Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Petition to force The S*n to release its Hillsborough "The Truth" sources

Read 12785 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Petition to force the S*n newspaper to release its Hillsborough "The Truth" sour
      Reply #23: Oct 18, 2011 07:23:36 pm
      Done

JFT96

I cringe when i see that kunt Mckenzie on tv, i want to put my fist thru the screen and grab the b***ard,i f***in detest him, if i ever came face to face with kunt i'd headbutt the kunt 96 times for what that kunt allowed to happen, he is a total f***in sh*te.  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:
      MsGerrard
      Re: Petition to force the S*n newspaper to release its Hillsborough "The Truth" sour
      Reply #24: Oct 18, 2011 08:31:13 pm
      6797 sigs now.

Done.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #25: Oct 18, 2011 08:38:27 pm
      Done
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #26: Oct 18, 2011 08:47:22 pm
      Done, let's nail these b***ards.

Signed from 4 family e-amail accounts and agree with Stuey totally, starting with mr F***ing mckenzie !
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #27: Oct 18, 2011 08:48:47 pm
      Done. 7,051 now.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28: Oct 18, 2011 08:53:18 pm
      Done.

Spread The Word Brothers And Sisters.

Click the link for it to count.
      Get onto Twitter / FaceBook and all of the media.

They thought we took down Hicks and Gillett.

Watch this !
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #29: Oct 18, 2011 08:56:08 pm
      Done
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #30: Oct 18, 2011 09:12:11 pm
      Done as soon as I remember my Yahoo password?
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #31: Oct 18, 2011 09:55:00 pm
      Signed, over 8,000 now.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #32: Oct 18, 2011 09:59:40 pm
      Cant sign it in different country unfair :(
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #33: Oct 18, 2011 10:00:58 pm
      Done.and is now over 8,600.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #34: Oct 18, 2011 10:24:34 pm
      Cant sign it in different country unfair :(

You can Andy.
      I thought there was a problem as at first it didn't recognise the Barcelona post code I entered.
      It has a drop down box of countries and recognises the relevant country post code. Clever.
      Try again mate.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #35: Oct 18, 2011 10:49:52 pm
      Signed, and I'm spreading it on facebook.

JFT96
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #36: Oct 18, 2011 11:43:25 pm
      Done.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #37: Oct 18, 2011 11:53:37 pm
      10,041 now. Good stuff, can see it taking a bit longer this one though! Only 1/10 of the way there really. Come on boys + girls, sign it and spread the word!
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #38: Oct 19, 2011 12:13:33 am
      Get this petition on facebook, twitter and other social networks. I put it on facebook and an extra 7 people signed it, it'll make all the difference in reaching the goal.

We've all got a part to play here, let's do it.
      LFC_Mental
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #39: Oct 19, 2011 09:50:08 am
      Signed, JFT96.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #40: Oct 19, 2011 10:49:26 am
      Signed.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: Petition to force The S*n to release its Hillsborough "The Truth" sources
      Reply #41: Oct 19, 2011 11:38:09 am
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #42: Oct 19, 2011 11:52:34 am
      Now on the BBC.

Hillsborough disaster: Thousands sign e-petition over S*n sources
      More than 12,000 people have signed an e-petition demanding The S*n reveal its sources for its "The Truth" story in the wake of the Hillsborough tragedy.

Ninety-six Liverpool fans died in the disaster on 15 April 1989.

Four days later, the newspaper claimed Liverpool fans had stolen from the dead and urinated on victims. It later apologised.

The petition calls on The S*n to disclose all sources for the story to the Hillsborough Independent Panel.

If 100,000 people sign the petition, initiated by David Hawkins, the issue could be debated in the House of Commons.

Ninety-five supporters were killed in a crush of fans at Sheffield Wednesday's ground, where the club was playing an FA Cup semi-final against Nottingham Forest. The 96th victim was in a coma for three years and died in 1992.

An independent inquiry led by Lord Chief Justice Taylor in 1989 established that the main cause was a failure of police crowd control.

'Furthered injustice'
      Margaret Aspinall, who is chair of the Hillsborough Family Support Group and lost her 19-year-old son James in the disaster, said the number of people who had chosen to sign the petition was "humbling".

She said The S*n's coverage had "furthered the injustice" for those who had died, their families and the surviving fans. "They should divulge the name if they have any remorse whatsoever," she added.

"I can't accept an apology but it would be some sort of way of breaking down the barrier," she said.

A previous petition set up by Liverpool fan Brian Irvine, calling for the government to disclose all documents relating to the disaster and its aftermath, attracted 140,000 signatures.

A Commons debate was held on Monday evening, after the backbench business committee agreed it should go ahead.

All papers released
      Liverpool Walton MP Steve Rotheram, whose constituency includes Anfield, opened the debate saying there had been a campaign to blame Liverpool fans. He called on the prime minister to issue a formal apology.

He and other MPs also criticised The Sun's story, which prompted thousands of people on Merseyside to boycott the newspaper. Mr Rotheram also attacked a "senior police officer and a Conservative MP" who leaked stories to the press.

Mr Burnham, speaking for the opposition, said the disaster and the events following it, were "one of the biggest injustices of the 20th Century".

Home Secretary Theresa May re-affirmed the government's position that all documents - including cabinet papers - would be released, via the independent panel. Cabinet papers are usually subject to a 30-year rule.

The panel, chaired by the Bishop of Liverpool, James Jones, is expected to report next year.

Oh Sighed too.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #43: Oct 19, 2011 12:18:08 pm
      Done. 14,445
      Justice For The 96.

YNWA.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #44: Oct 19, 2011 12:38:05 pm
      Signed and passed to my office of 60 people.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,279 posts | 802 
      Reply #45: Oct 19, 2011 12:38:17 pm
      Done.

Quick Reply