Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool want Patrice Evra ban if Luis Suárez race claim is groundless

Read 42432 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Oct 17, 2011 01:13:49 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/16/liverpool-patrice-evra-luis-suarez?newsfeed=true

• 'Upset' Liverpool striker will fight any FA disciplinary case
      • Manchester United may need statements from other players

Liverpool have given their firm backing to Luis Suárez over his denial that he racially abused Patrice Evra at Anfield on Saturday – and want the Manchester United defender to receive a ban from the Football Association should his accusations prove groundless.

The Uruguay international has vehemently denied Evra's allegations that he racially abused him during Liverpool's 1-1 draw with United and will fight to clear his name if the FA decides to open a disciplinary case.

Suárez has also received a show of support from his employers. A Liverpool spokesman said: "Luis is adamant that he has not used language of that nature and the club is totally supportive of the player."

The inquiry will begin with the FA asking to speak to Evra on Monday to ascertain whether he intends to make an official complaint. Evra's accusation is that he was called "a nigger" – the Senegal-born Frenchman said he heard it "at least 10 times" – but Suárez insists it is not true.

"I'm upset by the accusations of racism," he said. "I can only say that I have always respected, and respect, everybody. We are all the same." Liverpool have accepted Suárez's version of events and, given the potential repercussions for their striker if Evra's allegations are proven, believe the France international should have a disciplinary case to answer if allegations of this magnitude are dropped.

Evra, accompanied by Sir Alex Ferguson, asked to see the referee Andre Marriner, after the match to report the alleged incidents and later expressed his anger in an interview with Canal Plus.

"In 2011, there are things you can't say any more," he said. "The referee knows and there will be an investigation. But I don't want to repeat what he said." The interviewer asked if Suárez had used racist words and he replied: "Yes, he did. We can see thanks to the television what he said. He said it at least 10 times. We can read it on his lips."

Evra's complaints have been included in Marriner's match report but the referee has also informed the FA and the Premier League that the first he knew of it was after the match. The two players could be seen exchanging words at various points of the second half but it may count against Evra that he did not raise the alleged offence with Marriner during the game.

On that basis, Evra will almost certainly need back-up statements from his United team-mates if the FA is to decide there is evidence to make a case against Suárez. United would not say if there were witnesses to Evra's allegations but, without them, the authorities may decide it is a case of one man's word against another.

In 2008 Evra was at the centre of accusations that he was racially abused by a groundsman at Chelsea while warming down. But an FA hearing into the allegation – which was made by a Manchester United employee – found that it was not proven. Evra was subsequently banned for four games and fined £15,000 for his part in the post-match altercation with the groundsman. The controversy comes at a particularly bad time given that Saturday's match launched Kick It Out's three-week "One Game, One Community" action programme, with players from both sides wearing anti-racism T-shirts, and every manager through the leagues wearing one of the organisation's badges.

A message was read out before the game saying that Liverpool did not tolerate racism of any form, and there was a message in the club programme, including a telephone number for supporters to report anyone guilty of offences.

Lord Herman Ouesley, the chairman of Kick It Out, said any footballer guilty of racism should face "severe action" both from the FA and the player's club, but "you would have to be able to prove it beyond reasonable doubt".

He added: "There were incidents in the second half and Evra seemed to get very agitated so something was obviously bugging him because he was quite incensed. But if this happened he should have brought it to the attention of the referee at the time."
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: Liverpool want Patrice Evra ban if Luis Suárez race claim is groundless
      Reply #1: Oct 17, 2011 01:15:33 pm
      Too F***ing right as well.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2: Oct 17, 2011 01:16:49 pm
       Evra is a horrible little tosspot. That isn't because of the colour of his skin, it's because of the badge on his shirt.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3: Oct 17, 2011 01:29:34 pm
      He's got a bit of a history of making things up hasn't he?

Can't stand the little w**ker as it is without this. Wonder if he will get any back up from other Man U players?

If it's deemed one man's word against the other then Evra will get away with it. That will be a shame because if he is not proven wrong then there will always be a doubt in the minds of some people whether Luis is a racist.

Just can't see how Evra can be proved 100% wrong so that he could be punished by the FA.

tw*t.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4: Oct 17, 2011 01:35:25 pm
      Lying little f**k. He's got a history of crying racism when nothing of the sort ever happened. He's a f**king disgrace.

A thouroughly unpleasant human being.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: Oct 17, 2011 01:36:41 pm
      He's got previous alright.
      If nothing can be proven he should get a ban.
      Lowlife.
      sergioh
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 123 posts |
      Reply #6: Oct 17, 2011 01:40:06 pm
      This and those bas**rds saying Adam was diving are just attempts to destabilize our players. Manure played like sh*t and cant handle not winning.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #7: Oct 17, 2011 01:56:13 pm
      I love the way Suarez is the darling of English media when he scores a goal, he's fleet of foot, a torture to all defences and a modern day King Kenny.

Now however, low and behold he's a controversial hothead whose hobbies include handling the ball off the goal line and biting opponents on more than a daily basis!

Evra deserves another 4 games same as when he accused Steve Finnan, little toerag.

YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #8: Oct 17, 2011 02:01:10 pm
      If no racism gets found then Evra should be f*cking banned and fined. Crying wolf too many times.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #9: Oct 17, 2011 02:02:21 pm
      I love the way Suarez is the darling of English media when he scores a goal, he's fleet of foot, a torture to all defences and a modern day King Kenny.

Now however, low and behold he's a controversial hothead whose hobbies include handling the ball off the goal line and biting opponents on more than a daily basis!

Is that what the papers are putting out is it mate yeah?

If it is then thats exactly why I stopped buying the National papers a long time ago (besides the Mirror on a Saturday - good weekly TV mag with that bad boy  ;) ).
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #10: Oct 17, 2011 02:04:23 pm
      No proof so Suarez should be in the clear.

Couldn't care less what happens to that tw*t Evra, whatever happens it won't be what it should be anyway. Given he's got previous accusations that have ended up being proven bollocks it should be an extended ban but I'd be amazed if it was so F**k him. Knowing that he's one lying tw*t and that our Luis isn't gonna get into any further bother is enough for me.

Care more about what happens to Luis than Evra and going on the evidence of nothing means Suarez should be in the clear. Anything after that isn't my concern.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4587 
      Reply #11: Oct 17, 2011 02:05:40 pm
      Has he got previous in the past over the same accusations? yes.

c**t is even hated in his own country.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #12: Oct 17, 2011 04:02:08 pm
      If this were true, and I hope it is not. Sky would have the video of the 10 incidents running 24/7, and the rag would have a pull out and keep souvenir. Neither are happening.

I read a comment on twitter which I felt was to the point. It said, that they (the scum), are trying to discredit Suárez, by firstly calling him a diver (Ferguson), and now a racist. cu*ts the lot of them.
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #13: Oct 17, 2011 04:05:07 pm
      How long does a FA investigation usually take?  Days, weeks, months....
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #14: Oct 17, 2011 04:14:16 pm
      I think the club are very confident that Evra is either lying or mistaken.

Whoever you are - to accuse someone of being Racist (when it's patently untrue) is a real shitty thing to do - in fact only a real scummy c**t could stoop so low.  :-\

To that extent the club are right to pursue recourse for a vexatious complaint.
      plyred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      • It's bigger on the inside
      Reply #15: Oct 17, 2011 05:04:35 pm
      He's a United player and he was the captain of the French team in WC 2010. Nothing more to say...
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #16: Oct 17, 2011 05:14:39 pm
      He's a muppet! Was acting up all game Saturday and hope to F**k the FA sort him out.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #17: Oct 17, 2011 05:21:31 pm
      If it is proved to be false, I can see him getting let off with just a warning about future conduct and what he says  :-\

That said, what ban could he get? Bringing the game into disrepute?
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #18: Oct 17, 2011 05:35:42 pm
      Think this will be difficult to prove i said he said wont get anywhere legally unless you have high quality video evedence. Yes evra  has history so does luis for negative behaviuor. But think this will just die out  eventually.   
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #19: Oct 17, 2011 05:48:33 pm
      There have been four occasions when Evra has intimated racial abuse.
      Two early in his career after arriving in France ....but nothing formal.

Then the Chelsea one and this one.

Like it has said. 
      He DID NOT REPORT IT IN THE GAME.  Not a word.
      Only after, with Big Daddy Whisky Nose holding his hand.

So Ferguson has fully condoned it ........... so he is as guilty as anyone else is.

Didn't Ferguson say "Suarez was diving all over the place" in the post match TV interview?

Did Kenny rise to that. Did he f**k!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #20: Oct 17, 2011 05:51:57 pm
      Evra should point out at which point he was racially abused. He wont be able to, as like twice before when he msde these claims, it was false.

Is right ban him for making false claims. Out and out pr*ck
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #21: Oct 17, 2011 05:55:52 pm
      Oh and if the ref "heard it" he would have acted on it. 2 minutes later Evra was booked. Strange, no?
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #22: Oct 17, 2011 05:56:59 pm
      There have been four occasions when Evra has intimated racial abuse.
      Two early in his career after arriving in France ....but nothing formal.

Then the Chelsea one and this one.

Like it has said. 
      He DID NOT REPORT IT IN THE GAME.  Not a word.
      Only after, with Big Daddy Whisky Nose holding his hand.

So Ferguson has fully condoned it ........... so he is as guilty as anyone else is.

Didn't Ferguson say "Suarez was diving all over the place" in the post match TV interview?

Did Kenny rise to that. Did he f**k!

Actually, evra didn't initiate the chelsea "racism" storm - if memory serves it was mike phelan and another member of backroom staff who made the complaint.

He has stated that he gets racial abuse in his birthplace of senegal, but apart from that I can't remember him doing this before.

The complaints against Finnan were 2 idiots supposedly lip reading what Finnan said, and evra didn't comment.

I'm not sticking up for the vile little f**ker, as his behaviour on saturday, constantly waving imaginary cards was abhorrent - but I also think a little clarity is needed regarding his so-called "previous" on race issues.

I hadn't realised myself until I did some reading about it - but evra has never stated anything like this before except about his birthplace, to the best of my knowledge.

Quick Reply