Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Carra back for Saturday

Read 1840 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Carra back for Saturday
      Sep 13, 2007 01:19:36 pm
      As per the Liverpool Echo today, Jamie has been given the all clear to play for the reds on Saturday.  Manager Rafa Benitez today confirmed Carra's inclusion in his weekend plans as he's now recovered from his rib and lung problems.  ;D

Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Re: Carra back for Saturday
      Reply #1: Sep 13, 2007 01:34:18 pm
      Great news.  The defence always looks more solid with Cara.  I suspect Rafa will ease him back in, maybe starting on the bench at Pompey.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2: Sep 13, 2007 01:45:20 pm
      This is excellent news, I feel so much more confident with Jamie in that back four, although they have done ok without him, just his presence on the field gives the defence more stability
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #3: Sep 13, 2007 01:53:57 pm
      Great news with all the international pl;ayer maybe feeling a bit tired we have a fresh Carra screaming from the back.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #4: Sep 13, 2007 02:29:06 pm
      Great news, he is the one player we really can't do without. Gerrard might be our best player, but when you look at the alternatives to replace him I'd be a lot more worried to see Carra missing from the teamsheet.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #5: Sep 13, 2007 02:59:40 pm
      Thank god for that, have to say Im glad as Uttaka who is an attacker will give me a crapper if Carras not playing. Theres a song in there somewhere Im sure.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Sep 13, 2007 03:02:09 pm
      Agree with all the above. Great news!! And I wouldn't be too surprised if Oldred is right about him on the bench. But I'd much rather Carra start on Saturday. Although we've done pretty good at the back in his absence, he offers more stability and is very commanding - wont let any of his fellow players around him slack off. Let's hope he comes back very fresh and he contributes to another clean sheet!!

(post 1977 - first European Cup!  ;D )
      Cy
      Reply #7: Sep 13, 2007 03:21:26 pm
      Great news to have Jamie back, it is always a worry when he is not on the time sheet. If declare fit he should start the game, which is probably what he want to do anyway. Good old Jamie..
      cal_lfc
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #8: Sep 13, 2007 05:40:35 pm
      good news to have jc back, always solid with him and always reliable .
      Jrwanderer
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 115 posts |
      • Team Spirit of Champions
      Reply #9: Sep 13, 2007 07:11:51 pm
      I'm Really glad to see Jamie back for the pompey game, although Sami and Daniel have done a fantastic job in his absence!

We all dream of a team of Carraghers!
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #10: Sep 13, 2007 10:17:01 pm
      Boss Rafael Benitez was really dispointed about the Premier Leugue's fixture, most of our pillars played to thiers nationnals teams and can't play properly, including Daniel Agger and Samy Hyypia, two importants center-back, Babel, Kuyt, played for Holland in thier winning match against Albania. Torres must be tired after his 2-0 winning match of Spain, he scored the second goal at the 86th minute. Riise scored for Norway yesterday, I think's not really ready yet but I'm glad that he scored. Voronin just came back after his 1-2 defeated against Italy, I think he's tired and a bit shock too. That's why I was so worried about this match, but when I heard Carrager and Gerrard came back, I feel really delighted, with them, I'm not scared anymore. By the way, congratulation, England, Spain and Denmark!   
      « Last Edit: Sep 13, 2007 10:21:47 pm by Chitose »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #11: Sep 13, 2007 10:26:15 pm
      Boss Rafael Benitez was really dispointed about the Premier Leugue's fixture, most of our pillars played to thiers nationnals teams and can't play properly, including Daniel Agger and Samy Hyypia, two importants center-back, Babel, Kuyt, played for Holland in thier winning match against Albania. Torres must be tired after his 2-0 winning match of Spain, he scored the second goal at the 86th minute. Riise scored for Norway yesterday, I think's not really ready yet but I'm glad that he scored. Voronin just came back after his 1-2 defeated against Italy, I think he's tired and a bit shock too. That's why I was so worried about this match, but when I heard Carrager and Gerrard came back, I feel really delighted, with them, I'm not scared anymore. By the way, congratulation, England, Spain and Denmark!   

These are professional sportsmen, playing 90 mins mid-week should NOT make them tired !!  They will be rearing to go Saturday so no worries there.  And never ever be scared Chiltose, we are the MIGHTY REDS.  ;)
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #12: Sep 13, 2007 11:41:07 pm
      And never ever be scared Chiltose, we are the MIGHTY REDS.  ;)

True! After all, we'll never walk alone!
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #13: Sep 14, 2007 07:44:05 am
      Good news definitly but we weren't doing to bad without him but like everyone has stated he brings much more stability
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #14: Sep 14, 2007 01:41:41 pm
      that's the best news i've heard all week

Quick Reply