Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool want Patrice Evra ban if Luis Suárez race claim is groundless

Read 42431 times
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Re: Liverpool want Patrice Evra ban if Luis Suárez race claim is groundless
      Reply #276: Nov 05, 2011 03:24:44 am
      If they really wanted to stop racism then fining a player what is basically a pittance and a couple of weeks off work is a joke

IF Luis did do it even though I'm sure he didn't he should be fined 20% of his yearly wage and this should also apply to certain manc pricks that think that tarnishing players careers is an acceptable thing to do

As for Terry he should receive the same punishment as well as losing his England captaincy. The horrible man brings shame to the national squad.

If the FA really wanted to kick out racism then they should start kicking the offenders properly in the pocket and giving out real bans

Rant over :P

P.s I'd like to thank whatever uncontrollable force which put me on the path to becoming a Liverpool fan
      All we have to worry about player wise is Stevie twating some manc when he's out and Daniel Aggers Fragility

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #277: Nov 07, 2011 07:20:25 pm
      Have any of you been on the FA website its hardly Fan friendly and accessible is it. The point is they want our money but nothing else and Kenny knows we will not be happy if the FA fudge does not clear Luis 110% not even 99% will do.Its the same with Terry the "England" Captain they are sh*tting themselves 6 blokes in a pub could sort it out in 10 mins and come up with suitable punishment. The guy is a thug its well known and well documented ask Bellamy he does not like him at all.
      SO Luis is 100% clear or nothing for me and if we need to bring back our internet gang that got up Hicks nose it will have to be.

Scal Qaeda.
      Lads are ready to go Mr Walton...... Sir.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #278: Nov 08, 2011 01:11:26 am
      The last thing the FA want is fan involvement in their organization, it's another old institution that relies far too much on the old boy network.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #279: Nov 08, 2011 07:18:39 am
       As each day passes it is looking more likely  that we will not get a solution to Evras accusation and that is totally unfair on Suarez who I am totally convinced is the innocent party.Shame on the F.A.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #280: Nov 08, 2011 08:17:53 am
      Been almost 3 weeks since the incident. Can't be taking that long to find evidence of Suarez racially abusing Evra unless they are faking a video of that :laugh:

Because of this, Evra, Ferguscum and Man United deserve to be punished for simply unsettling our player.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #281: Nov 08, 2011 08:37:33 am
      It looks like this will just be swept under the carpet.  >:(

I F***ing hate those scum bas**rds.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #282: Nov 08, 2011 09:44:26 am
      Liverpool FC’s Luis Suarez will seek apology from Patrice Evra over racism claims

Luis Suarez height=300
        LUIS SUAREZ is seeking an apology from Patrice Evra with the Liverpool striker remaining adamant he did not racially abuse the Frenchman.
      Manchester United full-back Evra accused Suarez of making racist comments when the pair clashed during the second half of the 1-1 draw at Anfield more than three weeks ago.
      The Football Association have since opened an inquiry, and have visited Melwood to speak to Suarez about the incident, as well as holding discussions with Evra.
      The Liverpool striker arrived in Uruguay yesterday ahead of his country’s World Cup qualifier against Chile in Montevideo on Friday.
         And, speaking to local newspaper
      El Pais, Suarez stated he wants Evra to apologise – and claimed even the United players were surprised by the reaction of the defender.
      “There are things that happen in football, all in the moment, that leaves one feeling bad,” said Suarez. “Now we have to wait to see this issue decided and then the Manchester player and I will have to clear things up.
      “Depending on who ends up in the wrong, one of us will have to apologise.
      “The English FA will have to clear it up with him, because there is no proof at all that I have said anything racist. I didn’t say anything like that to him.
      “There were two sides of our discussion, one in Spanish and one in English. I didn’t insult him, it was just my way of expressing myself.

“I called him something that his own Manchester United players call him. Furthermore, even they were surprised at his reaction on the pitch.”

Meanwhile, Stewart Downing admits Liverpool are losing ground in the race for Champions League qualification by dropping too many home points.
      Kenny Dalglish’s side have now taken just 10 points from a possible 18 at Anfield this season following the goalless draw at home to promoted Swansea City at the weekend.
      And Downing said: “It was disappointing to draw, but although Swansea played quite well, if we had put our chances away and scored early it might have been different.
      “Probably the pleasing thing for the manager and the team is that we are creating chances. But we’re not putting them away.
      “We’ll just have to keep working on it and keep getting ourselves in the right positions and hopefully they’ll turn into goals soon.
      “Swansea are a good footballing team and they’ve played well this season, but with no disrespect to them we need to be winning games like that at home if we want to get to where we want to be, so it was a bit disappointing for us not to get the three points.”
      Pepe Reina has been named in the Spain squad for Saturday’s international friendly with England.
      But there is no place for in-form left-back Jose Enrique, despite a growing clamour to hand the Liverpool defender a debut call-up.
      Charlie Adam has withdrawn from the Scotland squad to face Cyprus in a friendly on Friday due to a knee injury.
      http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2011/11/08/liverpool-fc-s-luis-suarez-will-seek-apology-from-patrice-evra-over-racism-claims-55578-29737384/
      LFCexiled
      Reply #283: Nov 08, 2011 04:56:55 pm
      It's funny going on RedCafe and reading about their view of the incident. We are all so biased it's not even funny, but they take the cake (in my biased eyes :P ).

They're on 30 pages about this and seem to be loving it:

Quote from someuglytwat
      Liverpool are tarnishing their image as a club that has support all over the world by supporting a racist.
      That is the tragedy.
      but the thick scousers wont understand that.

Quote from anotheruglytwat
      They're not only supporting, harbouring and blatantly covering up a racist, they are also very publicly criticising the victim the of racist abuse and doing everything they can, very openly, to transfer the blame.   

If that isn't institutionalised racism and a massive v-sign to the victims of racial abuse and all the campaigns against that, I don't know what it is

And it wouldn't be a manc site without some ignorant c**t coming out with this one again:

Quote from atrulyignoranttwat
      always the victims.....

What an absolute shower of arse juice drinkers they are.
      Harry_Beadles
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      • He who laughs last didn't get it.
      Reply #284: Nov 08, 2011 05:01:10 pm
      I like the effort you have gone through to edit the names on the quotes exiled.

I think the FA are just waiting for it to go away. Really.

Clearly looking that way to me.

xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #285: Nov 08, 2011 05:03:09 pm
      Loving the name of the manc posters ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #286: Nov 08, 2011 05:20:16 pm

Me too.

Brilliant.    Classic that.
       ;D

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #287: Nov 08, 2011 06:56:37 pm

I just took it that those were their names.   :angel:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #288: Nov 08, 2011 07:04:14 pm

;D
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #289: Nov 08, 2011 07:46:37 pm

You can't polish a turd.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #290: Nov 08, 2011 10:02:54 pm
      Topic becoming a pain in the arse to mod.

Will reopen if there is any further developments.  Speculation about what was said/wasn't said could go on and on and on.

Topic Locked for now.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #291: Nov 14, 2011 12:23:35 pm
      UPDATE: smurftheburn received this response from The FA

Dear David

Thank you for contacting The Football Association. I am sorry for the delay in response.

I can confirm that the investigation involving Suarez and Evra is still ongoing. No further comment will be made at this time.

Kind regards

Tracey Bates | Customer Relations Assistant
      Communications
      The FA Group
      Wembley Stadium | Wembley I London | HA9 0WS
      Postal Address: Wembley Stadium, PO Box 1966, London, SW1P 9EQ
      T +44 (0) 844 980 8200 # 4707
      www.TheFA.com
      RedLFCBlood
      FA delayed by language confusion in Evra-Suárez racism case
      Reply #292: Nov 14, 2011 12:40:24 pm
      Feel free to Merge in the other thread, I'd have posted in there but its ermm locked.

FA delayed by language confusion in Evra-Suárez racism case

• FA may have to consider cultural differences
      • Liverpool player denies allegation of racial abuse

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/13/luis-suarez-patrice-evra?newsfeed=true

Patrice Evra has been informed that he may have difficulty proving he was the victim of racial abuse from Luis Suárez, because of a counter-argument that certain variations of the N-word are not deemed offensive where the Liverpool player grew up, in Uruguay.

The Manchester United defender has accused Suárez of using racist language during a 1-1 draw at Anfield on 15 October and is waiting to discover whether, almost a month later, the Football Association will charge the Liverpool striker with misconduct. Top-level sources at Old Trafford say the offending word was uttered in Spanish and allegedly was a derivative of "negro", with Evra stating that it was used "at least 10 times".

However, Suárez has categorically denied racially abusing the Senegal‑born France player and the FA's investigators are having to consider the different context with which words that would be considered offensive in England are commonly used in Uruguay and other Spanish-speaking countries.

"Negrito", for example, could have shocking connotations for someone without full knowledge of the nuances of the language. But the counter-argument is that this is one of several derivations that are used in many countries, with no derogatory meaning – often in the same way someone could be called "pal" or "mate". An illustration of this comes in the form of the message Dani Pacheco, the Liverpool player who is currently on loan at Rayo Vallecano, sent to his Spain Under-21 team-mate Thiago Alcântara via Twitter on Friday. It begins: "Negrito, enjoy yourself …"

This was a conversation between two friends. In Uruguay, it is quite common for commentators to use the same word to describe Premier League players. Visitors to the country can be taken aback by this form of language. But other derivatives are also commonly used, often to describe people of all races in affectionate terms, including family members.

Whether Evra was aware of these nuances at the time is not clear, but he and United have subsequently been informed that the case does not merely rest on what Suárez said but also, crucially, the context in which his words were used. The two players were arguing at the time and it is beyond argument that Suárez was trying to wind up his opponent, but the crux of the matter is the meaning of whatever was said and differentiating between something that would not be offensive in one country but shocking in another.

Suárez, backed by Liverpool, has repeatedly protested his innocence. The forward, who scored all four goals as Uruguay beat Chile 4-0 on Friday, has not publicly disclosed the words he used. He said last week that it was not an insult but just a "way of expressing myself. I called him something his team-mates at Manchester call him, and even they were surprised by his reaction."

The complexities of a difficult, highly sensitive case help to explain why the FA has taken so long to decide whether to take action against Suárez. The player's poor grasp of English has also contributed, as all his interviews have been in Spanish, requiring careful translation.

Any case against him would also have to prove that, having played in Europe since 2006, he should be aware of what is acceptable or not. However, this would be a difficult task. If Suárez accepts he used one of the N‑words, he would have the scope to argue it is a common and inoffensive term for someone of his background, citing a clash of language and culture between one player from South America and Europe.

Liverpool have let it be known they will ask the FA to take action against Evra if the governing body concludes that Suárez has no case to answer. However, the latest revelations throw up the possibility that both players have given a legitimate account of what happened, rather than it being a case of one man's word against another.

Kenny Dalglish, the Liverpool manager, has voiced his objections about the length of time the case is taking the FA, but it is still not clear when an announcement will be made. The case is so complex it may be that the FA needs to take advice from South America about the relevant linguistic issues before deciding whether or not to proceed any further.

kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Re: FA delayed by language confusion in Evra-Suárez racism case
      Reply #293: Nov 14, 2011 01:00:54 pm
      Interesting read......
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #294: Nov 14, 2011 01:04:19 pm
      so basically suarez was just pretending to be his mate, to get under his skin, from what i've gathered. like if the word was bro, i imagine suarez buzzing around him all game "you alright bro? i'm too quick for you bro? what's wrong bro? don't look too happy bro?" and evra the sore loser played the race card. or the manc scum just jumped on the opportunity to tarnish our name.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #295: Nov 14, 2011 01:06:42 pm
      Nice get-out for either 'guilty' party I suppose.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #296: Nov 14, 2011 01:47:31 pm
      Nice get-out for either 'guilty' party I suppose.

The best get out clause for the FA I suppose, when you think about it, they have to take no action against either player if it can not be proven and they refer to language meanings as their reasons.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #297: Nov 14, 2011 05:11:44 pm
      Been called a güero so many times I can't count, basically "white boy". Been called that by friends and at one time family. The same terminology can be reversed using the word Negrito, and I suspect that if Luis used that term it was not in a racist way. Like mentioned above this is going to give the FA a way out of this mess and I suspect all sides will quite down and the incident will disappear.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #298: Nov 14, 2011 06:38:04 pm
      The best get out clause for the FA I suppose, when you think about it, they have to take no action against either player if it can not be proven and they refer to language meanings as their reasons.
      Yeah that's what I meant really, no action will need to be taken against either player.

Quick Reply