Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would get your man of the match award?

Luis Suarez
      (15.3%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (32.1%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (4.2%)
      Charlie Adam
      (25.3%)
      Jose Enrique
      (22.1%)
      Stewart Downing
      (1.1%)

Liverpool 1-1 Manchester Utd: In-Game and Post Match Thoughts

Read 47690 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Re: Liverpool 1- 1 Manchester Utd: In-Game and Post Match Thoughts
      Reply #736: Oct 17, 2011 12:59:06 am
      At last a fan that admits it. Downing cheated, END OF, yet your the only one to come forward. Evra isn't much better as well. Its a part of the game that will always be with us. We just have to hope the ref see's it and acts accordingly.

If Downing cheated by diving then Vidic cheats on every corner where he's holding another player's jersey (which is every corner) so I'm not too sure what you are going on about. Do you feel put upon by Downing's fall? Adam was fouled and Ferdinand probably should have been shown his second yellow and been sent off so again I'm not sure what your issue is.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #737: Oct 17, 2011 01:07:13 am
      At last a fan that admits it. Downing cheated, END OF, yet your the only one to come forward. Evra isn't much better as well. Its a part of the game that will always be with us. We just have to hope the ref see's it and acts accordingly.
      Adryan did not say he cheated if you care to actually read his post properly, without bias! You are guilty of putting words into his mouth by saying so. There was contact, albeit minimal. How much that affected his balance genuinely, neither you or I can say. When it comes to cheating, your lot wrote the F***ing book! You lot have a record as long as my arm with regards to diving, without any F***ing contact whatsoever, getting decisions to go your way with the aid of that whiskey nosed arl c**t pressurising refs, linesmen and forth officials while giving BJs to those on the FA!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #738: Oct 17, 2011 01:45:59 am
      I find it f***in' hilarious all the United supporters bitchin about the Penalty on Ferdinand.  This is a team which had no problems allowing Ronaldo to play his game. Jesus Christ,  Ronaldo hit the English turf more times than the Germans did during the Blitz.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #739: Oct 17, 2011 02:42:07 am
      BREAKING NEWS: Patrice Evra has admitted that the 'N' word Suarez used ten times was "nutmeg"
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #740: Oct 17, 2011 02:42:29 am
      The contact was there, Adam was denied a clear goalscoring opportunity, minimum yellow card. Ref bottled it and somehow mancs see this as injustice to them, sorry bunch of supporters that. Still happy with the way our team is improving so much under Kenny, should of walked over them, nice to see.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #741: Oct 17, 2011 07:50:05 am
      Cant believe we didnt win. We absolutely battered them. From all the press S***etalk, Utd play with this passing verve this season a la barcelona. Nothing. They were awful. Just goes to show too many teams in the prem give them too much respect and therefore that is why they get more points and results than there football deserve. 
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #742: Oct 17, 2011 08:17:33 am
      While I do not like to see diving/cheating/play acting by any team, including mine, I think we kinda have to accept that it's probably part and parcel of the game. United do it. Chelsea do it. Arsenal do it. Barcelona do it. Real Madrid do it. We do it. Maybe not so much of obvious diving but definitely exaggeration and play acting.

You often see players go down for minutes with a weak challenge then suddenly get up and get on with the game as if nothing happened when a card is either given out or when they know the referee isn't going to give anything.

It's very easy to slip on surface as well. Especially when you make sharp turns or strafe to a side then quickly push to sprint.

kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #743: Oct 17, 2011 08:32:27 am
      United did a job at the weekend, they played for a draw, and got it... knew they were going for a draw from team selection..

As for Suarez...Him and Evra has a few words at various points in the game... if the ref knew Suarez was racist, as Evra claims, Suarez would have been sent off... so, I feel Evra deserves a ban for lying.

Disappointed not to win, so lets kick on against Norwich on Saturday after this pointless friendly.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #744: Oct 17, 2011 08:35:59 am
      Evra:  " Monsieur ( le Nez du Whisky )  Ferguson m'a dit de le dire."

" Il peut être mon patron mais il est une c*nt!"
      Well said Monsieur Skip.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #745: Oct 17, 2011 10:15:21 am
      Adryan did not say he cheated if you care to actually read his post properly, without bias! You are guilty of putting words into his mouth by saying so. There was contact, albeit minimal. How much that affected his balance genuinely, neither you or I can say. When it comes to cheating, your lot wrote the f**king book! You lot have a record as long as my arm with regards to diving, without any f**king contact whatsoever, getting decisions to go your way with the aid of that whiskey nosed arl c**t pressurising refs, linesmen and forth officials while giving BJs to those on the FA!

Post 745 by Adryan says it all. He's 100% correct, we ALL DO IT! Can't see me putting words in his mouth, can you!  ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #746: Oct 17, 2011 10:32:12 am
      Thing is Keith you wernt really hard done by yesterday, if anything lady luck shone down on your boys as you could have quite easily went home on the wrong side of a drubbing again.

Must admit though Downings blatant dive is not something I like to see from any team or player including ours, I put it right up there with waving imaginary cards.

Lady luck in the last 5 mins yes. You deserved to nick it truth be known. However, there was plenty of lady luck with Gerrards goal cos he miss hit it. Granted the wall didn't help but we only have ourselves to blame for that. It was a happy ending if your a Manc though.  ;D
      plyred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      • It's bigger on the inside
      Reply #747: Oct 17, 2011 11:45:08 am
      Very disappointed with the final result. United shot 1 time on goal and they scored. It wasn't fair but that happens when the other team can't take its chances.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #748: Oct 17, 2011 11:48:17 am
      Very interesting game on Saturday - not as much of the blood and thunder that we usually have in those games.

It would be easy for me to sit here now and suggest that we should have played two up front, but then we may have been overrun in midfield.

I felt that when we scored and they made their subs we should have brought on Bellamy for Kuyt, who wasn't supporting Suarez anywhere near enough.  Rio Ferdinand is a liability for them, and I felt he got off a little easy by there being two centre-backs to mark one striker.  Had Bellamy or Suarez been on Ferdinand alone he would have errored.

Ultimately on the day we had the chances to win, and we are more disappointed with the draw than United were.

There has only been one game in 8 this season I have been disappointed with Liverpool's performance (at Spurs).  I think last year I thought we had played well in one in 8.  Vastly different and more enjoyable team to watch this year. 

Confident we will beat United at Old Trafford.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #749: Oct 17, 2011 01:06:41 pm
      Confident we will beat United at Old Trafford.

We do have the team to beat anyone if our attitude is correct but after we scored on saturday SKY pointed out that Man U had 80% possession for the next 10 minutes which is pretty much until they scored.

This worries me.

Are they really that good - No they are not so what happened?

We sat back and once again paid the price, it wasnt until they scored that the game opened up and we went looking for the win again.

They were there for the taking but our "attitude" or "tactics" told us to sit back and bed in rather than go for the second goal to kill the game.

Not a moan just an observation that I think needs to be addressed if we are to regularly beat these top teams.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #750: Oct 17, 2011 01:18:08 pm
      Last time we won the league there were tottenham riots
      A royal wedding
      We drew with united at anfield....Ha ha this is our year!!
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Manchester Utd: In-Game and Post Match Thoughts
      Reply #751: Oct 17, 2011 01:42:30 pm
      We put in a very positive performance on Saturday!!  I was very pleased with the way we went about our business.  We were pressing from the front, fighting for every loose ball, and playing smart passes.  We had great movement off the ball, created several chances, and we should have won the game.  If we play like that every game for the rest of the season, we will finish right near the top!  I already can't wait to watch us thump Norwich on Saturday!!!
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #752: Oct 17, 2011 03:49:40 pm
      Gutted, it really did feel like 2 points dropped & against the Mancs that's in a bizarre way a good feeling. Pretty poor first half, but I always thought we were in control. 2nd half much better by both sides, we created more. Only thing I'd fault would be lack of change & drive, they were there for the taking & we missed a big chance.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #753: Oct 17, 2011 03:54:09 pm
      Gutted, it really did feel like 2 points dropped & against the Mancs that's in a bizarre way a good feeling.

Well, considering that we have beaten them in the last 3 matches at Anfield, we have definitely dropped 2 points, and it is definitely not a good feeling ...
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #754: Oct 17, 2011 04:02:18 pm
      Well, considering that we have beaten them in the last 3 matches at Anfield, we have definitely dropped 2 points, and it is definitely not a good feeling ...

Not sure if you fully understand what I mean? Controlling Utd like we did & not looking like losing against is good, real good. Gutted about the points, of course yet bouyed by the way we made them look so poor.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #755: Oct 17, 2011 04:04:22 pm
      Not sure if you fully understand what I mean? Controlling Utd like we did & not looking like losing against is good, real good.

I am not interested in controlling the Mancs and not looking like losing ...

I am only interested in beating them, just like we did on the last 3 occasions at Anfield ...
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #756: Oct 17, 2011 04:25:32 pm
      I am not interested in controlling the Mancs and not looking like losing ...

I am only interested in beating them, just like we did on the last 3 occasions at Anfield ...

Mate, you can't be understanding what I mean, I'm not happy with the draw, it's dropped points. It's the fact that I am dissapointed about not beating the Mancs & indeed not thinking they are bound to score in a minute
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #757: Oct 17, 2011 04:38:12 pm
      Personally I was delighted with our performance (even more so if we could have converted a few of our chances) and very disappointed that we only got a draw. If we continue to perform to that level we will win a lot of games this season, the good news is I think we can and will play even better still as the season progresses.

I went for Suarez as my m.o.t.m. mainly because I thought we played very well as a team with no one really outshining the rest and he always looked threatening.... certainly I could have gone for Adam or Gerrard just as easily.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #758: Oct 17, 2011 05:25:58 pm
      Mate, you can't be understanding what I mean, I'm not happy with the draw, it's dropped points. It's the fact that I am dissapointed about not beating the Mancs & indeed not thinking they are bound to score in a minute

Well, we've left that feeling behind 3 years ago ... It has only briefly returned when Roy was in charge ... These days, we should be very disappointed when we don't beat the Mancs, especially at home, since it looked like we've got their measure ... Unfortunately, Ferguson has correctly predicted Kenny's tactics this time, and he's made his team selection accordingly ... Personally, I think that we've made a mistake by changing what was our game plan against them in the last 3 seasons at Anfield ... There was not enough high pressure from our attacking players and midfielders, and the dynamics of our play was lower than on the last 3 occasions ...

Quick Reply