Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would get your man of the match award?

Luis Suarez
      (15.3%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (32.1%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (4.2%)
      Charlie Adam
      (25.3%)
      Jose Enrique
      (22.1%)
      Stewart Downing
      (1.1%)

Liverpool 1-1 Manchester Utd: In-Game and Post Match Thoughts

Read 47775 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Liverpool 1- 1 Manchester Utd: In-Game and Post Match Thoughts
      Reply #713: Oct 16, 2011 04:03:01 pm
      I don't understand why people repsond to a manc on here its quite puzzling.
      Ferguson knows we will get stronger as the team bonds together so he was happy with a point here. There isnt a UTD player who isnt a c**t so I wil not take nayhting form them especially Evra he is such a little tw*t.
      We need a good run through to Christmas now and we have to start using Carrol better.I saw Pennant put some fantastic far post crosses for Crouch yesterday  Downing needs to improve that part of his game when Andy is playing.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #714: Oct 16, 2011 04:27:15 pm
      Anyone taking notice to Suarez apparently being racist to Evra?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15328769.stm

Luis Suarez says he is "upset" about being accused of racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra during Saturday's Premier League match.

The Liverpool striker wrote on Twitter: "I can only say that I have always respected and respect everybody.

"We are all the same. I go to the field with the maximum illusion of a little child who enjoys what he does, not to create conflicts."

The Football Association has said that it will investigate Evra's claims.

The United defender alleges the incident took place during the 1-1 draw at Anfield.

A Liverpool spokesman earlier told the Press Association that Suarez "categorically denied" the allegation.

An FA statement read: "Referee Andre Marriner was made aware of an allegation at the end of the fixture and has reported this to the FA.

"The FA will now begin making enquiries into the matter."

Evra was quoted as telling French TV station Canal Plus: "There are cameras, you can see him [Suarez] say a certain word to me at least 10 times."
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #715: Oct 16, 2011 04:28:52 pm
      Was just about to post this, I ain't seen any evidence yet like. Typical United, dreaming up an excuse for a poor performance.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #716: Oct 16, 2011 04:34:26 pm
      Have to say, I have no idea whether he said it or not but I am afraid of what controversary may come from this. This could go on for weeks and with the FA investigating it, both Evra and Suarez may be called to London for meetings etc. All this bother could distract Suarez.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #717: Oct 16, 2011 04:37:52 pm
      Anyone taking notice to Suarez apparently being racist to Evra?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15328769.stm

Luis Suarez says he is "upset" about being accused of racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra during Saturday's Premier League match.

The Liverpool striker wrote on Twitter: "I can only say that I have always respected and respect everybody.

"We are all the same. I go to the field with the maximum illusion of a little child who enjoys what he does, not to create conflicts."

The Football Association has said that it will investigate Evra's claims.

The United defender alleges the incident took place during the 1-1 draw at Anfield.

A Liverpool spokesman earlier told the Press Association that Suarez "categorically denied" the allegation.

An FA statement read: "Referee Andre Marriner was made aware of an allegation at the end of the fixture and has reported this to the FA.

"The FA will now begin making enquiries into the matter."

Evra was quoted as telling French TV station Canal Plus: "There are cameras, you can see him [Suarez] say a certain word to me at least 10 times."

I think most of us are aware of it, but just ignoring it, as Alex has posted above, he has (Evra) done this before, and no evidence was found to back it up.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #718: Oct 16, 2011 04:54:10 pm
      Evra was quoted as telling French TV station Canal Plus:
      "There are cameras, you can see him [Suarez] say a certain word to me at least 10 times."

I get Spanish and French TV.

What he said was:

"Je suis un plongeur et un tricheur".

;D
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #719: Oct 16, 2011 05:02:12 pm
      Evra was quoted as telling French TV station Canal Plus:
      "There are cameras, you can see him [Suarez] say a certain word to me at least 10 times."

I get Spanish and French TV.

What he said was:

"Je suis un plongeur et un tricheur".

;D

Evra also quoted:

"D'ailleurs, je suis un classe A w * nker et mon manager est af * cking anciens ivrognes b * stard"  :f_whistle:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #720: Oct 16, 2011 05:18:24 pm
      Evra also quoted:

"D'ailleurs, je suis un classe A w * nker et mon manager est af * cking anciens ivrognes b * stard"  :f_whistle:
      No idea what ^^^^^^^means except 'your a f***in w**ker' of 1st class proportions and an old b***ard,

maybe Suarez used the 'N' word as yu eez a fookin NUMPTY, or in Evra's case,
      Le Numpty,
      whatever, it's all testicles as far as i'm concerned, like a couple of kids in a school playground, and as usual a mountain made from a molehill,
      its said Marriner has entered it into his after match report, if he didn't hear or see anything there is nothing to report, anything else is heresay,end of.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #721: Oct 16, 2011 05:44:48 pm
      No idea what ^^^^^^^means except 'your a f***in w**ker' of 1st class proportions and an old b***ard,

maybe Suarez used the 'N' word as yu eez a fookin NUMPTY, or in Evra's case,
      Le Numpty,
      whatever, it's all testicles as far as I'm concerned, like a couple of kids in a school playground, and as usual a mountain made from a molehill,
      its said Marriner has entered it into his after match report, if he didn't hear or see anything there is nothing to report, anything else is heresay,end of.

Google translate. An absoloute great pass time!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #722: Oct 16, 2011 05:55:13 pm
      Google translate. An absoloute great pass time!

Just got back from Berlin, I think the Hotel used Google Translate to "translate" their brochure! Funny as!
      dryder1
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 291 posts |
      Reply #723: Oct 16, 2011 06:15:58 pm
      Wouldn't be like Patrice Evra to make up lies in order to cause trouble would it? Cough Cough France's 2010 World Cup campaign
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #724: Oct 16, 2011 06:17:38 pm
      The thing i hate most about football is when you dont get what you deserve in a match. Liverpool were by far the better team, created more and looked the most likely to get amongst the goals. It just annoys the F**k out of me when you are the better team and you only come away with a point.
      Anyway it shows that we can compete against anybody and really go out and win the majority of our games, bring on next week so we can get 3 points and keep in amongst the teams at the top of the table.
      IKWT.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #725: Oct 16, 2011 06:21:25 pm
      Just managed to get back on here, first time since match. Haven't read the other posts yet, apart from the last two or three about the Evra accustions. Not really interested in that though. As for the match, voted motm for Enrique, as on the radio, he sounded solid in defence, with carisma, and dangerous every time he went forward. As  for the rest, a decent all round performance, sloppy goal to concede, should have won convincingly, and am deeply disapointed we only got the draw. Ferguson was either concerned with games coming up and underestimated us, or was running scared and went defensive from the off playing for a 0 - 0 draw. Whatever the reasons, the lads did us proud and on another day we would have taken all three points. We proved to be a match for them, even with their so called big guns on. Just a shame we couldn't have got the win. Top 4 looking good on this form, and things will only get better.
      dryder1
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 291 posts |
      Reply #726: Oct 16, 2011 06:23:38 pm
      The good thing now is we have a handful of games coming up that we should be winning starting with Norwich at home next week, then West Brom, followed by Swansea.  If we can come away with nine points from them three games that will take us into the games against Chelsea and City in a good position.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #727: Oct 16, 2011 06:28:51 pm
      Not Lost. We're all dissapointed by the Draw.

We Fought. We Created Chances. Couldn't Score. We are Not direct competitor of Manc right now. Our Main aim is Top 4. Then we can make a Big Push.

We played Well. Overall we are improving. Heads Held High.

Our aim is the title, and always will be unless it is mathematically impossible.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #728: Oct 16, 2011 06:34:58 pm
      All this fuss about Ferdinand catching Adams toe  :-\ Your man certainly made a meal of it. Nothing said about...(( I think ))... kelly taking a dive down the flanks. Now I know Evra shouldn't of been sticking his hands out for a card. However, it was a dive 100% and no one says anything.  :f_steam:. Funny how some of you see the negatives of others but not your own.

There was minimal contract, if there was any. More like a graze, actually and Adam made the most of it. While some dives are easily spotted, there are also possibilities that players slip. I mean, maybe Adam and Downing could have dove but in other times, players could have just slipped on the surface.

Even if those were dives, we don't do it as often as your team :P
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #729: Oct 16, 2011 07:34:14 pm
      Evra:  " Monsieur ( le Nez du Whisky )  Ferguson m'a dit de le dire."

" Il peut être mon patron mais il est une c*nt!"
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #730: Oct 16, 2011 09:47:48 pm
      It was funny game because I really can't remmeber the last time the mancs showed up and set out as if they were a Wolves or West Brom. I spent most of the first half screaming at our lads to get in to them and try to win the ball back higher up the pitch because they really looked off the pace. Having said that I still thought we played quite well. I see Downing has got some criticism in this thread but he played pretty decent once again. There were a few occasions in the first half when either he or Enrique got into crossing positions but the support wasn't breaking forward quickly enough. In the 2nd half we played better. Stevie was popping up all over the place, Adam played a little further forward, we mangaed to get right on top of them and the crowd got more into the game. We were well worth the lead and it was a reall sucker punch when Hernandez got the equaliser because they didn't threaten anything all game. Main points for me were:

- Regardless of the result, the performance will have given the lads confidence for the rest of the season.

- Stevie coming through 90 minutes was a massive massive plus and he didn't look to rusty considering how long he's been out. His forages down the right flank and willingness to go at fullbacks will make a huge difference.

- Kenny got his starting line-up right. I'm sure Kenny thoguht about starting Carroll upfront but it was the right call to leave him on the bench for this one. I would have like to have seen Bellers on for Downing onces we got the goal and knew they would be puching for the equaliser.

- Carra was absolutely excellent again. Given that many think he shouldn't be a starter in this side I think it's worth pointing out.

- Young Henderson played very well when he came on and should take some confidence from his performance. Someone told me Lucas is suspended for the next game and if that is true then I'll be perfectly happy with Hendo in that role. 

- i haven't had the chance to watch it back on the box as yet but the MOTM was a toss up between Kuyt, Carra and Enrique for me.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #731: Oct 17, 2011 12:00:34 am
      There was minimal contract, if there was any. More like a graze, actually and Adam made the most of it. While some dives are easily spotted, there are also possibilities that players slip. I mean, maybe Adam and Downing could have dove but in other times, players could have just slipped on the surface.

Even if those were dives, we don't do it as often as your team :P

At last a fan that admits it. Downing cheated, END OF, yet your the only one to come forward. Evra isn't much better as well. Its a part of the game that will always be with us. We just have to hope the ref see's it and acts accordingly.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #732: Oct 17, 2011 12:02:47 am
      I don't understand why people repsond to a manc on here its quite puzzling.

Cos otherwise you would all agree with one another. Nothing wrong with debate, its good for the soul.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #733: Oct 17, 2011 12:04:30 am
      That is because we support ours and not yours.

What is even more funnier is the fact that we are being vilified for "diving" when your shower of ladyboys have been doing it for f***in' years.

Your lot don't like receiving the same style of cheating that you have been dishing out to other teams. Well sorry Keith, but tough sh*t.

What goes around comes around.

I agree, just don't think its your team that's always hard done by. It happens to us all.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #734: Oct 17, 2011 12:33:19 am
      I agree, just don't think its your team that's always hard done by. It happens to us all.

Thing is Keith you wernt really hard done by yesterday, if anything lady luck shone down on your boys as you could have quite easily went home on the wrong side of a drubbing again.

Must admit though Downings blatant dive is not something I like to see from any team or player including ours, i put it right up there with waving imaginary cards.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #735: Oct 17, 2011 12:44:18 am
      Dissapointed with the result because we deserved more then a point.

Sad to see a club of United's stature stoop so low and adopt a small team mentality to come to Anfield and park the bus.

Quick Reply