Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool close in on naming rights partner

Read 36326 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Liverpool close in on naming rights partner
      Reply #92: Oct 10, 2011 01:12:13 am
      I'm all for this naming rights idea. No matter what it's called I'm still going to call it by it's original name so it's no bother. If it means extra money to support the team and the club so be it.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #93: Oct 10, 2011 08:39:25 am
      Everton vs Liverpool: "The Chosen One" highlights growing cash gap

Friday, 30 September 2011

Everton manager "The Chosen One" has spoken about the financial gap which has widened over the last year between his club and city rivals Liverpool.

Moyes said: "Liverpool have had a level of finance which has allowed them to buy a different level of player."

But, on the eve of the 216th Merseyside derby, he insisted he was not jealous of his opposite number, Kenny Dalglish.

Moyes said: "I don't think I look with envy. I'm just stating facts. It has never been any different here."

Liverpool, backed by wealthy owner John W Henry, spent millions in the last two transfer windows on Andy Carroll, Luis Suarez, Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam, Jose Enrique, Stewart Downing and Sebastian Coates.

Everton, in contrast, made four loan signings and brought in Apostolos Vellios for a nominal fee.

Moyes said: "Over the years we've tried to be competitive, tried to get as close to them as we can.

"We know it's a big rivalry in the city, and I'm aware of that, but most people are aware there have been differences over the years between Liverpool and Everton, and all of it has been financial.

"This time last year Liverpool weren't in great condition. They were maybe in a similar situation to us here where they were having to give money back to the banks.

"The supporters were quite restless at the time, but they've had new owners, a change of manager and brought in new players, so they have turned it around quite a lot.

"That's there for everybody to see and everybody knows that. At this present time we've not got the funds Liverpool have had given to them in the last year. That's given them a big help."

Moyes is resigned to the fact that things are not likely to change in the near future and added: "We have always worked within our means, and in many seasons the same things have happened and we've still always found a way of getting there, so hopefully we can do that again this year.

"It has been hard to get above Liverpool in the league table, and we have done everything we can to win as many derby games as we can, which has been tough.

"We've tried to be competitive against them, tried to hang onto their shirt tails, and at times try to get above them, but as I say, it's not been easy."

Moyes believes that with more cash they would pose more of a threat.

He said: "We got really close last year, and things have changed very quickly for Liverpool in that time.

"Last season we had a really good side at times. I think we showed that, although not come the end of the season because our league position wasn't good enough.

"But with a little bit of help then we could have been up there competing."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15131593.stm

Old news and commented on else where.  Keep up!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #94: Oct 10, 2011 10:43:07 am
      Old news and commented on else where.  Keep up!

Well, it is funny when a moderator completely misses out the point of the post, but you are only human, after all ... That interview by Moyes is giving a very realistic and honest assessment of the importance of money in the modern day football ... At the moment, the Bitters are in the same position compared to us, as we are compared to the Mancs and Arsenal ...
      Twenny-Pence
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #95: Oct 10, 2011 09:46:25 pm
      Probably not worth getting into a Rafa debate, here DLS. I have a different opinion to you about what Rafa achieved at our club.

There is a very strong correlation between how good a squad is and how much income that club has. It's why Everton and Nottingham Forest will never will the league again (unless something major changes) despite their successful history. You cannot have a title winning side or even a side capable of qualifying for the Champions League without a significant spend on wage bill/transfer kitty. That is the unpleasant reality of modern football.

Was about to say, under Cloughy.. Forest did not have big spending funds available but achieved European glory!
      But you do state 'the modern game' which i agree is a different story...
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #96: Oct 16, 2011 08:02:01 pm
      Well, it is funny when a moderator completely misses out the point of the post, but you are only human, after all ... That interview by Moyes is giving a very realistic and honest assessment of the importance of money in the modern day football ... At the moment, the Bitters are in the same position compared to us, as we are compared to the Mancs and Arsenal ...

Missed the point?

You copied and Pasted a news article from the 30th Oct, which you posted on the 9th October.

I'm not going to read a 10 day old article to analyse  your cryptic message.

You just posted a piece of news, and did not comment on the article or give any freakin' clue what you were hinting at.

Next time comment on the article you have posted, and us mere humans might have a idea what you are on about.

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #97: Oct 17, 2011 01:24:31 pm

Like RedPup said, you might want to start commenting on articles to give an indication of what your opinion on that particular subject is - rather than making it look like you're copy and pasting and old random sh*te to boost your post count (especially as you're trying to demean a member of staff whilst doing the aforementioned).

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #98: Oct 17, 2011 01:45:57 pm
      Like RedPup said, you might want to start commenting on articles to give an indication of what your opinion on that particular subject is - rather than making it look like you're copy and pasting and old random sh*te to boost your post count (especially as you're trying to demean a member of staff whilst doing the aforementioned).

I have already posted my comments on the issue earlier ...

On a serious note, it is amazing that a serious part of our fan base is still unaware of the direct co-relation between the money available, and the achieved success ... I'd be very happy for us to stay at Anfield, but the modern day football economics are pointing out in a single possible direction: Building a new, modern stadium, with increased capacity and heavily improved corporate and match-day hospitality facilities ... Of course, selling the naming rights to the new ground is an obligatory part of the process ...

The article was posted later, as an indication that all the clubs without a new stadium and modern corporate hospitality facilities are experiencing the same problems ... That article was part of a wider debate, not an entity for itself ...
      King of the Kop
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #99: Feb 03, 2012 04:55:15 pm
      Well developing along very nicely indeed .. Can See Standard Chartered winning it considering hey have juxt signed an £81million deal for the shirt sponsorship recently. Whoever gets the naming rights will be gaining adevrtising on the grandest scale, good luck to them YNWA
      scooby21169
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #100: Feb 06, 2012 02:31:13 pm
      Coca Cola have been a sponsoring partner of Roush- Fenway Nascar racing team for over 10 years . John Henry is a 50% owner of that racing team so Coca Cola could have a little more truth to it than it seems.
      scooby21169
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #101: Feb 06, 2012 02:41:43 pm
      Plus Coca-Cola had 2011 yearly profits of $35.1b. So $250 million dollars aint gunna break their bank.
      « Last Edit: Feb 06, 2012 04:01:03 pm by JD »
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #102: Feb 06, 2012 05:17:05 pm
      I really have absolutely no knowledge when it comes to these things but if/when we move is there ANY possibility of Anfield being able to be kept standing as a museum or something along those lines?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #103: Feb 06, 2012 05:30:03 pm
      I really have absolutely no knowledge when it comes to these things but if/when we move is there ANY possibility of Anfield being able to be kept standing as a museum or something along those lines?

No. The running costs, security etc would be high. If and when a new ground is up and running the present one will be demolished.
      scooby21169
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #104: Feb 06, 2012 06:31:37 pm
      Roush-Fenway Nascar Racing have approx 20 main sponsorship partners. Including Coca-Cola, Subway, Citizen Watches, UPS,Kellogs, Cargills, Gatorade, Ford , Best Buys to name, but a few so hopefully they can invite some of those to England and to Liverpool.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #105: Feb 10, 2012 04:15:14 am
      Let's just go with Rola Cola!!
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #106: Feb 14, 2012 04:28:57 pm
      with all the recent events that have transpired we might as well call it the K.K.K. Stadium, or Klanfield

I am making a joke btw
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #107: Feb 14, 2012 05:00:15 pm
      with all the recent events that have transpired we might as well call it the K.K.K. Stadium, or Klanfield

I am making a joke btw

Why put it on a forum then?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #108: Feb 14, 2012 05:04:14 pm
      Didn't know there was a forum rule saying you couldn't make a joke.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #109: Feb 14, 2012 05:10:38 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #110: Feb 14, 2012 05:10:49 pm
      Didn't know there was a forum rule saying you couldn't make a joke.

Its ok for club suppporters to have a gag about Klu Klux Klan but when another set of fans decide to label us as a racist club using images of the kkk then why do we jump up and down and spit blood.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #111: Feb 14, 2012 05:17:12 pm
      Its ok for club suppporters to have a gag about Klu Klux Klan but when another set of fans decide to label us as a racist club using images of the kkk then why do we jump up and down and spit blood.
      There's a big difference between taking the piss out of ourselves and the vitriol that other fans are saying. Lighten up.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #112: Feb 14, 2012 05:58:35 pm
      There's a big difference between taking the piss out of ourselves and the vitriol that other fans are saying. Lighten up.

this is what I was going for
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #113: Feb 18, 2012 04:42:37 pm
      Personally I haven't heard any in house KKK 'jokes' nor would I want to, the only joke is that drunken old tw*t down the M62.
      The bitters are jerking each other off with the Anfield full of racists comments and again the only amusing aspect is the source of the pitiful "wind ups".
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #114: Mar 01, 2012 09:04:24 pm
      I for one was pleased to see the end of the Carlsberg shirt sponsorship.
      It never sat right with me ...kids running round with a free beer advert on their shirt.

Standard Chartered Stadium ?   Thats ambigous enough.

When you look at the market place there is a limited amount of sponsors who will stump up 150 million for a name on a ground even if its Anfield.

I do believe though that John Henry and Tom Werner will use their Yankee clout to pull in a mega deal to get this baby to fly.
      We are well behind and do need that spade in the ground now.

Quick Reply