gave my reasons above but put simply; I believe a) We'll do better against the scum with three in the 'middle' and b) A tenacious, quick and versatile front three will cause their defenders more problems than a two.

I won't be tearing my hair out if Andy starts. It's just my opinion mate and I may be wrong.

Thats fair do's. I just believe that it could do damage to the boys confidence to drop him for this one. Like you if he didnt start I wouldn't be furious but Id worry about its effect on him. He's being singled out by people in and out of the club, he scores a huge goal on Saturday which I believe will kickstart him so thats why I hope we start him against utd
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #52: Oct 03, 2011 01:05:45 pm
      Same team for me as against Everton with the exception of Gerrard replacing Adam.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,372 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #53: Oct 03, 2011 01:08:41 pm
      Same team for me as against Everton with the exception of Gerrard replacing Adam.

Hmm think Id have Stevie coming from the bench. For this one Id be tempted for Downing to play on the right with Bellamy on the left
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #54: Oct 03, 2011 01:12:16 pm
      Didnt Charlie have a very good game against United last season,, lets bear in mind here the United Central midfield is probably their weakest area, I'd trhow Charlie in and tell him to tear them a new one.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #55: Oct 03, 2011 01:32:34 pm
      Hmm think Id have Stevie coming from the bench. For this one Id be tempted for Downing to play on the right with Bellamy on the left

No problem with Downing / Bellamy on the flanks if thats what he goes for.

Didnt Charlie have a very good game against United last season,, lets bear in mind here the United Central midfield is probably their weakest area, I'd trhow Charlie in and tell him to tear them a new one.

Maybe Blood but what worries me is the pace and movement of Uniteds midfield if we play Adam as a two man partnerhsip with Lucas. I watched Wolves totally bypass him with Lucas having to cover a lot of times and their fluidity I feel will cause us problems.

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #56: Oct 03, 2011 01:34:15 pm
      Why would ye frop Carroll now? Worst time to drop him would be now after him scoring on Saturday

Because he is a bad fit for the type of game we should be playing against the Mancs ... We need a high intensity pressing game against them, and the front two of Suarez and Kuyt is much better tactically in that type of a game ... We can always introduce Carroll in the second half, hopefully after we are in front already ...
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #57: Oct 03, 2011 01:37:42 pm
      Because he is a bad fit for the type of game we should be playing against the Mancs ... We need a high intensity pressing game against them, and the front two of Suarez and Kuyt is much better tactically in that type of a game ... We can always introduce Carroll in the second half, hopefully after we are in front already ...

I think there is a strong argument for what your saying but I think Kenny will play AC with orders to get early crosses into the box and pressure thier keeper.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #58: Oct 03, 2011 01:53:37 pm
      I think there is a strong argument for what your saying but I think Kenny will play AC with orders to get early crosses into the box and pressure thier keeper.

I hope not ... Even without Vidic on their team, Ferdinand and Jones can still deal with the crosses ... We need the ball on the ground in the attacking phase, especially since the Mancs don't have a proper defensive midfielder ...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #59: Oct 03, 2011 02:50:16 pm
      I hope not ... Even without Vidic on their team, Ferdinand and Jones can still deal with the crosses ... We need the ball on the ground in the attacking phase, especially since the Mancs don't have a proper defensive midfielder...

Ferdinand is finished, can't even make the bench in the international selections and if hopefully Carroll gets a start he's gonna rip Jones a new one.

edit; The mancs don't have a proper defence full stop - Norwich tore the back out of them and how the F**k they weren't three up is nothing short of amazing.
      « Last Edit: Oct 03, 2011 02:55:28 pm by stuey »
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #60: Oct 03, 2011 02:51:27 pm
      The old 'Carroll cost £35M routine'.  If I remember rightly a misfiring Spaniard handed wanted to leave and we let him go, got a young English international striker in and pocketed £15M - not to mention an extra saving of about £10M over the course of the respective contracts.

The media, for reasons known only to them, always discuss how much a player costs when they refer to a Liverpool player.  Always struck me as amusing.

Doesn't happen at any other club.

The only people constantly referring to Carroll's price tag are those in the media who's arse Kenny doesn't kiss and desperately want him to fail so they can once again try to dismantle the good things going on at Liverpool.  If he goes on a rich vein of form, no doubt the next target will be the £8M defender who they have sat on the bench.

Like some on here, I'd also play him against United.  Be even more comical to shove down the throats of the media if he scores, plus I think he would relish the chance of going up against Jones.

Is right.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #61: Oct 03, 2011 02:56:43 pm
      Ferdinand is finished, can't even make the bench in the international selections

What a flawed logic ... Can Carragher make the bench in the international selections ?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,672 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #62: Oct 03, 2011 02:58:08 pm
      Sure Jones will be up the other end of the pitch following one of his "majestic" runs. They have been leaving themselves open to be badly exposed. Queue Big Lad and The Beast
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #63: Oct 03, 2011 03:04:15 pm
      What a flawed logic ... Can Carragher make the bench in the international selections ?

Carragher was not, until very recently, England captain.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #64: Oct 03, 2011 03:04:58 pm

We were discussing Ferdinand and his status, that was a reply to your bigging him up. Jamie is not part of the equation so why have you selected him to have a pop at?  
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #65: Oct 03, 2011 03:10:30 pm
      I think we need to play three in the middle against the mancs

Reina
      Kelly     Carra    Skrtel       Enrique

Lucas    Adam
                   Gerrard

Kuyt     Suarez    Downing

Going for a close game 2-1
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #66: Oct 03, 2011 03:21:35 pm
      Personally, I want to see Carrol start for this one.  The one change that I really want to see is I think we need Stevie playing this one from the start!!!  I'd like to see us go with the same team we fielded against Everton, except Stevie in for Adam.  That will do me :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #67: Oct 03, 2011 03:34:44 pm
      Personally, I want to see Carrol start for this one.  The one change that I really want to see is I think WE need Stevie playing this one from the start!!!  I'd like to see us go with the same team we fielded against Everton, except Stevie in for Adam.  That will do me :)
      Well it's good to see they haven't put our man in the F***ing stupid international, the word is he's not being risked after his recent groin problem,  talk about stating the F***ing obvious.
      « Last Edit: Oct 03, 2011 03:40:07 pm by stuey »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #68: Oct 03, 2011 03:52:06 pm
      I'm not sure if I'd start Carroll. It's not a matter of how much he cost, just how much he's been offering to the team. My 'best XI' this season wouldn't have him, but I wouldn't want to kill his confidence after that first goal. Also, we did a pretty decent job last time we faced them with Kuyt upfront. Difficult decision.

I thought Downing was one of our worst players in the derby, but I wouldn't drop him, I like the idea of having Bellamy off the bench. If I had to pick the team right now, I'd probably go with: Reina; Kelly, Carra, Skrtel (Agger, if fit), Enrique; Lucas, Adam, Gerrard; Suarez, Downing, Kuyt.

Quick Reply