Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool want Patrice Evra ban if Luis Suárez race claim is groundless

Read 42435 times
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Re: Liverpool want Patrice Evra ban if Luis Suárez race claim is groundless
      Reply #299: Nov 14, 2011 06:53:35 pm
      Been called a güero so many times I can't count, basically "white boy". Been called that by friends and at one time family. The same terminology can be reversed using the word Negrito, and I suspect that if Luis used that term it was not in a racist way.

Exactly. In Spanish culture, "racial" terms are terms of endearment. Like I;ve said, my soon-to-be father in law calls his wife  his "negra" every day. My fiancee calls me her gringo/guero, and I call her my cafecita/paisa. They call every person of Asian descent "chino/a". It's just the way the culture is.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #300: Nov 14, 2011 07:20:59 pm
      How lucky for the FA - they can do nothing yet appear to have done something... It's a joke! If it was a misunderstanding then it would have been soved a long time ago. Basically Evra played the race card and now he will yet again get away with it - it's discusting!

If Suarez was racially abusing Evra then he should be charged - if Evra made a false accusation he should be charged. If Evra missunderstood Suarez or thought he was being racist then he should have said something during the game. He didnt because there was nothing to complain about..!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #301: Nov 14, 2011 07:28:37 pm
      Beyond reasonable doubt.
      Is it?

No.

Case dismissed.

You should hear what Im called in my own house FFS.

Im just off to play some Eminem. :angel:
       ;D
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #302: Nov 14, 2011 09:09:54 pm
      I can't see how people can really be upset with this.  I was all for throwing the book at one or the other based on who was in the wrong here, but it sounds like it could have legitimately been a misinterpretation/misunderstanding.  If Suarez used a word like "negrito" as described in the report, then surely there can be no derogatory racial implications intended by Luis.  However, Evra being French is probably not familiar with South American slang terms, and he probably took it as being a version of the dreaded "N" word.  I can understand how he could have misunderstood what Luis was saying, and therefore reported it as racial abuse.  However, it appears there is nothing wrong with what Luis said, so it is a non issue. 

Just my 2 cents though...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #303: Nov 14, 2011 09:13:50 pm
      What a tangled web they weave.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #304: Nov 14, 2011 09:31:52 pm
      I can't see how people can really be upset with this.  I was all for throwing the book at one or the other based on who was in the wrong here, but it sounds like it could have legitimately been a misinterpretation/misunderstanding.  If Suarez used a word like "negrito" as described in the report, then surely there can be no derogatory racial implications intended by Luis.  However, Evra being French is probably not familiar with South American slang terms, and he probably took it as being a version of the dreaded "N" word.  I can understand how he could have misunderstood what Luis was saying, and therefore reported it as racial abuse.  However, it appears there is nothing wrong with what Luis said, so it is a non issue. 

Just my 2 cents though...
      Evra didnt give anyone the chance to sort it out before defaming Suarez on French TV.Its not a simple misunderstanding its a very serious acusation.Its just as bad to call some one a racist as it is to be one.Hang the f**ker.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #305: Nov 14, 2011 09:39:57 pm
      Evra didnt give anyone the chance to sort it out before defaming Suarez on French TV.Its not a simple misunderstanding its a very serious acusation.Its just as bad to call some one a racist as it is to be one.Hang the f**ker.

I understand your point, but Evra probably believed that what Luis said to him that day was racially charged.  I have to admit that if I heard a Spanish speaking person call someone of African descent a "negrito" I would have thought that it was intended to carry derogatory racial implications.  Perhaps Evra did not handle this in the best way, but from what I have gathered, I don't think you can really blame either one of them in this scenario. 

Luis admitted to having said something, it just wasn't racially abusive because of the Spanish context within which he used it.  Evra misunderstood what Luis said, so he made his claim that he was racially abused.  For me, as long as the FA makes a statement that Suarez did no wrong and helps to clear his name, then I think this is a non issue. 
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #306: Nov 14, 2011 09:48:04 pm
      Evra needs to apologize!!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #307: Nov 14, 2011 09:57:05 pm

At the very least!, I'f he misunderstood  then fair enough but any right person would apologise for that Misunderstanding !
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #308: Nov 14, 2011 10:48:49 pm
      So is it OK that my wife keeps calling me fat bastadito..?

I thought it, so I thought I'd share it. :)
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #309: Nov 14, 2011 11:01:14 pm
      The more i think of it, the more I think this was a calculated move to upset Suarez's form by Slur and that little bi*ch!

Kenny and Liverpool should be really aggressive and upfront with the media in there opinions about this and force an appology.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #310: Nov 15, 2011 12:53:06 am
      The F.A.  ?            A Toothless Poodle.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #311: Nov 15, 2011 07:17:32 am
      Quote from DOBBS83
      Evra needs to apologize!!

Exactly. I understand where harrydunn08 is coming from and it may have been a misunderstanding but Evra was quick to open his mouth (again) and mud sticks. Either he accepts that explanation and publically apologised to Luis or the FA need to punish him for making false accusations.

No that they will.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #312: Nov 15, 2011 04:00:44 pm
      Couldnt agree more...

This whole mess could have gone away if Evra came out and said 'I mis understood what Suarez was saying - he was not being racist. I am not familiar with slang terms from South America and in future will be more carefull with what I accuse people of in the future'. Then a few lines about him being a great player, liverpool a great club and the hope that no long term damage has been caused... The FA would have dropped the case, Suarez would have been cleared and Evra might have got a bit of dignity out of it. Now however it is too late for an appoligy - someone has to be punished for this. In my opinion if it's LFC then Suarez and the club get a rollocking - and if Evra then the club and he gets a rollocking...

Again the FA will back Utd - however they have done this at their cost. Liverpool fans will work long and hard to protect this club, the players and the fans. We will not forget and not back down until we get Justice - for any wrong done to our beloved club... The FA should know this and realise that they have a fight on their hands...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #313: Nov 15, 2011 04:11:59 pm
      The mandarins at the FA going to fudge another inquiry, excuse me while I pretend to be shocked.   :o
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #314: Nov 15, 2011 04:14:35 pm
      My first impression still holds - it was another wind up laughingly described as "mind games" by the pr**k Evra and given full backing initially by Slur Alcho, until it became obvious just how much bollocks it was.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #315: Nov 15, 2011 10:16:38 pm
      This is Evra we are talking about he has got form in shouting his mouth off without getting the facts right.Do him for for being a prize pr**k.
      He has damaged the whole issue of racism by shouting his big mouth off to the French press. Why couldn't he tell the REF what Suarez said or have a word with someone after the match.
      He is a nasty little man who needs taking down a peg or two.
      bossred1
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      Reply #316: Nov 16, 2011 01:57:49 pm
      Disgrace this hasn't been solved yet.... I want that little c**t to apologize for his lies. NOW
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #317: Nov 16, 2011 02:32:54 pm
      it took the FA that long to come up with a reason to not charge either party.

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #318: Nov 16, 2011 04:06:11 pm
      it took the FA that long to come up with a reason to not charge either party.

Have they made a decision yet..?
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #319: Nov 16, 2011 05:13:35 pm
      Slur Alex is pissed, and hasn't told them what to do allegedly!  ;)

Quick Reply